November 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Color Breaks - light blonde to medium blonde

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by kiki105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is a nightmare!!! I used it once a few months ago, and several days later, I noticed that chunks of my hair had broken off. For some reason, I didn't link it to this product, so I bought Color Breaks again. Well, my hair is breaking off AGAIN and now there can be no doubt that this product is causing it.

I've bleached my hair in the past... dyed my hair in the past... and NOTHING has ever caused my hair to break off in chunks!! How horrid! By the way, I only left it on for 10 minutes... I didn't even leave it on for the full 20!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by lyssnoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this product reasonably. I put blond highlights in my medium brown hair. I had never had blond highlights before and was very pleased with the color breaks, but it more like dyed all of the top layer of my hair than just a little highlights. The tools they give you to make breaks aren't very good, but the color itself isn't too bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

be very careful with this product!! this is to add lowlights to light hair; i put this on my whitish/bleached-blonde hair and after 10min it was BROWN, ahhhh!! so if you have super light hair and want a touch of dimension, i'd suggest washing out after 5min and then doing a 2nd run if you want darker [btw- the picture for this product is wrong]

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by shylen8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff sucks! I bought it cause of all of the good reviews on here and its aweful!! I look like a cheeta!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by r0cksh0w

I am naturally dark blonde/light brown and bleached and colored my hair to a very light golden blonde last week. In an effort to make it look a little less unnatural, I bought the Low Light version of Color Breaks. I am normally VERY cautious about using products like this, but after doing a test strand and reading the reviews on here, I decided to take the plunge.

I LOVED IT! The color came out so gorgeous. My boyfriend and I agree that it looks like I went and had it done at a salon...except it cost $6.99 instead of $120!

My only qualm was with the oversized "mascara" brush it came with. It was not useful in getting close to the roots. I ended up only using it about half the time and just using the my fingertips the rest of the time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

I have ash blonde hair naturally and everything else is dyed lighter blonde. The directions say to put it on 1/4 inches away from the roots, then come back and do the roots...well the pieces that I followed the directions on ending up with the roots darker and it looked streaky. The pieces came out looking yellow and made my hair feel like straw. I'm not surprised with the straw feeling, because it is bleach, but it should at least come with some kind of conditioner. If you want multitonal color, I would suggest just buying Feria haircolor rather than this stuff or even a highlighting kit with a better brush. Also it says do it with damp hair, the pieces that weren't damp actually turned out with a way better color than the damp strands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair is naturally dirty blonde (and grey) and I lighten it to a medium blonde. Previously, I've always lightened up to platinum hair, so I've been missing the bright blonde and decided to try this.

I *really* messed up with the application - the wand got tangled in my hair so I used my fingers and lightened big chunks instead of strands, and I got big glops of color all over my hair
BUT
This stuff blends SO WELL, you can't tell how badly I messed up! I'm surprised how nicely the color turned out - I was worried it would be orange or brassy. Instead it's a beautiful blond. It looks great.

Next time, I'm going to buy one of those old-fashioned caps and pull strands through instead of messing with the wand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by AthenaNike

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the Dark Blonde to Light Brown version. I like this product a lot. It was easy to use and the directions were simple to follow. It says use it up to 14 days after a color treatment, but I just used to to add highlights to my hair. It worked out great, I suppose because the bleach doesn't "lift" as much as typical highlight kits. It' never turned my hair white or orange (but I am naturally dark ash blonde, not golden or brunette). >>>>TIP: Ditch the stupid mascara wand and use an old toothbrush. Fewer tangles, better coverage, more control.<<<<<
UPDATE: I used this on the hair around my face 1 week after using Colour Experte #8.3 hair dye/highlight and it looks amazing. I freakin' love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product did EXACTLY what I wanted it to do! I usually use L'oreal Hilight Styliste, but I saw this at Walmart and decided to give it a whirl because it was 3 or 4 dollars cheaper. I am very impressed/pleased with the results. For reference, I purchased the dark blonde/light brown kit and applied 10-12 highlights on my bobbed, dark blonde hair. I was a bit nervous that I would end up with obvious-looking white stripes. However, what I got after 20 mins. were very natural, pretty blonde highlights that look like I had them done in a salon! They blend beautifully with my hair and look better than the results I get from L'oreal. I will definitely be using this kit again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Belladonna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I had quit highlighting my hair a few years ago but lately I've been bored and wanting to do it again. My hair is naturally strawberry blonde and dyed a brighter red. I purchased the formula for "Dark Blonde to Light Brown" hair. Well right away I realized part of why I paid so much to a colorist to do highlights, this is not easy!! I had my SO help me with the back (he helps me dye it too, he's kind of a pro at this sort of thing and really it's not that far removed from pinstriping a car). So I did several highlights all over my head but mainly concentrating on the top layers. I'm sure that if my hair was all one length it would have been much easier but I have a very layered style with bangs.
I actually had to do it twice and when other reviewers say to leave it on for 25 minutes, I would have to agree and say maybe even leave it on for 30. It's not quite as dramatic as I would have liked, that said given that it was my first time doing this maybe thats a good thing. I'm sure I will do this again, probably pick a darker shade and leave on for longer. But part of me wonders, couldn't I get the same results buy getting some Wellite and 10 volume developer at Sally's?