November 23, 2014 | 1670 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - Meet The Browns

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have neutral to yellow fair skin with blue eyes. These colors do work on me, and can be very flattering depending on what I'm wearing and what look I'm going for. They are very warm browns, and more terracotta than I would prefer. I don't feel like I wasted my money (I got them for a good price in a kit), but I wouldn't buy them again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lilllisal

I had high hopes for this one. 3 colours to do an everyday brown eye, great? Not so. The colours are unflattering to my pale complexion. The colours are not great togther, the light and medium are too light and have a reddish hint, while the dark is dirt brown. They are not easily blended, and the fall out is impossible to deal with as it sticks to your undereye area.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

I didn't buy the kit, but I did purchase the Wearable Brown Light & the Wearable Brown Medium individually at a Bare Escentuals store. I later found out that these are the browns included in the Meet The Browns kit, and I am very disappointed in these shadows. I was looking for a nice, neutral, matte, shimmerless brown eyeshadow; but like others have mentioned, these eyeshadows are more of a terracotta brown, and orange-browns are not flattering on my skintone at all. These 2 eyeshadows together made my eyes look like I was sick, or like I was crying. (Not my best look.) I will never use them again, not sure if I should ditch 'em or swap 'em. Totally, "unwearable" browns on me. (For reference, NW20, MUFE 120, or LM Rose Ivory)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a set of wearable browns, I was expecting the best BE has to offer. These were the worst unflattering browns I've ever seen. They either had pink or terracotta undertones and just ugly, dirty tan look to them. I didn't want shimmer, but these were just blah. Looked like dust almost. I'm going to try Meet the Nuts next and hope those work for me. I do like Explore of the Soft Focus set for browns but these were just too tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I love this set just as much as I love Meet the Stones. I wear either one depending on which color I'm wearing for the day. This set can be either natural and neutral, or dark and smokey, depending on application. These three browns are not too much on the purple/black end of the spectrum, nor are they reddish at all. They are the ideal tan and brown colors. They have great staying power, and go well with the pink undertones in my complexion.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2007 5:45:00 PM More reviews by susieq4s3

these colors are Very matte and very BORING. i had to put on alot of it for the color to show and it just did nothing for my brown eyes. Also the medium brown and the light brown look exactly alike.Anyone could achieve the same look (or better!) with ANY other matte brown eyeshadow for alot less. Not worth the money at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lanewhite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meet the Browns is the best BE color set for the gal who wants nice, natural looking browns. The colors work well together, blend seamlessly into one another, and look very natural. These are great colors for daytime and for work. If you layer on more color, they work for evening as well. There is no shimmer to any of these browns, so they work great for the 30+ gal (or those like me - on the 8th anniversary of my 29th birthday) who doesn't want to call attention to beginning wrinkles.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 1:08:00 PM More reviews by digitalmaven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

These are the first eyeshadows that I've tried from Bare Escentuals, and I'm pretty impressed, at least by the substance itself. Eveyr other eye shadow I've used has made my eyes itch and has given me a headache whenever I wore it, and this is the first one that hasn't done either! It's pretty easy to apply, and I will definitely be using it continuously. As for the colors of this set, I'm not totally pleased with it, since it doesn't do enough for me, but I might try some variations with the application first. I will definitely be trying other colors from this company though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2006 7:40:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I am not a fan of the Meet the Browns collection. This is a trio of matte browns in varying depths of brown. You get a light brown, medium brown and dark brown. All are very flat and boring. Looked awful with my brown eyes, too much like my NC30 light olive complexion. These browns were just not flattering. Retails for $32 for the trio. I do not recommend this at all.