April 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Shampoo - Giovanni - Smooth as Silk

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

I got this after I fell in love with Giovanni's Frizz Be Gone. At first I enjoyed this shampoo, but then I realized it dried my hair out. It smells nice, and has a good lather. It's not too expensive, but it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by adalew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great shampoo. Not cheap as low foaming. I have very soft and hydrated hair with the help of this shamp. To reduece the quantity of this shamp used, firstly pour a little of your other well foaming shampoo, rinse quickly, then pour some Giovanni smooth as silk shampoo and wash your hair. It will be easy to work through your hair. The magical part is it will make your hair very soft with many of rinse-off conditioners, even those that u wanted to chuck off. Never need a hair treatment anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by hippups

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I used this, the conditioner and the keratin serum on my 4-month-old keratin hair and WOW! Nothing has made my hair look like it's just gotten a keratin treatment like this. I have no idea how it could have made anyone's hair feel stripped. I'm so sorry! Tried a lot of different brands and this is my favorite and it is a $ bargain too!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by noor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo really striped my hair of moisture. my hair was so dry after using it and it wasnt near *smooth as silk* I wont repurchase ever again and Im glad it was on sale when i bought it .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I wish there was a "maybe" button for "would you buy again." So far, this product has done me no wrong. I like the "chemical-free" formulation and the creamy consistency of the product. It also has a very nice, light fragrance. I have very damaged hair from heat styling and coloring, and it seems to be bringing it back from the dead, so far. Part of my problem was that I was using Paul Mitchell products for blonde hair and the products had TOO much protein in them. So now I am trying to recover my hair from that, but I read on MUA that this product too has protein in it. I can't seem to get away. I will update in the event that this product starts to wreck my hair, but so far, it seems to be moisturizing it nicely.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

Left hair stripped. It sucks. Skip if you want to save your have of its moisture.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by peacelovetrust1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Decent vegan shampoo for the price. I won't call it my holy grail shampoo, but it is my holy grail drugstore shampoo. It was recently reformulated and I would give the new formula a 3.5 if I could. It moisturizes without weighing the hair down. It doesn't save hair from color fading as much as I would like. For a fairly low priced shampoo, it does the trick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ragtagbobtail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm going to keep trying this product for one more week, but I'm afraid it's breaking me out. I've had a hypothyroid problem recently, so I'm hoping that's the cause of my acne, but little zits started popping up by my mouth and around my hairline...

Anyways, it smells really nice, and my hair feels like it's really getting rejuvenated after shampooing, but I also think this is weighing my hair down. I have a lot of hair, and it's thick, so maybe this isn't the shampoo for me! Bummer, but I will keep trying. I also bought the 50/50 to try next LOL.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Selene2013

Love it. It smells so nice

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this somewhat. The ingredients were great and so was the smell. I loved the fact that this didn't have silicones or sulfates. The problem is that this shampoo dried out my hair a lot, just like every other shampoo does, and I needed tons of conditioner afterwards. I'm still in search for my HG shampoo, aka, a shampoo that cleanses my hair while being gentle. I just hate the dry sensation most shampoos leave on my hair :(