July 28, 2014 | 2079 users online

Styling Products - Proclaim Glossing Polish

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by cupcakegrl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would recommend this product to those that have dry and rough hair. A few minutes later after I have taken a shower I would use this. It made my hair really soft and smooth. Note: When you use it, your hands get messy.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by StilettoGlamourBarbie24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product did nothing for my hair but cause build up. I prefer Biosilk silk therapy.

-StilettoGlamourBarbie24 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by pinklipstick13

I cannot stress enough how great the Proclaim Glossing Polish is! The first reason why I adore it is the scent it has. It smells fantastic. As soon as I apply it after my showers, my hair feels great. I can actually brush my hair without many tangles or knots preventing me from combing it. As far as controlling the frizz, It has indeed helped. My hair seems to be under control when I use this product. Though my hair type is straight, it feels even more straight, glossy (not oily) and soft. I have nothing bad to say about this product. The price is very reasonable. I payed $3.20 for a 2 fl oz bottle (30 ml), which does seem like a fairly small amount but it does last several months.

Thank you Sally's Beauty Supply for selling this amazing product! ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Surprising how many enthusiastic reviews this stuff garners, since I probably tossed my mostly-full bottle when I moved. Never did I observe any noticeable shine on my hair after usage, and it certainly did nothing to protect it from heat styling. To each, her own, I guess. (For the record, I have wavy, color-treated Asian hair.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff rocks. Although I will say that I got a keratin treatment about 3 months before I started using this so I'm not sure if that also has had a positive effect but this is the ONLY product that stops my hair from frizzing. It also makes it super shiny and so soft and silky I cant stop touching my hair.

I also got Garnier's smooth and sleek serum and One N Only Argon Oil at about the same time to find my HG. I prefer this to the Garnier product and the One N Only is also quite good.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

My only complaint is the smell. I don't like it at all. For that reason alone I won't be repurchasing, that and because there are soooo many serums out. Whether at Target or Sally's there is plenty of hair serums that work just as well or better...and def. smell better. I only used this once, I think *if* I used it again I would have to use a tad more for smoother results, as is my first time using it was just okay, it didn't out perform any hair serum I used in the past. It was the worst smelling one, that's for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this on and off for years. It has a lovely berry-vanilla smell and a little bit goes a long way. It does a great job of controlling frizz and flyaways for me and doesn't feel oily or filmy on my hair. It also creates a nice glossiness as promised. I have used it both on dry hair and wet hair with no problems, though I like it better on dry hair as a finisher. I have also used it when I flat-iron my hair and it does a good job smoothing the cuticle and protecting my hair from the heat. A bottle has definitely lasted me a long time and it is not too expensive. Sally's has a travel size bottle if you want to try it out first. For reference I currently have highlighted, curly 3b hair that can get dry and frizzy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Trying to find words to describe how amazing this product is...... I am going to Sally's today and going to buy a CASE of this product! It is unbelievably that good. First off, you use VERY little. I have long hair to the middle of my bra strap. It is dry, frizzy, damaged beyond belief from constant flat ironing and coloring and highlighting and I'm 43 (43 years of hair abuse). So you wash your hair, squeeze out the water and use about a dime size and run it through your entire head of hair. I air dry my hair at night. In the morning i flat ironed and OMG. I only had to run the iron over each hair section ONCE! It was straighter than i've ever had it, stick straight and SO soft and SO SO SO shiny and smelled so good. And i live in Florida humidity. My hair looks like those shiny hair commercials. It is unbelievable. I then run a little bit on my palms and smooth over dry flat ironed hair. Perfection! And it stays perfect ALL day! It's $6 at Sally's. If you don't buy this you're absolutely unaware of what you are missing and will be sorry! Enough said! This is the best product out there and BY FAR better than ANY high end product on the market. HOLY HAIR GRAIL! DONE! I'm going to go to every Sally's in my town and clean them out because if this dissapears off the shelves I will kick myself!
UPDATE 5/6/2013 - Still loving this. All the above STILL true. I also bought the heat protector serum by this same brand. I like that also, it comes in a red / pink bottle.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is my crack! I have not been without this glossing polish since I was 16 years old, that's 7+ years now. I have very thick, full, naturally curly waist length hair. I've recently also dyed it blonde! So, as you can imagine, my hair is unruly and just generally an a-hole. The only products that I've ever trusted to tame my frizzy mane (even when I lived in the steamy humidity of Florida) are Silk Elements products and this Proclaim Glossing Polish. Nothing compares.

This stuff smells amazing, doesn't weigh down my hair, and is basically just a bottle of natural oils. It is so inexpensive, easily purchased (in the US) from any Sally's Beauty Supply (they also sell it on their website and it can be found on Amazon.) A 6oz bottle of this lasts over a year in my household, even after my dad & younger sister started using it. My sister uses it because she likes the smell and dad uses it because he has graying hair, which is growing more course by the day. As a man who has only ever used suave $1 shampoo & hairspray, he now swears by this stuff. Oh!, be sure that you have a good stand-by clarifying shampoo, as this glossing polish can create build up in your hair. That's not an issue for me because I use a clarifying shampoo once every 2 weeks anyway.

MUA doesn't seem to know much about this product because there are only reviews for this original version and there are two different reviews under the listing. I just wanted to mention that there are two other versions of this polish. One comes in a red bottle and claims to have an added heat protectant, that one also smells like cherries so it's the one I use more often than not. The other version claims to be "enriched with olive oil", I've yet to try that one.

Lately, I have been seeing dupes of this stuff EVERYWHERE, even in grocery stores! They have the same bottle shape and appearance but a different brand name. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THESE PRODUCTS, they are nowhere near as good and tend to weigh hair down.

Okay, so on to the ingredients, be forewarned, cones galore:
Cyclopentasiloxane (liquid silicone), cyclotetrasiloxane (another cone), dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, canola oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (this protects the oils from deteriorating in the sun), limonene (natural citrus scent), linalool (natural floral scent), HMPCC (synthetic fragrance.)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by magnisky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Get the heat protectant version (red bottle). I would give it a 5/5 but, it is not a true miracle. I only give out 5's when it is absolutely necessary. But for the cheap price of the bottle and what it actually does 4/5 is very good.