The Body Shop Warming Japanese Sake Bath Gel

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/27/2006 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this shower gel. Love the scent- it's a powdery, warm Asian floral that just smells clean and comforting to me. It doesn't overdry my skin and the scent lingers just long enough to enjoy, but not so long that it competes with any perfume or scented lotion I may be wearing. I hope this is available again this winter.

The Body Shop is really overlooked imho, especially its shower gels. This one is a powerful oriental floral that lasts on my skin all day long. There is definately some kind of woodsy note to it as well. This one doesn't have a companion lotion or body spray, and it really doesn't need one at all b/c it's that strong. The thing about this is that I have to be in the mood to use it-it's just too much sometimes. Some days it smells awesome, other days I wanna puke. Very strange, I still do like it though.

on 6/15/2006 12:22:00 PM

I'm not a huge fan of this shower gel. See, I had a very annoying moment when I put on a drugstore version of "warm vanilla sugar" lotion on my legs (which was very yummy, even though it was cheapo) after showering with this gel, and the scent turned horribly into Eau De Rancid Play-Doh. I've also had another body spray really turn nasty when I've used this shower gel. Because I like layering scents, I find myself avoiding this one. Will not repurchase when I've used it up. I didn't get the warming sensation at all, maybe I just missed it?

on 4/17/2006 2:12:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This reminds me of the discontinued Ananya scent. Very warm Oriental floral. Nice, but a LE in the States, too bad I would buy this year round if available.

on 4/4/2006 1:49:00 AM

Liking this scent requires a bit of an acquired taste; the shower gel goes on strongly and leaves a lingering scent in the bathroom. Warming Japanese Sake Bath Gel was released at the same time as Tickling French Bubbly Bath and Shower Gel (Productville link). I can't quite describe this scent- it smells very warm and the 'sake' tones pack quite a punch. I don't really like this scent that much (I mean I do like it, but I'm not as crazy about it as I am about other scents, lol)- but it gets brownie points for novelty. I always reach out for this whenever I want a perk in the morning. I suggest you try this- you might like it! continued >>