October 26, 2014 | 1536 users online

Loose Powders - Anna Sui - Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Luxurious and effective loose powder!

I use #200, which is a light lavender colour, with some pearlescence. I use it on top of BB cream. It sets the BB cream for all-day wear. The lavender tone instantly brightens my skin which has yellow undertones. The powder is very fine and leaves your skin looking finished. I don't get as much oily breakthrough when I wear this powder. My face feels clean when I wear this powder. I don't feel like coloured gunk is stuck to my face (yes, sometimes makeup does feel like that.)

Loose powder seem to be out of style these days, but this is a basic that is worth the $40 and more.

Lavender-toned powder to counteract sallowness is almost impossible to find, so I am feeling lucky that I've found this powder. I almost feel like I should go stock up, in case its discontinued!

There were some comments about the bulkiness of the container, and I agree, it's best left at home. To bring this powder with me, I just went to the dollar store and got some small cosmetic travel containers, and fill one with the powder so that I can easily transport it in my purse, with a kabuki brush to dust it on.

Jan 24 2014 update:
I saw my girlfriend for the first time in a month last night. I was wearing the above described combination: BB cream, with a dusting of this #200 light lavender powder on top. Upon first seeing me, she said, "Your skin looks amazing! What are you doing?!" I credit the Anna Sui powder completely as it gives a very light-reflective, brightening, smooth finish to my generally sallow complexion. Right before I saw my girlfriend, I also have to note that I picked up my son from school, and I noticed two fathers checking me out at the school as well!! Generally speaking, I don't get men checking me out anymore; as a working Mom, I am and look tired. I'm NOT saying that I want fathers and men to check me out; all I'm saying is that this powder has some attention-grabbing power from both men and women!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by esther22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is honestly such an amaing product. It gives you a nice glow and doesn't make you look too dry or cakey. The rose scent is so appealing and also I love the packaging. Overall I think this would be perfect for anyone except for anyone who wants a complete matte powder because it does have shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by shelz430

I bought this product a few years ago and more recently and i still find it fantastic.

Pros: In terms of coverage, it provides this fresh look on your face, with a hint of shimmer (i used #701 and #702) and sits as an awesome setting powder on your face. i would use it for nights out clubbing and my skin in photos would turn out flawless.

The product smells great and the packaging is cute.

Cons: My skin felt quite clogged and didnt prevent shine after a few hours. Touch ups were required. Also travelling with this powder was a pain, there was no secure lid and i have lost count how many times i have actually dropped or spilled this powder. It creates a mess and ruins your powder buffer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by dawnwong

I got this as a gift. First reaction was that I love the packaging. It's just so pretty. You can't take it with you like the twist top ones but you can always transfer some to a small container.

I have the one with shimmer. Made me look fat when I tried using it all over my face, glowing like the full moon. But then I discovered that this works great as a highlight under the eyes, high on the cheekbones or dabbed on the forehead.

I still have loads left but I imagine I will repurchase when I'm out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by jermainexoxo

Usually i use my Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre, but sometimes i would use this loose powder in #200. The purple glittery loose powder really does even out your skin tone. This actually was a birthday present from my aunt and at first i thought she got my shade wrong because it was so greyish and... ewww(!!!) i really hated it. Besides, all the shimmering made it even worst. My ex-colleague even asked me why is my face in this colour and i was too embarrassed to answer his question! I left this loose powder in my drawer for a month or two, until i got a powder brush from Hong Kong. I decided to give this loose powder one more try and.. Voila~ After applying it w a brush it looked so much, mark my words, SO MUCH BETTER. Of course, there is still shimmer in this loose powder, but at least the greyish cast didn't appear. I am not sure if this loose powder is suitable for warm skin tones tho, because my friend who has a warm skin tone tried it on and i thought i doesn't really suit her.
I don't really recommend this loose powder for everyday use tho. I just thought it won't be the MOST appropriate for work or school (i would use a loose powder without shimmers instead), but it is good for partying or a night out w your girlfriends! If you really want to use it in daytime, i feel that it can be used as a highlighter instead. We all know the pinching pain when we can't finish a pot of expensive loose powder but yet we have to throw it away due to hygiene purposes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this product. Although the packaging is beautiful and the puff is soft, thick and large, I have accidentally dropped the case two times and spilled about 1/3 of the content. That was such a waste. But still, it seems to last forever. I usually just pat a few times on my face but it instantly bright up my skin. It is not too glittery at all but gives me a subtle glow. It makes my makeup stay in its place for the day.

This is a bit costly for me as I am not a every day makeup type of person. I have a love and hate relationship with the packaging itself but it seems to last long enough and the results on my face is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm writing this review targeting the #200. it's the purple shimmering loose powder. Personally I love this product. At first I regret buying it. Until one day... I dust it on my face like drawing a "C" from the temples to the cheekbones. DO NOT SWIPE. you have to dust it lightly with a loose powder brush. I also dust a little bit on the smile lines cause the shimmer reflects light therefore your smile lines will be less noticeable. I do this instead of applying it on the whole face so it gives me a natural glow also brighten up the whole face. I usually finish the look with a LIGHT swipe of blush.
I really recommend trying this instead of applying it to the whole face which does make you look grey. Of course, try using it as a body shimmer if you really don't like it on your face. no one should hate this amazing product ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Faishi

I have this in no702 which definitely dark for my nc20 skin however I use it w my super fair/light foundations to set it. I love this loose powder! The powder is so fine. If you're worried about the rose scent please don't! It's not that strong fragrant rose smelled! It's just mild and light scent of rose and that's it. Another thing I love is the packaging! Sooo darling! The purple puff is so fluffy and soft! Definitely worth Sgd65!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by kemingj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Completely mismatched skin tone in day-light condition although the sales lady claimed the color is right for me. Nice smell and beautiful box, that's about it. However, it is difficult to carry around or for travel purposes since the box cannot be sealed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by reginachristin

I love Anna Sui products, especially her loose powder!!!
Pros :
- smells greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
- able to give me a flawless complexion
- long lasting coverage
- not cakey
- powder texture is very fine
- very nice packaging
- super nice powder puff!!!
Cons :
NONE