September 21, 2014 | 1053 users online

Treatments (Face) - C.O. Bigelow - 1838 Herbal Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I use it on my chapped skin and nose in the winter and it works wonderfully. It lasts forever and is definitely multi use. It's similar in uses to the rosebud salve but not quite so greasy and you wouldn't want this on your lips (i'm not crazy about the scent). But it really does the trick for my dry chapped burning skin. I've also used it on my chin when my So had stubble and gave me "rugburn" on my face from kissing him (yes, i have very sensitive skin). This took care of it, even the scabbing. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by demoninthedark

This product is GREAT for dry cuticles or calloused skin. At $8.50 a small pot, the price is affordable for the amount of balm- since only a small amount is needed as treatment. Another similar favorite to try if you find the herbal scent to be offensive would be the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (which smells to me like lemon meringue. Both are excellent products loaded with skin-loving ingredients!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2006 4:55:00 PM More reviews by nlam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

a fine gentle balm - multipurpose and with an inoffensive scent. texture is nice and silky. nothing too special, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 5:25:00 AM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if I would buy this again b/c of the price, for one! But I'm sure it lasts a long time. I tried it for my dry skin and rash I get around my nose area but it did not work, in fact I THINK that the herbal-y smell to it (which is nice like a cold herbal scent, sort of, or strong tea) made it worse. But...and I don't recommend using it on babies, but with my baby, he has real sensitive skin. He gets chapped cheeks when we go out in the wind, or on a cold day. I rub this on ONCE and it clears up his dry, chapped cheeks within hours! If I don't rub anything on it at all, he has chapped cheeks for days! SO MAY NOT WORK MUCH FOR ME, but works well on my baby. I'd like to figure out more uses for it, though. I had originally bought it for the Calendula (skin calming)that is in it. I probably should have tried Weleda for myself.