Wen by Chaz Dean Fig Cleansing Conditioner

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Fig Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Menthol, Sweet Almond Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Methlisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Essential Oils.

on 1/30/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What can I say, I fell for the gimmick and was totally let down. This product left much to be desired! I always felt as if there was some residue/buildup in my hair after a thorough rinsing. My scalp was dry and flaky after using it (I don't normally have this problem) the scent is obnoxious, it reminds me a lot of liquid Robitussin. Overall I am so unimpressed. I'll stick to my $10 shampoo/conditioner an won't waste my money on this again.

on 1/23/2015 2:10:00 AM

At first I thought I loved it, but then my hair seemed to be greasier and frizzier than usual. It doesn't last very long, especially when you have long thick hair. The only plus side is that it doesn't bother my sensitive scalp.

on 11/10/2014 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Terrible! Smells weird! Figgy minty? Made my hair greasy and dry! Weird! Idk what all the hype is about? Would never buy or use again! Disappointed!! Be careful! I've seen a lot of reviews about hair loss! If you insist on using this product I suggest using a clarifying shampoo on your scalp at least once a week! There are a lot of wax/oil based chemicals in this product - they can and will coat your scalp and hair follicles if not rinsed properly - I'm a hairstylist - better be safe than sorry later! Clarify once a week! Please

on 7/29/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It works well, at cleansing and conditioning my very dry, naturally curly hair. Do i find it to be as moisturizing as Chaz Dean claims? Not exactly. I mean it is moisturizing, but not as moisturizing as i was expecting when i got it at home. Also, I have smelled real figs before, and the scent that this product has does not smell like real figs at all. Instead, it smells more so like cherries, with a hint of menthol mixed in in. I do not understand why Chaz Dean puts menthol in his cleansing conditioners for adults. As, this ingredient can be potentially irritating to individuals' scalps. Thank God, i have not experienced such or any hairloss through continued use of his cleansing conditioner. Also, his products are not all natural. And, the smell of the cleansing conditioner does linger for a while in my hair, even after I have made to rinse all of the product out of my hair thoroughly.

This product is very pricey, which is why i only buy it in gallon size when Chaz Dean is on QVC in June. That is when the gallons are offered on easy pay. Otherwise, i would not continue buying this stuff, due to its very high pricetag. I consider it a luxury item, not a must have. At some point, my using WEN will probably come to an end, which is why I rated it a 3.

And, i wanted to add that I do not use the recommended amount of pumps instructed on the side of the bottle. I use the exact amount that i feel wotks best for my hair instead, which works best for me.

on 7/21/2014 6:49:00 AM

I have extremely thin hair. It didn't weigh my hair down. I'm just wondering why it made my hair so DRY. And frizzy. I was hoping my hair would be soft silky and bouncy like Alyssa Milano in those commercials... But meh. No Dice. I've had to use frizz serum as a supplement. (And no adding a little as a leave in conditioner did nothing). I used the bottle but will not buy again. Sorry.

on 6/24/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as a Christmas gift and was excited to see what all the hype was about. My reaction? Meh... Not bad, not great, just boring. I tried it for about 2 weeks and gave it to my friend with fine, thinning hair. She wasn't impressed, either.
I don't mind the lack of lather and the smell was fine, but this didn't do anything special for my thick curly hair, and seemed to weigh it down, discouraging my curls. I'll stick to cheaper options that encourage volume and curl.

on 6/1/2014 12:18:00 AM

This is one of the worst products I've ever used. It made my hair fall out in clumps. It also left my hair feeling dirty, weighed down and greasy. I used it twice with the same results before I returned it.

on 5/16/2014 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have been using the cowash method for about 3 years off and on. I have tried many products but felt since Wen seems to set the standard I should try it. I didn't want to get into the auto delivery nightmare so my fiance drove 25 miles to Sephora...yes I live in a small town, no mall. Anyway...I got the Wen Fig. I have short, straight color treated which is a bit coarse. My hair is in great condition despite coloring cause I use no heat on it. I was so disappointed with this product. The smell was gross, and I am not usually picky about smells. I used as directed then a pump for a leave in. Went to comb out later and my hair was stuck together. Used 2 more times rinsing more each time...same thing. Gave the bottle to my sister. PS of all the cleansing conditioners I've tried Hair One Jojoba and HE the Nakeds are my favs.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Overall I like this product, although much less than the original sweet almond mint Wen.

It is significantly heavier than sweet almond mint, and as such I only use on my ends, not scalp.

This does have a strong scent and creates a "tingly" sensation on the head, if you are sensitive I could see this causing a headache so keep that in mind.

Many reviews speak of hair falling out, I have long, curly, color treated hair which is naturally thin on top and along the hairline and i have not noticed any hair loss with this product, I have used it for about 1 year so I can say confidently I didn't have that side effect.

If you like Wen or deep conditioners I would suggest this as an ends only deep conditioner, I enjoy the scent and tingle and like to mix it up. The only reason I won't repurchase is because I much prefer the sweet almond mint wen, If you are new to Wen, don't start here, I don't think it accurately reflects the product line because it so much heavier.

on 3/3/2014 3:22:00 PM

I've gotta be honest, I am very disappointed in this product. A few of my friends swear by it, so my husband bought me a bottle. While it does condition well, it is HEAVY. It weighs my hair down so I can't use it when I'm going to have to be somewhere that day. I don't even use half as much as the box says to. I think it's good for a deep condition, yes, but for an everyday shampoo, no.