Wen by Chaz Dean Fig Cleansing Conditioner

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Fig Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Menthol, Sweet Almond Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Methlisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Essential Oils.

on 7/14/2015 10:40:00 AM

Well, this stuff SAVED my hair. Literally. I am caucasian with wavy, very colored hair (and I'm famous for heat styling, too). I have gone on and off Wen for years, but after a lot of color changes recently I went back to it, and this time to the Fig. It is an absolute miracle!!!! I just put some in, pretend to shampoo, stick it up in a clip for the rest of my shower, then rinse out. I have never been happier, and at 47 I'm having some of the best hair days of my life.

The ONE THING you must remember is NOT to use silicone products for styling when you are a Wen girl....Wen cannot get the sticky silicones out. This is why some people say Wen is weighing their hair down. I switched to Aveda Smooth Infusion, but only need very little. With the Wen your hair is really blow-dry ready right out of the shower.

Anyway, if I ever run into Chaz Dean in the street I'm going to kiss him! He really has saved my very damaged hair. (Oh, and as for price, it costs about 32 dollars for a bottle and is worth $32,000)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I understand that it takes your hair time to adjust to the "shampoo-free" routine - but this just left my hair disgustingly oily and requiring more washing than usual. I only used a fraction of the recommended pumps (it asks for 16-24 for medium length!), and left in a dime sized amount as leave-in (as per directions). The bottle does contain quite a bit of product (16 oz) which will last you quite some time, assuming you don't use the bizarre amounts they suggest.

However, I did find using a small amount as leave-in conditioner after another cleansing conditioner (believe it or not - a WEN knock-off by Renpure!) worked very well. However, it was nothing another, lower priced leave-in treatment or oil wouldn't accomplish.

on 3/10/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My hair type is extremely coarse, thick, and tends to be dry. It is also color treated & heat styled. I need something that is very hydrating & won't strip my color. I bought Fig in a 3-pack at Sephora to try. First, "Fig" smells nothing at all remotely like Fig. It smells like cherry cough syrup - and I mean *exactly* like it. Fake cherry scent with a hint of menthol. Weird they would name it Fig, really. I can get past that, but if you're sensitive to fragrance (or really, really hate Robitussin), it could be an issue. Wen is a very thick formulation. I typically don't do the "wash, rinse, repeat" Wen method - I just do 1 application, massage, let it sit, then rinse. My hair is about chin length but extremely, extremely thick, and I probably use around 8-10 pumps. Rinse very thoroughly & I blowdry with Pureology styling cream. I don't do the additional leave-in pump, because I found it made little difference in how my hair looked & felt afterward. My hair is silky and smooth, and my color definitely lasts much longer. I will say that this is literally the only product I've ever found that can tend to weigh my hair down, so I typically will alternate this out with other Wen formulations, Renpure cleansing conditioner, or even Kirkland sulfate-free shampoo. I know that Wen seems to be very "your mileage may vary" abut for me, this formula works very nicely in conjunction with other cleansers. I think it would work best for hair similar to mine - very thick, coarse & dry.

on 1/30/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What can I say, I fell for the gimmick and was totally let down. This product left much to be desired! I always felt as if there was some residue/buildup in my hair after a thorough rinsing. My scalp was dry and flaky after using it (I don't normally have this problem) the scent is obnoxious, it reminds me a lot of liquid Robitussin. Overall I am so unimpressed. I'll stick to my $10 shampoo/conditioner an won't waste my money on this again.

on 1/23/2015 2:10:00 AM

At first I thought I loved it, but then my hair seemed to be greasier and frizzier than usual. It doesn't last very long, especially when you have long thick hair. The only plus side is that it doesn't bother my sensitive scalp.

on 11/10/2014 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Terrible! Smells weird! Figgy minty? Made my hair greasy and dry! Weird! Idk what all the hype is about? Would never buy or use again! Disappointed!! Be careful! I've seen a lot of reviews about hair loss! If you insist on using this product I suggest using a clarifying shampoo on your scalp at least once a week! There are a lot of wax/oil based chemicals in this product - they can and will coat your scalp and hair follicles if not rinsed properly - I'm a hairstylist - better be safe than sorry later! Clarify once a week! Please

on 7/29/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It works well, at cleansing and conditioning my very dry, naturally curly hair. Do i find it to be as moisturizing as Chaz Dean claims? Not exactly. I mean it is moisturizing, but not as moisturizing as i was expecting when i got it at home. Also, I have smelled real figs before, and the scent that this product has does not smell like real figs at all. Instead, it smells more so like cherries, with a hint of menthol mixed in in. I do not understand why Chaz Dean puts menthol in his cleansing conditioners for adults. As, this ingredient can be potentially irritating to individuals' scalps. Thank God, i have not experienced such or any hairloss through continued use of his cleansing conditioner. Also, his products are not all natural. And, the smell of the cleansing conditioner does linger for a while in my hair, even after I have made to rinse all of the product out of my hair thoroughly.

This product is very pricey, which is why i only buy it in gallon size when Chaz Dean is on QVC in June. That is when the gallons are offered on easy pay. Otherwise, i would not continue buying this stuff, due to its very high pricetag. I consider it a luxury item, not a must have. At some point, my using WEN will probably come to an end, which is why I rated it a 3.

And, i wanted to add that I do not use the recommended amount of pumps instructed on the side of the bottle. I use the exact amount that i feel wotks best for my hair instead, which works best for me.

on 7/21/2014 6:49:00 AM

I have extremely thin hair. It didn't weigh my hair down. I'm just wondering why it made my hair so DRY. And frizzy. I was hoping my hair would be soft silky and bouncy like Alyssa Milano in those commercials... But meh. No Dice. I've had to use frizz serum as a supplement. (And no adding a little as a leave in conditioner did nothing). I used the bottle but will not buy again. Sorry.

on 6/24/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as a Christmas gift and was excited to see what all the hype was about. My reaction? Meh... Not bad, not great, just boring. I tried it for about 2 weeks and gave it to my friend with fine, thinning hair. She wasn't impressed, either.
I don't mind the lack of lather and the smell was fine, but this didn't do anything special for my thick curly hair, and seemed to weigh it down, discouraging my curls. I'll stick to cheaper options that encourage volume and curl.

on 6/1/2014 12:18:00 AM

This is one of the worst products I've ever used. It made my hair fall out in clumps. It also left my hair feeling dirty, weighed down and greasy. I used it twice with the same results before I returned it.