September 2, 2014 | 1691 users online

Conditioner - Wen by Chaz Dean - Fig Cleansing Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

It works well, at cleansing and conditioning my very dry, naturally curly hair. Do i find it to be as moisturizing as Chaz Dean claims? Not exactly. I mean it is moisturizing, but not as moisturizing as i was expecting when i got it at home. Also, I have smelled real figs before, and the scent that this product has does not smell like real figs at all. Instead, it smells more so like cherries, with a hint of menthol mixed in in. I do not understand why Chaz Dean puts menthol in his cleansing conditioners for adults. As, this ingredient can be potentially irritating to individuals' scalps. Thank God, i have not experienced such or any hairloss through continued use of his cleansing conditioner. Also, his products are not all natural. And, the smell of the cleansing conditioner does linger for a while in my hair, even after I have made to rinse all of the product out of my hair thoroughly.

This product is very pricey, which is why i only buy it in gallon size when Chaz Dean is on QVC in June. That is when the gallons are offered on easy pay. Otherwise, i would not continue buying this stuff, due to its very high pricetag. I consider it a luxury item, not a must have. At some point, my using WEN will probably come to an end, which is why I rated it a 3.

And, i wanted to add that I do not use the recommended amount of pumps instructed on the side of the bottle. I use the exact amount that i feel wotks best for my hair instead, which works best for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by BelaBlue

I have extremely thin hair. It didn't weigh my hair down. I'm just wondering why it made my hair so DRY. And frizzy. I was hoping my hair would be soft silky and bouncy like Alyssa Milano in those commercials... But meh. No Dice. I've had to use frizz serum as a supplement. (And no adding a little as a leave in conditioner did nothing). I used the bottle but will not buy again. Sorry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

I received this as a Christmas gift and was excited to see what all the hype was about. My reaction? Meh... Not bad, not great, just boring. I tried it for about 2 weeks and gave it to my friend with fine, thinning hair. She wasn't impressed, either.
I don't mind the lack of lather and the smell was fine, but this didn't do anything special for my thick curly hair, and seemed to weigh it down, discouraging my curls. I'll stick to cheaper options that encourage volume and curl.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by deanna424

This is one of the worst products I've ever used. It made my hair fall out in clumps. It also left my hair feeling dirty, weighed down and greasy. I used it twice with the same results before I returned it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by SusieKat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using the cowash method for about 3 years off and on. I have tried many products but felt since Wen seems to set the standard I should try it. I didn't want to get into the auto delivery nightmare so my fiance drove 25 miles to Sephora...yes I live in a small town, no mall. Anyway...I got the Wen Fig. I have short, straight color treated which is a bit coarse. My hair is in great condition despite coloring cause I use no heat on it. I was so disappointed with this product. The smell was gross, and I am not usually picky about smells. I used as directed then a pump for a leave in. Went to comb out later and my hair was stuck together. Used 2 more times rinsing more each time...same thing. Gave the bottle to my sister. PS of all the cleansing conditioners I've tried Hair One Jojoba and HE the Nakeds are my favs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Overall I like this product, although much less than the original sweet almond mint Wen.

It is significantly heavier than sweet almond mint, and as such I only use on my ends, not scalp.

This does have a strong scent and creates a "tingly" sensation on the head, if you are sensitive I could see this causing a headache so keep that in mind.

Many reviews speak of hair falling out, I have long, curly, color treated hair which is naturally thin on top and along the hairline and i have not noticed any hair loss with this product, I have used it for about 1 year so I can say confidently I didn't have that side effect.

If you like Wen or deep conditioners I would suggest this as an ends only deep conditioner, I enjoy the scent and tingle and like to mix it up. The only reason I won't repurchase is because I much prefer the sweet almond mint wen, If you are new to Wen, don't start here, I don't think it accurately reflects the product line because it so much heavier.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lindslou44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've gotta be honest, I am very disappointed in this product. A few of my friends swear by it, so my husband bought me a bottle. While it does condition well, it is HEAVY. It weighs my hair down so I can't use it when I'm going to have to be somewhere that day. I don't even use half as much as the box says to. I think it's good for a deep condition, yes, but for an everyday shampoo, no.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by althena21

Okay, I work in a casino boat (this is relevant I swear), any way when buying a product I always look for something that will clean my hair and get the smell of cigarettes and cigars out of my hair but doesn't dry it out completely. Apparently that's a tall order in the hair care world.
So I tried wen after goggling the different scents and Fig is the one for moisture. I have pretty coarse curly hair that has thin strands but I have a lot of it. So I have volume but its almost always not hydrated enough. So here comes Wen should be a life saver.
I followed the directions to the letter but I must say upon opening the bottle, this stuff smell's terrible. It's literally like putting cherry cough syrup in my hair that's the only thing I can associate this scent with. A cough medicine that I do not want to drink but I know will help.
Anyways my hair is about a little past shoulder length curly wet about shoulder length dry, so I used 10 pumps each side of my head worked it in rinsed and did another 10 pumps whole head untangled it and left it in for the reminder of my shower like it says on the bottle.
I rinsed and while my hair still had water in it I put 1 pump in my hair and squeezed the water out so I could have a leave in like the bottle says.
When done I put the redken curlwise 14 cream in my hair like I always do. I'm so sad its discontinued =(. And I let my hair dry completely.
Hair dried I looked at it. My hair felt pretty good looked pretty curl defined not so much frizziness as I would have expected.
I only had one thing, this stuff made my hair stink and it didn't get the smoke smell out all the way, so now my hair smelled like smoky cough syrup, yuck. I liked how it felt in my hair all tingly but the smell was still there so I feel like my hair wasn't cleaned properly despite the clean feeling I had. My hair felt nice and full and moisturized in the shower but smelled if anything worse.
All in all I will not buy the Fig one again despite its hydrating properties. I will try the sweet almond mint though
Pros: hair felt great, mostruized
Cons: Smell, price, used way to much product for price

I only gave it a 4 because despite its smell it did what it said it would moisturized my hair wonderfully and I had minimal hair loss I just cant get past the smell. Change that scent and it gets a 4.5 if not a 5. Price is still an issue here I'm using way to much of it to be spending 30 bucks on a 16 oz bottle

Not a rebuy

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by booya123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS HORRIBLE PRODUCT MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT! PLEASE DO NOT USE. My hair was falling out in clumps in the shower. I thought nothing of it until my hair became brittle. I finally decided to look into shampoos because the WEN was not working anymore. I came across HUNDREDS of other users who experienced hair loss. There are shady ingredients in this stuff, and it is a dangerous product!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Kittycatdanceparty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My mother bought this for me and I liked the smell of it, and it did a very good job of cleaning my hair. The only thing I disliked about it was how much volume I lost. I have short hair and I like to poof it up in the back a little, and this stuff completely flattened out my hair. I really like it as a shampoo, but hated that when styling my hair it seemed flattened out because of it.

It's also WAAAAY too expensive!