April 24, 2014 | 1546 users online

Conditioner - Wen by Chaz Dean - Fig Cleansing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Overall I like this product, although much less than the original sweet almond mint Wen.

It is significantly heavier than sweet almond mint, and as such I only use on my ends, not scalp.

This does have a strong scent and creates a "tingly" sensation on the head, if you are sensitive I could see this causing a headache so keep that in mind.

Many reviews speak of hair falling out, I have long, curly, color treated hair which is naturally thin on top and along the hairline and i have not noticed any hair loss with this product, I have used it for about 1 year so I can say confidently I didn't have that side effect.

If you like Wen or deep conditioners I would suggest this as an ends only deep conditioner, I enjoy the scent and tingle and like to mix it up. The only reason I won't repurchase is because I much prefer the sweet almond mint wen, If you are new to Wen, don't start here, I don't think it accurately reflects the product line because it so much heavier.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lindslou44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've gotta be honest, I am very disappointed in this product. A few of my friends swear by it, so my husband bought me a bottle. While it does condition well, it is HEAVY. It weighs my hair down so I can't use it when I'm going to have to be somewhere that day. I don't even use half as much as the box says to. I think it's good for a deep condition, yes, but for an everyday shampoo, no.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by althena21

Okay, I work in a casino boat (this is relevant I swear), any way when buying a product I always look for something that will clean my hair and get the smell of cigarettes and cigars out of my hair but doesn't dry it out completely. Apparently that's a tall order in the hair care world.
So I tried wen after goggling the different scents and Fig is the one for moisture. I have pretty coarse curly hair that has thin strands but I have a lot of it. So I have volume but its almost always not hydrated enough. So here comes Wen should be a life saver.
I followed the directions to the letter but I must say upon opening the bottle, this stuff smell's terrible. It's literally like putting cherry cough syrup in my hair that's the only thing I can associate this scent with. A cough medicine that I do not want to drink but I know will help.
Anyways my hair is about a little past shoulder length curly wet about shoulder length dry, so I used 10 pumps each side of my head worked it in rinsed and did another 10 pumps whole head untangled it and left it in for the reminder of my shower like it says on the bottle.
I rinsed and while my hair still had water in it I put 1 pump in my hair and squeezed the water out so I could have a leave in like the bottle says.
When done I put the redken curlwise 14 cream in my hair like I always do. I'm so sad its discontinued =(. And I let my hair dry completely.
Hair dried I looked at it. My hair felt pretty good looked pretty curl defined not so much frizziness as I would have expected.
I only had one thing, this stuff made my hair stink and it didn't get the smoke smell out all the way, so now my hair smelled like smoky cough syrup, yuck. I liked how it felt in my hair all tingly but the smell was still there so I feel like my hair wasn't cleaned properly despite the clean feeling I had. My hair felt nice and full and moisturized in the shower but smelled if anything worse.
All in all I will not buy the Fig one again despite its hydrating properties. I will try the sweet almond mint though
Pros: hair felt great, mostruized
Cons: Smell, price, used way to much product for price

I only gave it a 4 because despite its smell it did what it said it would moisturized my hair wonderfully and I had minimal hair loss I just cant get past the smell. Change that scent and it gets a 4.5 if not a 5. Price is still an issue here I'm using way to much of it to be spending 30 bucks on a 16 oz bottle

Not a rebuy

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by booya123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS HORRIBLE PRODUCT MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT! PLEASE DO NOT USE. My hair was falling out in clumps in the shower. I thought nothing of it until my hair became brittle. I finally decided to look into shampoos because the WEN was not working anymore. I came across HUNDREDS of other users who experienced hair loss. There are shady ingredients in this stuff, and it is a dangerous product!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Kittycatdanceparty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My mother bought this for me and I liked the smell of it, and it did a very good job of cleaning my hair. The only thing I disliked about it was how much volume I lost. I have short hair and I like to poof it up in the back a little, and this stuff completely flattened out my hair. I really like it as a shampoo, but hated that when styling my hair it seemed flattened out because of it.

It's also WAAAAY too expensive!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I needed so much product, it made my hair flat and greasy, and I feel like it wouldn't fully rinse out. I hate this stuff so much I had to take another shower after my hair dried to rinse it out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by moth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used a lot of conditioners for co-washing over the last decade, but this one is the first one I've disliked. I went into Sephora looking for another brand and was steered towards this. It smelled wonderful in the store, and so I bought it, even though I wasn't 100% happy with a couple of the ingredients (which are, by the way, nothing spectacular, despite the hefty price tag). The bottle I brought home smelled a great deal different from the product I sampled in the store. What I got smells medicine-y, like cough drops. But I gave it a fair shake. Three washes later, my 3A curls formed a giant poofball. OK, maybe it's the weather? Washed my hair with the kids' shampoo, massaged a lot of jojoba oil into my hair and scalp -- hair is soft, silky and just downright nice. Two washes with Wen later, I'm back to frizzy, giant poofball. Hair is not silky. Repeat this phenomenon two more times, and I'm convinced it's the Wen Cleansing Conditioner. Fair shake time over, this one's going in the can.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Smells like cough syrup!! Got a variety kit from QVC and this was the worst smelling one. Pump doesn't work when you get down to 1/4 left in bottle. Only pro after using 4 small bottles was it kept my color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

First time trying Wen. Have tried L'Oreals and Hair One's versions of cleansing conditioners. I still think L'Oreal's is my favorite because of how hydrating it is. This is good and I want to experiment more with it as I have done the others, which, by the way, Hair One is my least favorite of all of them. One thing I hate about this particular formula is the scent, which is like cherry cough syrup and is just atrocious. I also have the Fall Ginger Pumpkin which smells heavenly but is supposedly not as hydrating as the Fig. I shall experiment with that also and update.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by neillxoxoxo

For someone who has been co-washing for several years, this is a cleansing conditioner that I actually feel confident using. My scalp and roots feel fresh, but my hair is hydrated and soft, and my curls look amazing. This formula is definitely the best one for my hair needs, I just really wish it didn't smell like Fig.