September 30, 2014 | 1803 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Eyeliner with Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite gel liner. I'm really into tightlining these days and the gel liners work very well for me for this. But I seem to have trouble with consistency - they're either too soft (Essence) or too hard (several brands). For me Smashbox is just right - I rub my brush across the top and get just the right amount of product without having to smush it into the lid to get the clumps off or grind my brush into the product to get it on the brush. I got it in the navy color and it really makes my brown eyes pop. Even my DH mentioned it the other day! I don't have any trouble with the formula making my eyes water. I may pickup a couple more colors, and replace the problem formulas with this!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by principessa24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a fan at all. I'm a contact lens wearer, and I've found that this eyeliner flakes into my contacts in large, annoying chunks and is almost impossible to get out without ripping the lens. It's basically unwearable for me for this reason. Even if I didn't wear contacts, I would find the flaking into my eyes to be unbearably annoying. I did give it two stars instead of one because the consistency is nice and creamy, and it glides on well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by sweetasianpear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I like the brush. I am not too crazy about the actual product. I recommend slightly warming your brush before trying to put on the product - especially in the winter. Maybe it is the temp in my room, but I often ended up with a goopy mess when I don't warm it up slightly. I now use the brush for other eyeliner products.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ter456

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in charcoal along with the brush. The pot is beyond tiny and is a lot for $22.00. I could overlook that if I loved the product, but this gel eyeliner really baffled me. It was difficult to apply because it had to be layered to show up dark enough. I like some shimmer in my eyeliners, but this had too much sparkle for me. However, my biggest complaint and surprise was the amount of fallout I got. There were black flakes all over my face. I couldn't believe it! Since I bought it on ebay (it didn't look old or dried out), I couldn't return it. I thought I would save it and give it away, but then decided I wouldn't even want anyone else to have it, so I threw it away. For me, this was the worst gel eyeliner I ever tried - maybe it was a bad batch because I cannot believe anyone would like this if they tried what I had.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by deangelisv404

I am on my fourth or fifth jar of this eyeliner...and they do last quite a long time. I have been using it nearly every day, for about three years now. I have never had a problem with this eyeliner drying out on me, you just have to be sure to close the top tightly. It doesn't last on the eyes ALL day, but it lasts a good six hours or so (depends on the day, sometimes longer) before it starts to wear. Doesn't irritate my eyes either and makes them stand out beautifully. It's all I use to line my waterline.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by tinimarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought starstruck just because it was $5 at sephora, just an average gel liner. starstruck is such a pretty unique (for liner) taupey, brown with gold shimmer. I have really dark brown eyes and this color pairs so nicely with them. I probably wouldn't repurchase because their other better liners out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by sxs

I bought this to replace a Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, more or less because I could get sephora points for the smashbox version. The color (bronze) is very similar to the espresso that I had in the Bobbi Brown and it lasts on my lid MUCH longer. I wore it ALL DAY yesterday - no touch ups, no smudging. Lovely! And the pot will last forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think you have to have a pretty steady hand to work with this. I have always been fortunate with applying eyeliner with a brush so this was pretty easy. I found the lines clean when I wanted a sharp line and easily fudged when I wanted smokier. I really bought it for the inner rim of my eyelid and the first time I wore it it stayed put. I really enjoy that look. I do find however that if its warmer or I am exercising etc it will start to slide but a quick flick of the finger and its back to good. I have the black and brown and I want to try the blue. I really like it and would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by wendirr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I ordered a kit that included the brush and the black and brown waterproof eyeliners. I specifically ordered this because I wanted something that would stay put on the lower inner rim of my eye. Unfortunately, after a couple of hours, this product started disappearing and looked terrible. It seemed to work fine to smudge into my upper lashes, and the brush was fine. But if you want something for the inner rim that will stay put, this is not it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I applied this with a thin slant edged brush..very easy to apply, creamy. can be used as a regular eyeliner, or to the waterline or between your eye and your lashes if your brave enough! supposed to dry in 60 seconds...smashbox says to use brush #21 arced liner brush...I applied to waterline on one eye and below waterline on other..will see if it stays and update later! WOW! it is still on the waterline and under the waterline! I really didnt think anything would stay put without smearing over the course of the day...Removal w/ almay pads is ok just takes a little bit...which is a good thing!