October 23, 2014 | 1649 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - In A Snap

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Kris0218

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the second Orly product that I've been disappointed in. (The first being Tough Cookie.) Pros: This top coat DOES dry quickly and has a nice shine. Cons: My nails chipped within a couple days, and the bottle got thick & gloopy after only about a month. Not impressed. Zoya, OPI, Sally Hansen, etc. all make better quick-drying top coats.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by KillerTofu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this stuff. It's thin, watery, and takes aaaaaages to dry. It's a shame, because I love Orly's packaging (the rubber cap is so easy to grip), and it doesn't smell as toxic as Seche Vite, but it's just so horrible. I can't believe they call this a "quick dry" top coat. Next.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by juliacrod

I just bought this on Saturday, today is Monday & my nails are chipping so bad! I have a habit of picking when polish starts to chip & Ive noticed thin layers are peeling from my nails :(

I really like the amount of product you get & i like the glass jar & rubber handle. Fortunately, I purchased this from a warehouse so didnt pay the full price. It does leave a really nice finish, but dont think I'll buy again.

It hasnt discouraged me about the Orly brand, I'd still like to try out a few of their polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by BBFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a bottle of this about 5 years ago, and some how it got chucked to the back of my nail polish draw. I was having a clear out a few months ago and came by it. WOW! it's as thin and easy to use as it ever was! I don't know why I had not used it all up when I bought it...I do my nails in last thing at night sitting up in bed, then apply this straight away and never get bedclothes marks! I have used SV which turned thick very quickly on me, so much so that I never repurchased it. I will definitely be repurchasing this if it ever runs out!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Sydera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very goopy less than halfway through the bottle. Adjusted with polish thinner, slightly better now.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by MistyMascara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried three quick dry top coats. This is the least favorite of the three. Essie Good to Go dries semi fast and doesn't goop up towards the end, Seche Vite dries the fastest but goops up half way through the bottle, and this ORLY in a snap dries slower than both. It still dries faster than a regular top coat, but for the price, I will be going with Essie. The Orly was just tacky/sticky too long for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by heyitschloe98

A pretty good quick-dry topcoat, dries all layers of even the thickest lacquer in 10 minutes. Nice packaging, doesn't smell. Fair price for the quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this on a friend's recommendation when I complained that Sec N Dry dries almost instantly, but does not have a shiny finish. This is shinier, but takes longer to dry. I'd say probably a few minutes before it is dry to the touch. I have not noticed shrinkage, but I am still testing for that. It is fine, but nothing to write home about. Would probably not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by jedda

I don't really classify this as a "quick-drying" topcoat. It isn't as fast as Seche Vite, or Poshe, or even SH Insta-Dri. It is faster than most regular speed topcoats, but you can't just slap this on and walk out the door.

I have no shrinkage with this topcoat, and I like that it isn't as toxic as the others. It is a thinner consistancy, and very easy to spread without causing drag lines. On the other hand, I find that the thin formula soaks into glitter polishes too quickly, leaving no shiny hard topcoat!

It isn't perfect, but it is good. You get a huge bottle for a reasonable price, and it works for most everyday manicures.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Soiuxee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this top coat. It makes polishes dry very quickly and leaves a beautiful shine. Easy to apply and really does what it's supposed to do. I love Orly's generous bottles and rubberized tops as well.