September 1, 2014 | 2007 users online

Moisturizers - Cosmedicine - Medi-Matte Oil Control Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by playmate420

i really enjoy this product, i have oily skin and i have been using this as a primer before i put on my foundation. it does keep the oil under control, it also has a spf of 20 which is good for protecting your skin against wrinkles! OH! I also used this all over my face today including over the eyelid. Im wearing a cream shadow alone and my oily lids have not creased the shadow yet! soo this worked as an eyeshadow primer as well!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

TERRIBLE product. Does not live up to the claims, or the clinical studies (which the participants are very carefully selected for anyway)
I saw no long term results. I saw no immediate results. Medi Matte does not dry but remains unappealingly tacky. I am usually very greasy to start with and this did not help at all. my makeup did not last 3 hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by xsilkenmuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was part of a 30-day trial oil-control kit I bought, and I am so glad I didn't buy the full size version. Even though it's a 'lotion', I used it as a primer to minimize oil and keep makeup looking fresh longer. Consistency is so thick and it feels really heavy and gross on my face, which is weird because I'm used to applying many layers of makeup. It is very hard to evenly apply foundation after using this, and makes things look splotchy. The worst part is that even though it does immediately mattify my face and keep it shine free for a good hour or so, my face is an oil slick after a few hours with this on. Using just a regular lotion under makeup is better at keeping oils in control.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by meggemac

This is the worst oil control product I have ever tried. Luckily I only paid a quarter of the price. I have a very oily T- zone and had really high hopes for this product but I think it made my face more shiny. I didn't find the product to be glue- like at all. It absorbed well it just does not work the way it claims to!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by smntha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product at a discounted price on Hautelook.com; was glad I saved a little money but would not opt to get this again. After maybe four hours of wear, I'm looking shiny again. I wear this with some concealer and a finishing powder -- still saw some oil coming through that I thought would have been controlled a little more, so unfortunately, I'm not buying this a second time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by soverybored

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Re: Would I buy this product again? Yes...if it was on sale again.

Bought 2 tubes of the 30ml Medi-Matte Oil Control Lotion (sunscreen SPF 20) for $15 each. I had a referral discount for $10, so I felt ok paying so much for such tiny tubes of lotion. I figured if I didn't like it (even though it had very good reviews on Amazon), I could trade it.

I kind of love it. It really does matte-ify my unbelievably oily skin (thanks, thyroid and hormone problems!) I used to apply Kiehls Superfuid SPF 50, then add Makeup Forever mattifying gel and then the MF powder on top to just keep me from looking like an oil slick for a few hours. I'd end up with breakouts due to all this product.

Cosmedicine's Medi-Matte does the job of those three products with no breakouts! I wish the SPF was closer to 45, though. 20 just seems so low.

Great things about it:
1) It really does matte-ify, at least for a few hours. This? Totally awesome.
2) No smell at all. Absolutely none.

Not so great, but not bad
1) The consistency. It's a bit like thicker elmer's glue. You need to rub it in (which is good, you're working the product in and helping it absorb), but it takes a bit of time (which is bad, if you're running late.)

Bad:
1) Wow. This stuff is expensive. Honestly, if it hadn't been on sale, i would NOT have bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by tamingtinuviel

I love this mattifying lotion. I am a pro MUA and cannot be without it when doing wedding makeup for outdoor photography in humid weather - or for any client whose oil production tends to interfere with my application's staying power. I use it on bare, clean skin, only in the areas that tend toward oiliness or persperation (read: don't forget to use around the hairline!) Whichever I need to control, this lotion does a great job for me. I do find that it is necessary to use a face primer over before fdt to insure an even ftd coverage, but I never skip primer anyway. I have also thinned it out and patted it into place lightly with a brush over foundation in an emergency. YES it PERFORMS like glue, that is exactly what a truly oily person is looking for in a mattifier!!! The only product of its kind I have loved more was Clinique's Stay-Matte lotion which was discontinued years ago. :( I keep a little tube of this in my kit and won't go to a job without it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by AlexisAdella

I received this as a sample from Sephora in lil .16 oz tube. They seem to be phasing out the line so I couldn't tell you what the regular price of this was... As a mattifier I'd say this works pretty well. I feel like it's kind of thick when on my face and worry about my pores being clogged when I put on my foundation. Also when I *do* put on foundation it dries it out (whcih is to be expected of course) and makes it very hard to evenly spread my liquid/cream foundation/concealer over my face... If I was one who didn't wear foundation on the daily this would be a great go to product as it seems to control oil through *most* of the day, but being as I need foundation to be "even," I would not purchase. I'm not one to very option even use primer, so this extra step really isn't nec. for me. I would just as soon blot or use a face powder for touchups or to control shine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh if I could give this product a lower rating I would. Probably one of the worst beauty products I've ever tried. Just like every other reviewer said, the consistency is GLUE. It doesn't matter how much you apply or whether you warm it up in your hands first. It goes on sticky and tacky and makes the texture of your face horrible. I could not apply my makeup evenly at all because of how sticky my face was. It also made my face feel heavy throughout the day. And, it did absolutely nothing to control oil and shine. I didn't use it for very long, but I guess the one thing I will give it is that it did not make me break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by zoeykim18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This leaves a matte finish immediately after applying but makes my skin oily within an hour and even oilier throughout the day! So, it basically does the opposite of what it's supposed to do! And to top it all off this gave me breakouts (clogged pores & small cystic acne, which I am usually not prone to). With all face products I do the half face test, so I can say with certainty this was the culprit! I'm so disappointed b/c I was so excited to find what claimed to be such a multi-purpose product; moisturizer, primer, oil control & SPF all-in-one! It sounded perfect but unfortunately ended up being too good to be true =(