Johnson & Johnson Johnson Naturals Soothe and Protect Balm

3.3

on 3/29/2009 12:42:00 AM

After having a patch of dry skin on my face that's been diagnosed as everything from just a reaction to skin care products to a yeast infection I finally tried this stick from my son's diaper bag. Swiped a little on my finger and onto my face and almost instant relief for the spot of eczema!!!! Who knew I would develop eczema at 31! Bought one for my purse and threw away all the meds the doctors have tried and tried. This stuff is wonderful and, oddly, doesn't break out my acne-prone skin. I snap up this whenever it's on sale or i've got a coupon because it's so useful for everything . . . got a million sticks labeled for face, nails, hands, baby, etc.

on 4/13/2006 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is shit and really harsh for a 'baby' product that purports to be soothing. My daughter has a dry patch on the side of her nose that is aggravated by extremes in temperatures and dryness. Well, what is normally under control was totally exacerbated by this balm. The patch became red and angry and it literally took days of applying Vaseline to heal it.

I found this in the baby section of Target. It runs for about $4 and is supposed to go over dry spots on babies.

It looks like a mini-deodorant case and smells like cherries. I like the fragrance although I would never use products with fragrance on babies.

It lists mineral oil as an ingredient, which many people are afraid of. However, cosmetic-grade mineral oil is a great emollient and won't clog pores unless your skin is really sensitive.

You can glide this over dry cheeks, lips, or other dry skin. The scent is a little overpowering at times and I won't recommend it for babies but it's a fun thing. continued >>

Popular Body Skincare Products