August 1, 2014 | 1680 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Alison1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love all things clarins and I'm the first to give a positive review but really didn't like this primer. Once my foundation was on ( which was clarins foundation also) my nose and chin foundation slipped off. Looked awful. Love clarins but won't be buying this I'm afraid! I would advise anyone to ask to try before buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by BLAST311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this primer to blur my pores, and it works really well. It has a thick texture, so I use it only on the pores area. For the rest of my face I use a lighter primer of other brand.
At first, I used to put my regular primer all over my face, and then the Clarins primer on my pores. But it didn't work well. My liquid foundation didn't blend very well, and my cheeks looked cakey. After a few times I changed the order: First I apply the Clarins primer, and then my regular primer. Now it works really amazing.
This is a good primer for covering pores and wrinkles only! but you'll have to find the best way to use it yourself. I think that with powder foundations it's ok to use this primer alone, but with liquid foundations it's necessary to put a light primer over the clarins primer, otherwise it won't blend well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by sjwbrown

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been buying this for years - it really works for under eyes! It doesn't seem to work anywhere else though, and I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sorcha7420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Clarins but found this hard to love. I didn't like the fiddly spatula and didn't want to put my fingers in the little pot over and over either, so it was hard to get the right amount of product. It seemed to work fine but no better than any other primer I have used. Disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by uxi

An excellent primer for blurring pores/deep acne scars. Has a thick texture with a slightly oily touch. This may cause a problem if you don't buff well enough when using a liquid foundation. Powder foundations however work very well if you apply it in a dabbing/pressing motion.
Comes in an oval container that is not the most hygienic packaging. I do not mind since I always wash my hands and keep my application area/products clean.
Quite pricey since it is Clarins, but I will purchase again if the supposed dupe Garnier's Perfect Blur 5 seconds does not work.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

There was so much hype surrounding this product that a combination-skin gal like me fell for it right away.
I thought it would be perfect to cover my pores and refine the skin's grain... but no.
It works well for about half an hour, then it just kind of melts on your face.
I've been using Clinique's Pore Minimizer (now called Pore Refining Solutions) primer for all my life and I think it does a MUCH better job than the Clarins one (it's also cheaper).
I was so dissapointed with this product, especially consider the price for such a tiny pot!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The key with this product use it sparingly!
I use Mally primer all over face, a lil bit of this for underneath the eyes, and Benefit Porefessional patted on my nose (I have a lot of pores)
I cannot stress enough that all you need is a tiny bit and it blends out concealer very nicely. Would not be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by kellyjo7727

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best primer ever, after working all day in my restaurant my face looks smooth and is smooth and makeup is in place. Thanks clarins please don't stop making this...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

This product didn't quite work for me. I tried and tried and failed and failed. After applying the product followed with a foundation my skin got very greasy and shiny in a few hours. Maybe it is because I am using water based foundations, and they are not a good match for this silicone based product. I might try and use the base with a different type of foundation, or avoid applying onto the whole face, and just touch up the areas with imperfections and fine lines.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product dates from my days as a Clarins SA but has stayed with me. Ironically, I hate an overly made up look (on me! I love the eyes some of you gals do!), but this extra step makes my 'look' happen.

At Clarins, they suggest this as a primer. After moisturizer, before foundation. To that end, this is a little red pot for $27 CAD. The product is a siliconey pink paste with very little smell. It glides on with your fingertips and the less you use the better. Heavily applied it can ball up when you layer your makeup on. It was one of our most popular products and I frequently had customers return to rave about the lasting power of their makeup. I always recommended it to brides, or anyone who likes full maquillage. Used regularly, it should last about 3 months. Any more than that and you may be putting too much on. I have had pots hang around for a year with no noticeable change in the product, but 12 months should be the max.

Now my secret. I have terrible skin; acne scars, freckles, sun spots. And foundation always looks cakey and fake on me. Even my free Clarins foundations, colour matched by the company. But I was working at Clarins and needed to look 'done' - sigh, the tough life of an SA. My routine was moisturizer (Clarins Face sunscreen SPF 30, let sink in for 5 min), this primer, then blush/powder/concealer. And I constantly got complimented on my skin. I would happily sell them the foundation they thought I was wearing - that was my job - but I was rocking this primer and some powder products.

Now, years later, my routine has changed a bit. Sunscreen and primer for day. If I am not working, that is it for makeup. This mattifies, smooths and makes my skin look healthy without looking made up. It takes the shiny and white out of my sunscreen. If I am working, I add the powder/blush and it lasts all day. And my days can be crazy long.

Yes, it is expensive. I have tried the L'Oreal version (too spongy and balled up on me), and Lancome (too pink) and keep coming back to Clarins. It does have silicones. I am acne prone but this doesn't break me out.

Secret: I know this isn't it's purpose but...I use this as an extra layer when I am outside in rough weather. Both in my military life and civvie side, I add this over sunscreen to buffer the wind if I'm going to be outside all day. It seems to work and keep my skin a little less raw...

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No