September 2, 2014 | 1628 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Elta Melting Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by KimD507

Just tossed after 2 uses
never broke out from anything so fast (bumps over night in areas I only used htis porduct)
Heard it is a lifesaver for some, obviously for me it did not work!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I believe this is the same thing as Elta MD intense, which is highly recommended on the skincare forum here. First of all, Canadians, this is at Shoppers in the pharmacy section. They had to look it up in their computer system to locate it, it was not in the usual skincare section. Second, this would be a great product to put on top of your winter moisturizer, in case you were going skiing or snow shoveling, etc. I like it as a lip balm! I've been using this for about 2 weeks now, and found it broke me out badly if used on top of wet or damp skin. I got pretty painful pimples. I tried it with plain water, rosewater, and a facial mist. It felt greasy and disgusting too, though I use the smallest dab. That was for the first couple of days. Then I began using this to 'top up' my moisturiser. So: serum, facial mist, moisturizer, Elta melting cream. That has been working well (no breakouts). Still, I don't see enough of a difference to warrant adding this in my routine. I have dry skin, and have found this makes a mediocre hand, foot, or neck cream, but for the face, it is just so-so. It's not a necessity, I didn't find it to moisturize at all, facial oils do a better job, and have the added benefit of not clogging my pores. Three stars; may work for others, it may come in useful in future, I will keep it on hand, but will NOT use on a daily basis, as I have been so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by AuntJackie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is recommended to me by my dermatologist who told me it was her favorite cream ever for people with rosacea, dry and acne prone skin. It's free of chemicals that dry out your skin even further and bring on breakouts. However I found it to be pretty much nothing. I didn't feel my skin was very moisturized. If anything my skin just felt kind of greasy and that was about it. I didn't feel like it melted into my skin to make it feel healthy and nourished in anyway so I don't think I will buy again. I mean, Vaseline does a better job of moisturizing my skin and it cost three dollars. This cream cost me about $15 and it wasn't worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by amblando

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes, it does melt, and it dries on the skin quickly. Is softening, I think. And maybe I'm a jerk for writing this review after knowingly putting a product with awful ingredients on my body. So fine. Two lippies. But man oh man, the coconut oil in this product broke me out in little red bumps all over. Also, petroleum and mineral oil? Really? Awful stuff to put on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by BombshellChic

This skin creme is the absolute most hydrating lotion I've used on dry patches of skin. Where other expensive moisturizers have failed, this one (my jar was 20-ish) really does the trick. Yes - it has a greasy consistency but it does dry down and is waterproof so you can put it on your hands, elbows, etc. At night I use it on my feet and ankles and then put on white cotton socks - I wake up with reallllly soft feet. I highly recommend this for anyone who hasn't been able to find a moisturizing product (not for face, but anywhere else) that satisfies them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by marrisa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This winter dryness is giving the skin on my Sahara desert prune-like qualities with flaky skin all over my face. I found this is my cabinet and remember buying it because it said something like melting on contact. Anyway, I've been slathering this on my skin for the last few days and it has made a huge difference in the appearance of my skin. It was very shiny when I first put it on and it does melt on contact with your skin. It does get absorbed evntually. It says on the package something about if it doesn't get absorbed in a few minutes, use less product the next time.I still have a tiny spot flaky skin around my lips, but the rest of my skin looks so much plumper and feels so much better. I use Countess Isserlyn makeup and it looks great over this moisturizer. I am considering this to be a skin saving product for me this winter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was on sale for 69 cents. I think this stuff was created for Eskimos or Vikings, because it's so dang thick and greasy and heavy duty. It's very difficult to squeeze out of the tube because it's so thick, and when it goes on your skin is so shiny and don't even try to twist a doorknob. If you have super dry skin and/or live in a windy icy environment, this stuff is for you. I have dry hands but this is too hardcore for me. Maybe I will try a dab on my hair and see if it makes a good conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it, love it, love it!! Melts on contact, soaks into your skin, very emollient but doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts. I'm so dry that I actually use this on top of other moisturizers when I have dry spots on my cheeks and throat. It's very gentle -- no reactions whatsoever, and it's good on the whole body too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Simple, basic, cheap, and it WORKS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2006 3:43:00 AM More reviews by sandrabati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is bordering on miraculous. My skin was totally dried out from a cleanser and this took care of it overnight. For sensitive skin, this is terrific because it has no fragrance and only 3 ingredients. I use this on dry spots on my face and body and it works using such a tiny amount (e.g. a pea-sized amount is much more than enough for your face and neck). Packaging is a convenient tube and price was also reasonable for the amount.