April 21, 2014 | 1017 users online

Highlighters - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Pump Glo - Starlight Shimmer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ckgurl714

For the price and everything, this product is decent. The color looks gorgeous in the package, but like a previous reviewer mentioned, on it's basically just a shimmer. It's pretty subtle, but I still prefer more glowy looking products (like maybelline cool effects blush, for me), this is more obvious, imo. the good thing is that it only looks obvious if you're really close up, otherwise it's very natural looking. I wanted to mix a highlighter with foundation, but I just find that I can't do that with this. I will keep my tube and use it for going out, but I will not repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 7:32:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For color in the package, I'd rate this a 5- it's a shimmery copper-rose, but not a real deep tone, so looks very wearable by the ppp. The applicator dispenses in one volume only- waay more than you need for your face, especially if you only want to spot highlight. The smell is funky, and I could still smell it for the 5 min I let it stay on before washing it off. It made my skin feel coated and slightly itchy, and besides there was practically no discernable color payoff- just a vauge gold sparkly effect. I have had great luck with WnW lately, but this one's a dud for me. (I like their allover highlighter powder compact better- tho it's a totally different color effect.)It certainly is a very cheap experiment to see if it works for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2006 12:06:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I like these new highlighters from Wet'n'Wild. I wasn't fond of the strange, Crisco-like texture of the Mega Glo Face Illuminator stuff. There are a couple of different shades. This one is a slightly peachy-toned pink that adds just the tiniest hint of color and a bit of a pearly sheen (the shimmers are pretty fine but are definitely, individually obvious under bright lights). It's quite pretty and I haven't seen any drugstore products quite like it. The packaging (slim pump-style tube) is attractive and compact, but the pump mechanism is a bit too strong and too much product squirts out, even if you're being extremely careful. I guess it's no big loss since these cost like, four bucks each. Would repurchase.