September 2, 2014 | 1945 users online

Powder - Colorescience - Colorescience Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by skintherap

The Colorescience Foundation Powder is, simply put, heavenly. A terrific addition to anyone's makeup collection. I'm so glad to have found this product from working at a wonderful spa, Skin Thera P in New York City. Here, we have a huge range of Colorescience's products, and I was fortunate enough to have tried out this powder. If you need something that's lightweight yet gives you coverage, then this is the product for you. This powder leaves the skin looking fresh, smooth, and blemish-free, without having to cake on a ton of concealer or liquid foundation. What I love so much about Colorescience is that they really care about protecting the skin from the sun and making it look its best while doing so. Here at Skin Thera P, customers are always purchasing these powder foundations, and that's what led me to try it out. I'm definitely impressed, and I'm glad that I did. I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Makeupandbeautynews

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it gives me smooth skin, great coverage and beautiful glow. To get more coverage all you have to do is to keep going in circles and it will cover all blemishes, dark spots, etc. If you have too many wrinkles - dont use it, or apply thick moisturizer under it. it has spf 20, made of minerals only, I love the brush built in, but hate how it cloggs sometimes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample in the medium shade. Using brushes that I have used with other mineral makeup, I found that the coverage was poor, the finish too powdery. Expensive product and nothing special about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way to expensive to do so little. Purchased this with wild to mild so that I would look polished and flawless, because that's what I do. If a foundation can do its job, you really should not need a primer with it. Except for lasting power and mattifying effects. The powder was no better or worse than BE minerals or any other mineral foundations out there (and I've tried them all and was a member of their forum) that I no longer care for (too drying over time). It feels good on the skin but it did not have that glow of BE. And I found the powder alone work and look better without the primer. I have to give up on this line although it comes highly recommended by people in the business.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Scarlet1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation in pressed powder form called Not To Deep and I was so damn impressed with it. It matched my med/light tan skin perfectly and looked so amazing....even in pictures. Incredible stuff. Melts into skin. I noticed that this product got low reviews but after reading them I noticed that a few of the reviewers who loved it didn't rate it correctly. Love this stuff. Can't say enough about it. Great coverage, color range, and healthy looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lately I have been having trouble finding a good foundation. The old standbys I always gone to such as Everyday Minerals seem to have changed formulation for the worse and I was running out of stuff to try. When the doctor at the medspa I go to recommended this, I was skeptical since BE broke me out so bad it was tragic (and this company was started by a former founder of BE) but decided to give it a try anyway. SURPRISE! I actually like it. It's easy and convenient to use, so it can be reapplied frequently to get the max sun protection from it. It does not break me out or worsen irritation caused by the prescription acne prevention products I use. The color choices are also pretty good too and I was able to find a decent match. The only cons I can see is that it's expensive $60-65 everywhere it's sold including the internet and the amount you get is small for the price. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jgcoolidge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been on a terrible foundation binge and it seems like I've tried everything latel including hourglass, dior, lancome and laura mercier. and My skin has been sensitized and most makeup leaves me peeling and red. This foundation actually feels good. It covers the redness and also sunspots. You can layer over skin defects without appearing too makeupy. The color, not too deep looks great on my medium/slightly tan skin. I swear I look ten years younger but not fake. This is amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by marcus123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After I got a facial from my gym, the Esticain raved about the Colorscience foundation.

I really love Bare Essantials and am not sure why I even botherd to buy a new new foundation. I really have no issues with BE.

I bought the Primer Wild to Mild with California Girl powder. I was not impressed. The Primer was greasy and did not really do a great job covering up redness. I was told to use the Primer for more coverage with the Poweder.

The Power was boring and did not look like I had make-up one. I love the coverage and how simple BE is.

The two steps , the Primer and Powder is not something I want to do in the am.

I felt that my face looked very plain and simple. The Primer left my face feeling greesy and shinny.

I perfer a more finished look. I think Colorsciene products are great for sun protection and should not be marketed as a make-up line.

The price is almost a $100 for the Primer and Power Foundation. For $100 I would go to Nordstroms and buy Dior or Chanel Foundation.

BE cost $26 and I could not be more pleased. Also, the brush on the Powder is not great. It gets stuck and does not release a lot of powder.

I did go back to my spa and they were kind enough to exchange this make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by kjjamm808

LOVE this product. I have tried all of the mineral foundations and this is the best one for me- combo skin, sensitive prone to breakouts. I use the color Perfekt and it matches my skin beautifully. Gives a natural glow and keeps skin fresh looking without clogging or irritation. Like this much more than the loose powder version which I did not care for at all....5 LIPPIES!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by babydoll67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to work in a spa that sold this crap. I got a discount and bought the Pass the Butter foundation. For the price, I expected much better. The brush is of such crap quality and is too small. I had to unscrew the top and tap the product out on a small saucer and use another brush. That was just not acceptable for what I spent. I looked like I was wearing funeral home makeup. I wouldn't use Colorescience if it was free.