November 25, 2014 | 1753 users online

Lip Treatments - Mary Kay - Timewise Age Fighting Lip Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by tinydancer822003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a lip primer for lipstick to last longer and bought this one because of the positive reviews from Makeupalley. The original price was too expensive for me but I bought it on a discount.
The primer is in a slim lipstick tube. The consistency is like wax. It is neither moisturizing nor made my lips slide easily when rubbed together. When I wear it under lipstick, it makes your lip creases more prominent. So it does not look like smooth lips. If you rub your lips, the lip product rubs off into a residue that resembles that pencil eraser on paper. Your lipstick will look better if you apply it without this primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Cherishedadvice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought it on ebay and I love it! It keeps my Mac lipstick on all day. Mary Kay makes the best primers for everything though: face, eyes and lips. I am so glad I purchased this! This will make my lipsticks last much longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Mistyswoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ever since I was young, I have had a problem with lipstick bleeding. It looks just awful.

I read some reviews of this lip primer and thought I'd give it a go.

I bought some from Ebay (not that expensive - about £7 inc P&P) and used it for the first time with some Avon lipstick which I knew would bleed.

I applied a light coat of the product, which comes in a thin tube - you twist the base and the product comes up, a bit like a lipstick. It's white in the pack but goes on as a colourless cream.

I then put on my lipstick as normal, not expecting to see anything miraculous - and I was right. Nothing miraculous happened.

But the lipstick stayed on my lips where it should be, instead of bleeding out in lines AROUND my lips.

This does not improve the longevity of the lipstick, really, so I found I had to reapply (the lipstick) as usual - but I don't care about that!

The format feels slightly greasy; I am not sure that this is ideal if you use lipsticks which are supposed to last 8 hours, or whatever. I think that this would alter the constitution of the lipstick sufficiently so that it would need re-touching. This is just me hazarding an opinion, though, as I don't use that sort of lipstick as I find them very drying.

Definitely worth the money - and I've ordered another two.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by dazydeadpetals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate reapplying lipstick, so I'm a huge fan of lip stains. Since I have pretty dry lips I would always end up applying balm or vaseline over my stains, so they would really only last until I ate something and then be mostly gone. A friend of mine hosted a MK party and I ended up purchasing the True Dimensions lipstick in Wild About Pink because I loved the color and it was creamy and pretty moisturizing for a lipstick. After the party, I decided to buy this primer to see if it would make the lipstick last longer. I'm very happy that I did. I apply a layer of the primer on and around my lips, wait about a minute and then apply a thin to moderate layer of the lipstick. I apply lip balm as needed over that. It doesn't feather and it lasts at least as long as my stains. If I apply the primer and lipstick in the morning, almost all of the color is still there after eating lunch. Without the primer I always eat off all traces of lipstick. I'm sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by klandon61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff. Lipstick is much easier to apply neatly and lasts longer. No more bleeding around the edges.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by aber19

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What an excellent product, I have used it on really cheap lipstick, whereby I can drink a cup of coffee without any lipstick stain on the cup. While, it can be a bit drying, I would advise one to use some lip balm first. My lipstick is a cheap one that lasts no longer than 1 hour, so far, I have still have my lipstick on without any fading, feathering or bleeding, and it has lasted for over 4 hours amazing product!!!! It was reasonable priced on ebay for about $15.00 including postage. I will stocking up on this product, because it really good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I dont think I would buy this product again. I dont think it really made a difference with how my lip products wear. I usually wear gloss and I didnt notice any wow factor that my glosS stayed longer than usual or what. I also tend to have dry flaky lip issues no matter the season and this didnt do much to make it better. Expensive & didnt do much of anything for me. :-/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about a month now. I have used Urban Decay and Smashbox's lip primer. All three are about similar in price, but different in results. Of the three, I really like Mary Kay's. Although these types of products are not meant to make your lipstick stay on permanently, this is just supposed to make it last longer than usual.

On that note, Mary Kay's lip primer creates for a great base and application for lip products. It's a plus that it has antiaging benefits. Ultima II used to make a product like this that I used to use in high school, but they have since discontinued it as far as I know. This product reminds me of it. It is pricey, but I also don't wear lipstick everyday. When I do use it, I normally use it with red lipsticks since those tend to bleed more often than others. Overall, I will definitely continue using this product especially now that I've found a wonderful Mary Kay representative.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by helenharrell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the worst time with my lipstick feathering and bleeding into little lines all over my mouth, it looks terrible.

This product is the ONLY thing that I slick over my lips and my lipstick does not move at ALL unless I wipe it off. Well worth the price. I had to stop wearing any lipstick with any kind of redness in it. It had to be pale pink or pale peach. Not anymore, I can wear dark reds and cinnamons and it doesn't budge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was devoted to the Triple Action Lip Enhancer and when they discontinued it several years ago, I ran around and tried every anti-feathering product out there, but nothing worked as well as the TALE (this wasn't available at the time). So I bought several TALE's online and had been using them sparingly, because I have a terrible time with feathering (my skin is very dry), and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to wear lipstick once I ran out. Then I read suziecutie's review (she also had used the TALE) and decided to spend the $25 to see if it worked. I am so pleased! I love it and I think I love it even more than the original, mostly because the application is so much easier. I apply it on my lips and around them, let it dry and set for a few minutes and then apply my lipstick. No feathering at all. My lipstick definitely lasts longer than without this, plus, it seems to help my lipstick stay more true as it fades. I do think the price is a little steep, but for me, it's worth every penny. I love that it doesn't have any scent, the application is easy, and my lips look great. I don't know if it will deliver any improvement to my lip area (the old formula didn't), but that's not the reason I use it. By far, the only anti-feathering product out there, that delivers.