November 23, 2014 | 2055 users online

Liquid - Almay - Wake Up Call Energizing Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Lily212

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am surprised by the negative reviews but i do think the name is poor. This foundation has been my holy grail for the last year and a half. People constantly comment on how lovely my skin looks! This gives me light to medium dewey coverage and no break outs on my dry, sensitive, 50 year old aging skin. Amazing! In the last few months I have been on a mission to rid my skin care of chemicals. This rates a 5 on EWG's Skin Deep site (so sad!) and I've been desperately searching for a replacement...haven't found one yet. I use "neutral" on my medium skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this foundation was just okay. It's not horrible, but it's not great either. It's good if you just want light coverage. But if you're wanting more coverage then don't buy this because it will not give you that. It feels a little bit greasy, but it isn't too bad. I didn't like the way it felt on my skin overall, but some people may like it. It just didn't seem to do anything at all for me. Bottom line, I wouldn't buy this again, or recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by AbbeyMarjorie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand why this foundation has such a bad rating! This was my first Almay foundation and I honestly can't think of switching to any other product. I got it in Ivory (the lightest shade) and I am blown away by how nicely it blends into my skin. I think the key to this foundation is to use a primer. I tried it once without primer and it was patchy and icky looking. Tried again with primer and voila, it was basically an air-brushed effect. It makes my skin look soft and alive. The little sparkles in it are extremely tiny, I probably wouldn't have noticed them if I didn't know they were there. The pump is really convenient and I haven't had any mechanical issues with it. The only thing that sort of bothers me is the scent. It fades in a few minutes, but it's a fairly strong plastic-y scent. Another thing I noticed was that after touching my face, my hands get covered in sparkles. The foundation itself stays on, but the little sparkles fall off.
I found that using a foundation brush to apply it is the best way.
At the Meijer where I bought it, it was $10.97. For an unemployed high schooler, that is sort of expensive. But really it isn't that pricey and generally accessible by many people.
So this foundation is really amazing if you use primer & use a foundation brush!
Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by lsanborn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have eczema and sensitive skin. I've tried SO many different foundations (both liquid and powder). I have to say that this one is the best I've tried so far. It is hypoallergenic and oil-free which I like. It goes on well, and immediately my skin feels hydrated (no tightness and burning)! It hasn't irritated my skin so far, and I hope it continues not to. I love that it has SPF 20, and the colour selections this range comes in. It matches my skin perfectly as far as colour goes, and gives me a uniform skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by shyaa

The shade I got matched my skin PERFECTLY; however, this product provided absolutely no coverage even when I tried to build it. It seems to be very watery so it does not blend well. I do not recommend this product especially if you have blemishes or problem areas.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by oliviahenigman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE the wake up hydrating loose powder by Almay, so when they came out with a liquid foundation to go with it, I just had to get it! I have to say, I was really disappointed. The foundation is really watery and offers little coverage if any at all. It's also really hard to blend and doesn't look natural on my skin. It's certainly not hydrating like the powder. It actually DRIES my skin. I won't be buying this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by nicoleolovesyou

This is officially the WORST foundation I have ever tried. And, trust me, I've tried A LOT.
First Impression- I loved that there was a pump, I really wanted a pump foundation after using squeeze tube foundations, and I loved that there was SPF 20. PLUS, an energizing makeup for summer I was so ready to buy this and try it out. I thought this would be my new HG and replace my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, boy was I wrong.
First Application- I was so eager to try this I pumped it on my hand and home and tried getting an idea of the consistency. Then it smelled really nasty, like dirt. I thought I accidentally touched my mud mask which smells like that so I washed my hands and face and tried applying to my face. As soon as I put it on I got a whiff of dirt it was so disgusting. It literally smells like dirt! And it blotched up on my face after about a minute of applying then I noticed tons and I mean TONS of sparkles! Sparkles, and glitter. Honestly? I was experiencing the worst foundation of my life on less than 15 minutes of purchase.

PROS:
has a pump
spy 20

CONS:
Smells horrible
Sparkles/glitter in the foundation
Way to pricy, not even worth 10¢
Over all: Horrible foundation. NEVER, EVER, EVER WASTE YOUR MONEY
ON THIS!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by vintagezombie

This product was so awful. When I put it on and tried to blend it with my fingers it looked like dead skin was coming off my face, tons of it. At first I thought this might be the case, but every time I used it I had little bits of stuff coming off on my fingers and face. It was too thick but gave too little coverage. My face looked even more blotchy after putting it on. I would not recomend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Dolce7vita

Normally I love any Almay product, but this stuff was awful. It smelled gross, and on top of that, made me break out!!! Beware...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2006 6:17:00 PM More reviews by benandjerrys

This was one of the first foundations I tried. I haven't been able to find it again. It's the only foundation that has ever matched my skin perfectly. I loved it, because I got better skin and no one knew I was wearing makeup.