Dr. Bronner's Baby-Mild Unscented Liquid Soap

4.1

Not tested on animals

water, saponified organic coconut and organic olive oils (with retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, citric acid, vitamin e. (9.14.09)

on 4/12/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The pH is 11. If the pH of water is 7.0 and you dilute this soap it still does not make it the appropriate 4.5-5.5 for facial skin. I'm sorry folks, you're destroying your skin by using this.

on 3/5/2015 1:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE this liquid soap! I use it to handwash my delicates, silks and sweaters (diluted of course) as well as my makeup brushes and sponges. One large bottle lasts forever. You can pretty much use it for everything around the house - dishes, cleaning the bathroom/tub, bodywash, etc. I love the scent of the Peppermint liquid soap but the oils can strip dyes in clothes, so Baby Mild is my favorite for being the most versatile.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wrote a review for the peppermint Dr. Bronner's recently on how great it was, but this stuff I LOVE to wash my face with. I don't know what the ladies below me are using but this is not harsh to my very easily reddened face.

TIP: I mix a little bit of this with a few drops of jojoba oil to wash my face, so maybe that's why I don't find it quite as drying. This combination has worked great for my skin (combined with my konjac sponge), it foams and cleans just as well as many high end organic cleansers. I don't mind the absent fragrance because to moisturize I use the Living Libations Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever oil, and if you have ever used that, you will know it has a wonderful essential oil fragrance.

Very reasonable price for such a great versatile product, I bought a 4oz bottle for $5 and it should last me a while.

on 12/19/2014 10:29:00 PM

what what waaaaat! I do not understand this soap at all. Its terrible! I attempted making a natural DIY cleanser using this and water, I used 3/4 cup water with 1 Tbsp of this soap and put it into a foam dispenser container...I first used it on my hands to give it a try and it made my hands feel disgusting. They felt dry and unclean and it was terrible, there was no way I would put this on my face! It left a film on my hands that I couldnt rinse off so I had to wash them again with dawn dish soap. This is very harsh, I do not understand the hype at all, how are people using this on their face??? Im so sad because I really wanted it to work out since its made of oils I thought it would be a very healthy alternative. : / darn

on 11/20/2014 2:46:00 AM

You must be kidding me! This soap is cr@p! I wouldn't use this on a baby!! It dried my skin so badly, even on my body. How can you use this on a Baby??? What a load of cr@p saying is gentle. I used it based on the reviews and also based on Lisa Bronner Sheet Dilution for Dr. Bronner 's Soaps. Horrible.

I use this to wash my brushes. I picked up the unscented version to be safe as fragrance can sometime irritate my sensitive skin. It does a great job at getting all the makeup out of my brushes every week and is gentle on some of my cheaper brushes that are prone to shedding.

I had no idea where to find this in Australia and then one day came across it randomly in David Jones for a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. It's all I'll use to wash my brushes from now on.

on 9/25/2014 1:10:00 AM

I started using this to clean my make-up brushes. I take a squirt about 1-2 teaspoons into a plastic bowl and add warm water. I swizzle and swirl my brushes through the mixture and then rub over my palm to really foam up the bristles. I then take and squeeze out the foam and rinse. I will do each brush a few times, until the foam is totally free of any make-up residue. If the mixture will not totally release all the make-up, I will run the bristles over a bar of solid Beauty Blender soap one time and this will get any residual make-up left in the brush.

I had been using just my Beauty Blender soap but found I was burning through the bars pretty fast. At $15.95 per bar, this was adding up. I always have Dr. Bronner's All-in-One Castille Soap around my bathroom so I decided to try it, so glad I did! I still use the BB solid when there is deeply imbedded make-up that just doesn't want to release, but doubling it up with Castille soap has greatly reduced my usage and has saved me quite a bit of money.

Dr. Bronner's is available at Target, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe and most grocery stores. I think I paid $9.99 for a 16 oz bottle at my local HEB, well worth the price and since a little goes a long way, a bottle this size will last forever!

on 6/23/2014 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've heard good things about castile soap is as a natural cleanser. I prefer using natural cleansers since I use a lot treatments on my skin. This is very liquify so you only need to use about 5 - 7 drops in your hands. It foams up nicely. Though this soap has oils in it I still find it very drying for my skin and it can be harsh too. I had some scars and irritation on my skin and the cleanser made it really sting. If you get it into your eyes it definitely burns. I wouldn't say this is gentle at all.

on 5/7/2014 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Tried this after reading reviews as I was looking for something mild and organic with thorough cleansing capabilities- instant hit. Been using for over 6 months now. I use this on face and body, itseven gentle enough for use on intimate areas too I found- no burning! The other scents available are a bit much for me from what i've sampled so I'm happy to have bought this mild version full size. Very potent with good lather, a little goes a long way on the face especially. Leaves skin smooth and clean and I got nearly a litre of product for under 10 which should last ages. I've paid faaaaar more than that for cleansers that failed to perform half as well for less than half as much product in my time. Overall very satisfied and have converted family members by using this too.
PS. This also cleans make-up brushes really well

Excellent product. Pure ingredients (organic, natural). Multi-purpose uses with almost unlimited possibilities. Not to mentnion the packaging provides hours of entertainment (toss out the magazines and paperbacks from your bathroom - a bottle of this would suffice!). Great, great product. And wonderfully priced too, if you take into consideration that the ingredients are the real deal.