September 18, 2014 | 952 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Baby-Mild Unscented Liquid Soap

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard good things about castile soap is as a natural cleanser. I prefer using natural cleansers since I use a lot treatments on my skin. This is very liquify so you only need to use about 5 - 7 drops in your hands. It foams up nicely. Though this soap has oils in it I still find it very drying for my skin and it can be harsh too. I had some scars and irritation on my skin and the cleanser made it really sting. If you get it into your eyes it definitely burns. I wouldn't say this is gentle at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this after reading reviews as I was looking for something mild and organic with thorough cleansing capabilities- instant hit. Been using for over 6 months now. I use this on face and body, itseven gentle enough for use on intimate areas too I found- no burning! The other scents available are a bit much for me from what i've sampled so I'm happy to have bought this mild version full size. Very potent with good lather, a little goes a long way on the face especially. Leaves skin smooth and clean and I got nearly a litre of product for under 10 which should last ages. I've paid faaaaar more than that for cleansers that failed to perform half as well for less than half as much product in my time. Overall very satisfied and have converted family members by using this too.
PS. This also cleans make-up brushes really well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by TheresaDiMoan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent product. Pure ingredients (organic, natural). Multi-purpose uses with almost unlimited possibilities. Not to mentnion the packaging provides hours of entertainment (toss out the magazines and paperbacks from your bathroom - a bottle of this would suffice!). Great, great product. And wonderfully priced too, if you take into consideration that the ingredients are the real deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Magma94

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I has some surgery a month ago and needed to find some soap that had NO fragrance, was natural and, if possible, organic. I had been using another brand of organic liquid soap which was scented and far pricier.

I decided to give the Dr Bronners Unscented (baby) liquid AND bar soap a try.
VERY HAPPY I DID.
I actually think I prefer the bar soap better than the liquid for body care.

The lather is great, the smell (no smell) is fantastic, and the price is good.
I have had to use this about 2-3 x a day for the past month as I said per some surgery, and it is gentle. And super gentle on intimate regions.
I even use this to shave with instead of shave creams and it lathers wonderfully well.

I had a boyfriend ask me how in the world I keep my skin so soft - and it is just due to this new introduction to my routine. I can't stop touching myself either...lol....super, super soft skin. The essential oils in it help moisturize also, but I do have to add moisturizer to my legs after shaving with it.

I also use this on my face but not on my eyes. It leaves the eye area too dry.
I use oils to clean off eye makeup (jojoba, grapeseed).

One bar will last me a week, 2 -3 times a day in the shower and used as shave cream also.
Well worth the price.

Paper wrapping is recycled.

Overall, I can see this being my staple forever.
Highly recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

didn't like it all. i diluted it (200 ml water + 1 tsp soap and then i tried 30% soap and 70% water). and even after diluting it, it had a weird feeling to it. it feels clean, but also feels very dry and itchy. something not natural and something that surely didn't feel good on my skin. it actually felt really cheap. had to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Hotpookas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thank you people for informing me about doc b. I just can't figure out why anyone still buys other stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I absolutely love Dr. Bronner's products. I can clean my grandchild and my house with it and no harsh chemicals to worry about. My granddaughter has extremely sensitive skin and this gets her clean and keeps her rash free. Plus I love reading the bottles lol I love to clean my floors, walls, etc. with the lavender as it makes my house smell yummy! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this for cleaning, laundry, as a body wash, tooth paste, and shampoo. I wanted try out the various suggested uses and have found that it is an excellent shampoo. Gets my hair so clean and leaves it so fresh. I have been using it for about four years now. My hair is so healthy and I think it's because I don't use shampoos with chemicals anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Bebe1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Funny enough nowadays it's so hard to get a necessity such as plain liquid soap in the supermarket, everything else has SLS, colouring, artificial fragrance, you name it. So, if you want to really go back to basics, this is it. In less dry weather, I use it allover including my face. A little goes a long way. It is unscented which I always love, because it allows me to add natural scented oils to it should I wish. Also comes in travel size, so when I travel, this becomes shampoo, body wash, face wash, laundry soap. And if you are fussy and don't like the soap in public toilets, just keep a small bottle in your handbag. A bit harsh for winter if you have very dry/sensitive skin, and pricey!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Magdusia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite soap! It leaves my skin clean, but not dry. The ingredient list is quite basic and carries a relatively good safety profile compared to mainstream liquid soap, which is a huge bonus (no triclosan!). I also find fragrance unnecessary in most products, so this unscented option is the cherry on top of the sundae. I've used it only as a hand soap and body wash so far, but it's well worth it for those uses alone! And the price is quite reasonable considering how little of the product you need to create a good lather.