October 2, 2014 | 1063 users online

Hair - L'Oreal - Studioline Hot Spring Heat-Activated Curling Spray

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by alexlovesmakeupfun

this is love,end of story.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by susu42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine gave me this to try and i must say even though it has a high alcohol content it gives me nice curls when i use my curling iron and they held up through a night of partying so its a good product but not for everyday use for personally i would end up with brillo for hair

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2009 5:11:00 AM More reviews by softfacekitty

This stuff is basically hair spray. Doesn't protect my hair from the heat nor does it activate curls with curling iron. What it does: weighs down my hair, crunches my hair, and makes it look dull and fried. I bought it before reading the reviews.. shame on me. Needless to say, i returned it and purchased Tresemme Thermal Creations Curl Activator based on the reviews here. And that i'm pleased with! it actually does what it claims to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by calisparkle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has a great smell and medium hold. I use it as a general hairspray, not just when I curl my hair (I have straight/wavy hair) because it smells really good and it is a spray rather than an aerosol.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2006 4:25:00 PM More reviews by kriztene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't find this product very good, my hair is so straight and doesnt hold curl very well. I dont find this helps it hold curl much better. It makes it kinda stiff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2006 5:32:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have long, thick stick-straight hair that's impossible to curl. I've tried all kinds of products to help create natural-looking curls that last all day. Gel-sprays tend to hold the curl, but leave my hair sticky, crunchy and lifeless (+smell horrible).

I don't usually use drugstore products, but I'm so glad I decided to try this one! I've been using it with hot rollers. I start by spraying a small section with a few sprays and spread with comb. After that I set it on a roller. After removing the rollers I just separate the curls with my fingers and set with hairspray and glossing spray. The result: soft curls that last! This product doesn't leave my hair at all sticky or crunchy, but soft enough to run my fingers through it.

This product has alcohol. denat. on top of the ingredient-list, so it's very drying for your hair in the long run. I usually only curl my hair for special occasions, so that's why I don't mind the alcohol. My hair would definitely not curl without it. You can also smell the strong alcohol in the spray, but luckily it fades pretty quickly.

I must mention that my review is for the European version, “Hot Curl”, but I don't think there's any difference between this and “Hot Spring”.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by hetaera

I used this with curling tongs to help protect my hair and hold the curls.

This stuff feels crunchy in your hair, and did not, in my opinion hold my curls that well either.

I also don't believe it can really protect your hair as it has left mine feeling really dry. Save your moeny. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 3:02:00 AM More reviews by BrandyR999

This is the ONLY product that has helped my fine hair keep a curl! It is my dream product come true. Ever since I have been using this product my friends have not stoppped telling me how good my waves look! Usually my hair is stick straight, and everyone prefers this "new look" I've achieved using this product. The trick is to spray the product on strand, pull it through, curl hair, then let it set. I then run my fingers thru it, and I've had no crunchy effect and my curls stay all day & night.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. When L'Oreal gets something right, it's a great product. But when they screw up (anyone remember all the bad reviews over their highlighting kit?!), it's truly a dog, and that's what this product is. If you want your hair to turn hard and crunchy, try this product. If you want your hair to feel like straw, use this. If you want to fumigate your home, use this because I promise it smells like bug spray. What a complete waste of money and effort.

Hot Spring was *supposed* to help with "lasting bounce and definition." Har-dee-har-har! Don't know about anyone else, but crunchy hair doesn't bounce. Hot Spring also is supposed to offer heat protection. I don't know about that. All I know is that my hair feels like burnt toast right now and I can't wait to wash this sh* t out!