October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Self Tanners - Yves Rocher - Bronze Nature

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried this product in the version made for the face. I have to say that I love it. The color is subtle, but buildable, which is what a pasty white girl like myself needs. It doesn't break my face out, which is a huge plus. I also like the scent when first applied, as well as when the tanning ingredients react with the skin. Other products...I should say a lot of products have a tell-tale smell that I find rather disgusting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wrote to Yves Rocher to ask why they didn't have this bronzer on their website anymore and they told me that it has been discontinued and they have made a new bronzer instead. I haven't tried that other one yet to compare. I really like the colour that I get from this self tanner for FACE. It's a very natural bronze, not orangy. I always apply it in the night and I wash the excess color off in the morning. It is very fool proof, some people might want a little more color, but for pale people this is really nice. To create a nice tan I have to apply for two nights, and to maintain the tan I have to apply it every two nights. I would have liked the applications to last a little longer. The smell isn't the typical heavy self tanner smell, it's actually ok. It's not super hydrating, so I use to apply it over my moisturizer. Absorbs well. Doesn't irritate my skin. Too bad that it has been discontinued, because it was a good product for few money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Isane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the face lotion version of this product and I love it! I've tried so many other self-tanners and this one is by far my favourite. It does not have the typical nasty self-tanner smell; in fact, I can't smell it at all after about a minute. It works fast! My face had a beautiful tan after only 2 applications. Not orangey and with a subtle shimmer, which I really like. It is not sticky and is absorbed quickly. It isn't super moisturizing, so I apply my regular moisturizer afterwards. I use this once or twice a week depending on the season to keep my face glowing :)

Best of all this lotion is affordably priced. It's often on sale for about 8-9$ so I never end up paying full price (which is about 18$ I believe). I live out west now, where there are no Yves Rocher stores. I stock up when I visit home or ask my family to ship it to me because it's the only self-tanner I will ever use!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Tinkerbell53

I like this product very much. I was attrackted to the Yves Rocher store because they give a 50% discount on most of their products because they celebrate some kind of anniversary. I decided to give this product a try because I liked the scent and the price. I bought the 75ml version with the golden cap.
It gives me a natural tan. I'm a NW25 and normally selftanners turn orange on me. This one doesn't. For a very tanned look, you need two or three applications. My skin absorbs the product pretty quickly. The only downside is that it makes the skin on my face a bit dry. Fifteen minutes after apllying this product I apply my normal moisturizer which solves the problem. After a few days I noticed that the product has a little shimmer, but it doesn't show on your skin.
I would definitely repurchase this product, I would only suggest they would make a 100ml or 150ml packaging. Now, I only use it for my face and legs but if you want to use it for your whole body, you run out quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of self tanners, and use them rarely. But when my complexion gets that almost transparent look - a little boost of color is nice. I had bad experience with self tanners in the past- they all turned very orange and way too dark on my pale skin. But then I decided to risk it again when Yves Rocher had 50% off for their entire Bronze Nature line. I ordered the liquid spray and gel versions. The gel is a bit too sparkly/glittery for my taste, I prefer the spray because it dries almost instantly and applies like a dream. It doesn't feel oily at all.
Best of all, both gel and spray result in a nicest most natural BRONZE tan. Not orange, not dark brown, but loveliest been-on-a-beach, whats-a-fake-bake? kind of bronze. I could see results after first application. My legs (which are always the palest) needed 3 portions to get a proper tan.
The fragrance is also nice- tropical floral and not overbearing. Since both the gel and the spray are completely colourless it's easy to miss a spot or apply too much. First time I used it, I got a funny stain on my toe and missed a spot on my thigh, but second time I did it more throughly and had better results.
I recommend this to ppl of paler complexion, who want a more subtle, natural looking tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Cheekbones

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the lotion version of this Bronze Nature self-tanner. What I like about it is that it is not sticky like a gel or greasy like a cream. It is a clear spray that you cannot feel after you rub it in and it dries. (don't forget to wear your latex/vinyl gloves to keep your palms from staining.) Also, it will not make you very dark right away so you can use it to gradually "build" a tan. It does have that chemically smell that these products do but not overpowering. They have added a scent also which is fairly mild and doesn't seem to irritate me or impress me one way or the other.. You have to smell it and see how you like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the lotion version of the Bronze Nature line. First off, it does not have that awful 'self-tanner' smell like many of the other brands have, which is great. It actually smelled wonderful; more like a tropical scent. Next, it went on silky smooth and my 'tan' turned out a beautiful golden color! This one is probably my favorite! Great buy too! =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this product! I don't expect to look like I've been sunbathing in the Caribbean or spending hours in a tanning booth, I just want my legs to be a shade or two darker. Works great, doesn't make you appear orange. Like other self tanners, be careful how you apply it however, because you can end up with streaks on your feet or wrists, or dark orange/brown stains between my fingers (I thought I had barbeque sauce stuck in there till I realized I had forgotten to wash my hands after applying!!!)

The only cons are that the glitter is a bit off-putting, and it kind of smells like dirt, but it's the best self-tanner I've found and I'm willing to put up with the minor cons.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by bagella

I have the spray version of this and WOW. I used to use the Neostrata Self Tan in Deep Dark and that was without a doubt the best self tanner in the world for me. But the deep dark color was discontinued and replaced with 'amber' which I have been too scared to try.
So I tried this spray one and wow! Not as good as Neostrata, but the color is gorgeous bronze and not orange at all on my olive skin. It smells like self tanner but not as bad as most. And best of all, it dries quick and doesnt rub off onto clothes.
It also lasts for a long time!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by byourself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the spray version of this, and LOVE it. In fact I compared 4 self tanners (St-Yves progressive tanner, nivea progressive tanner, Marcelle and Yves Rocher) on my stomach and Yves Rocher's was the best. The colour you get is a rich bronze brown that is not orange at all. This self tanner dries quickly, allowing you to dress without having to wait half your day. Also it last pretty long and when you catch it on sale (YR always has 40-50% sales) it is such a bargain!