November 25, 2014 | 980 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by amandabeth78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This worked really well for me.
I have sensitive skin that is combination (oily in the summer). No problems, no break-outs.
Pretty expensive though, so if I can find something else that works, I usually will.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by LIZAPPLE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hi this product was stated as really good, but i had a DIFFERENT experience. one i find that it does not go on smooth like using bareminerals primer... which i should have never changed. and it gave me acne and i never had this problem. I had to stop it entirely, because it was liken to an allergic reaction, because the ones on my forehead would itch and so to my cheeks.

I would not recommend it at all. some have the luck and others don't

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer broke me out terribly. I had the worst acne including paonful cystic since my teens. I stopped using and my skin cleared up almost immediately. Returned and went back to hourglass.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by lobenchis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised that there are so many negative reviews for this product given how well it's worked for me so far.

I have sensitive combination skin which is prone to breakouts but is dry/dehydrated at the same time so it's often quite difficult to find a product that works for me. I've been using the LM oil free TM for a couple of years now in porcelain but I've found that it often oxydizes on my skin throughout the day so I've been looking for a good primer to apply beforehand for a while now.

I got a sample of the plain LM primer a few months ago (which lasted for like 2 weeks of using it nearly everyday which is realy good considering how small those bottles are) when I last got a TM and I found that it worked well for my skin so decided to buy it afterwards.

I have now been using the oil free primer for about 3 weeks and I'm really really happy with it. As far as I can tell it hasn't caused any breakouts and has really helped with the TM which looks better and more even on my skin and no longer oxydizes which is great. I've also used it with my NARS sheer glow foundation and it looks absolutely amazing so I will definitely buy this again.

The only downside is that it has no spf hence why I only gave it 4 lippies. This isn't a huge problem when I use it with the LM TM (which has spf 25 I believe) but as NARS sheer glow has no spf I'll have to look at buying another primer just to use with that. I'll update the review in a couple months once I've used it more etc but so far so good.

Overall impression: Very happy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This beautifully packaged small tube of over-priced illuminating moisturiser is advertised as "oil-free" but its not "fat-free". If you're prone to clogged pores avoid. The first ingredient after water is Ethylhexyl Palmitate which is highly comedogenic and causes blackheads and breakouts!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is expensive, but you get a lot of acne-causing cream for your $$. I used this for 2 weeks before realizing it was the cause of the WORST cystic acne outbreak I have ever gotten from any cosmetic! Says right on the box, " for acne-prone, sensitive skin." I don't think so. This LM primer has Ethylhexyl Palmitate as the SECOND ingredient. This is known to cause acne. Surprised Laura would put this in her products. It's in her Loose Setting Powder also!?
I have tried SO many primers: Too Faced primed and poreless, Hourglass mineral veil, Bare Minerals prime time oil control, Lancome Base Pro-oil free, Neutrogena shine control (which dried out my face horribly), and countless others. My hands down favorite is Smashbox Photo Finish Light- great finish, foundation lasts, no breakouts..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I'm torn. I haved loved Laura Mercier's makeup for years now but I don't think this product is a winner for me. I've tried the primer for mineral foundation but I didn't see it at Sephora when I went so I believe its discontinued, but not positive

con's:
- cost of $40 CAD but all of her foundations are in the $42-50 range so it makes sense
- I have used it for 4 days straight, and today being the 4th day, I was extremely oily before noon, patted my face with a tissue, then around 1:30 pm, I was even oilier so I patted my face again and put some powder. (note: i used my Garnier BB cream. When I use my Laura mineral powder, I'm not AS oily)
- doesn't claim and doesn't reduce the size of my pores. Unless you vigorously spread the primer into your pores so they look somewhat gone, they will still be visible.

pro's:
- packaging is on point. its a squeeze tube and there is no excess or leakage whatsoever.
- it is oil-free so it doesn't irritate any breakouts (fresh or healing) that you may have.
- it creates a very smooth surface in prep for your foundation. I had no streaks or patches along my jaw line when I would put my bronzer.

I'm going to give the product 3 more days for a full 7-day trial until I decide I have to return this. I might just have to change my actual foundation/BB cream, but I really don't want to switch and spend more money just so this primer will work.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by echoluster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I let the SA talk me into this along with the Oil-Free Supreme Foundation.

To be honest, I don't think this does anything for me. But, it doesn't hurt either! It feels nice on my skin but doesn't make an appreciable difference in my makeup application or longevity.

I don't normally use primer and I don't ever really feel the need to. Being that this is fairly expensive for a product that doesn't really do anything for me, I won't be buying it again. Good moisturizer (Eucerin) is enough to create a nice canvas on my fair combination skin with large pores on and around the nose.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by LABeautyGal

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh, do not let the SA talk you into this. I blindly let a sales girl talk me into this without consulting MUA first. This does nothing to control oil and nothing to conceal pores. My skin was oilier than usual and it did not make my make up stick. Definitely just an OK product at best. And overpriced.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by AliceBetts

I found this product awful! What a waste of money.... I knew that I should've gotten the radiance primer instead but I was going through a but of a shiny phase and thought this would help combat it but boy was I wrong. First of all the smell is horrible chemically and off-putting. It felt vey heavy when I applied it and seemed to highlight instead of correct all of my flaws it also dried out my skin and made me look flakey. I only used it once and it's still sitting in the bottom of my makeup draw because I don't have the heart to throw it out.