April 25, 2014 | 690 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by elijes

I don't think my version has SPF in it? This might differ by country or something?

However, I do really enjoy the oil-free tinted moisturizer, particularly for everyday coverage in the winter months. I have combo/oil skin so this product has enough moisture to cover my dry patches while not aggravating the more oily parts. The coverage is quite sheer but it's perfect for everyday use as I am mostly looking for something to even out my skin tone and hide some pesky red acne scarring.

I apply this product over a gel moisturizer (it is a foundation, not skincare) with a beauty blender and it looks as if I am not wearing any makeup at all.

However I would not wear this in the summertime as it does feel a little on the heavy side over sunscreen when it gets hotter out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by indskunk

Oxidises my face after 5mins even with a thin layer. I live in a humid country. The moment I walk out for a few minutes, hello oil-slick face. Hello pores. Will need to wipe it all off while walking. Tried in different conditions, rain, cloudy or shine, same outcome. Don't really like the squeeze tube, cannot control amount. Definitely giving this away :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by gaiLyghia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not the foundation for me, uuuggghh!! It does oxidize and looking orangey. So beware of that when choosing your color. Bought for SGD68 (if I'm not mistaken).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by calificus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this on days when I don't really want or need to wear a foundation. I find that it evens out my complexion nicely when I use a powder over it. It doesn't really have any scent to it, which I like and I find it really easy to apply. I mostly use my fingers to apply and blend this in. I got the shade "Blush" which matches my skin tone nicely.

It is oil-free, so whilst this doesn't do much to control oiliness, it doesn't add to it or make it worse either. Some tinted moisturisers I've used in the past feel greasy and heavy, so it's nice that this one does not. I have worn this at work and if I've been out for the day and I found it lasted the whole day. I did have to re-powder my T-zone but this is normal for me.

I would say the only down-side is the price, it is quite expensive but saying that I have found it to be very good quality and hasn't caused me to break out so I would probably purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Decent color range
-Contains SPF
-Oil Free
-Doesn't cause breakouts

CONS:
-Very greasy looking unless set with a powder
-Price
-Does not moisturize very well

BOTTOM LINE:
I would not repurchase. I originally got this on my honeymoon while visiting Sephora in Honolulu. I was sick of wearing a full coverage foundation in the sun when I was sweating due to the heat, so I picked this up for $40 US. That was seven months ago and my container is still nearly full, namely because I donít particularly like this product.

It contains SPF which was great for my trip and daytime use. The color matched very well, but it doesnít provide hardly any coverage (my acne scarring and hyperpigmentation still showed through). While I was expecting this to be light coverage, it just didnít do enough for me. Also, after I apply it, my skin looks greasy. This might be because of the SPF. I definitely have to use concealer and a setting powder to help make this last and cover up my imperfections. It is oil-free and doesn't cause break-outs, so if you just need a layer of darkened moisturizer on your face, you might like this.

For the price of this product (that doesn't do a whole lot, in my opinion!) and me not loving it so much, I would not repurchase. I think you can buy Covergirl BB Cream (used to be Covergirl tinted moisturizer, but they jumped on the BB cream bandwagon) for $8 and get the same exact result.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by SaraDLueders

I love this stuff. I am not one who goes for full coverage because it just doesn't work on me. I hate having a caked on full coverage face but to each her own! This is sheer coverage but really evens out my skin tone. I always have a few problem spots so I just pop some concealer on and some translucent powder over and I'm good to go. Also I'm very very fair and the porcelain shade was light enough but too yellow for me and they just came out with a shade called cameo that is just as light but more neutral pink and I love it! Try this out if you have oily combo skin or even dry but don't want extra oil on your face :) also I'm extremely sensitive and this hasn't broken me out

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by scarmica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It seems like Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers are either holy grail or a no-go. For me, it is a no-go. I think the packaging is great, there is no offensive smell, and as far as I can tell it doesn't break me out. However, I find both the oil-free version and the regular version just turn me into an absolute greasy mess. Not to mention I don't find there is enough coverage. I've been sampling TM's the past month (thank you, Sephora!) - including Dior Hydra-Youth, Stila, Laura Mercier, Bobby Brown, etc. and can honestly say LM's doesn't land anywhere in the top 3 (my fave is Stila, to date). Plus in Canada the LM TM sells for $55/tube which I find a bit insulting so it would have to be amazing for me to pay the $$!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Despite this being oil free, it sure does make my skin feel oily! It's very difficult to blend and afterwards my skin feels like it does after I put sunscreen on which is not a great finish. If I follow up with a powder then it's okay, but I will definitely not repurchase or recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought my 1st tube of this last year and only used a couple of times as i felt it made me shiny after a few hours. Since then i have been using the Bobbi Brown BB cream with a few gripes here and there but generally happy. However, over the past couple of colder months i was noticing that the BB cream was clinging to my dry patches (around my nose and chin) and not blending too well. I tried a couple of things such as primer before applying and also moisturiser before applying. These helped but not a great deal.

So i dug my LM tinted moisturiser out and thought let's give this a go as i remember it applying quite nicely. Well i have found my HG product now and will not be going back to the Bobbi Brown BB cream :-)

The LM tinted moisturiser blends like a dream - i use the sigma 180 brush - and you don't need much for a medium coverage. I use this most days and only use foundation for special ocassions/long days/nights out. I do have good skin but this gives you a little bit of a glow and looks so natural. To be honest it's a product that makes your skin look like skin but just much better. You never look caked. I apply to clean skin and then apply powder on top - at the moment i am applying BB's brightening nudes finishing powder over the top as it is very light and adds a subtle glow. I will probably use my mattify powder over the top when summer comes as my skin will be oilier in the heat.

The selction of colours is now greater than ever so everyone should be able to find a match :-)

The best product out there in my opinion for oily ladies who want light - medium coverage for eveyday wear or who just want a nice natural coverage. You do get a little oily but i find that i only need to blot once in the day which i can cope with. With SPF 20 included you can't go wrong. It is a little on the pricey side but cheaper in comparison to the Bobbi Brown BB cream so i will continue to repurchase.

Looking forward to trying some of her other products now!!! x

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Hoyman

I bought mine today at Sephora in color Natural. If I would order this on line I will never buy this color the color look way way darker on line. I like it for now the color match me perfectly. I give it 5 stars for now will see how it perform in summer months. This tinted moisturizer is not a full coverage foundation, but good light coverage need concealer in problem areas. This tinted moisturizer is a satin finished. I like it for now will update in summer months. This tinted moisturizer does not oxidize on my skin. Which is very good. I'm a fan on her foundation now. I wear eye cream, Shiseido urban sunblock, Urban Decay brighten primer and LM tinted moisturizer I skip my regular moisturizer in the morning. Doesn't make my face too oily. Very happy. Update; 4/7/14, went to Sephora and got me another tube. Still love it.