Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

on 8/15/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not bad, but no miracles either. I like it a lot more than foundation because it's much quicker in the mornings for work and doesn't feel like I'm wearing a ton of makeup.

For reference, I apply it and then follow up with a setting spray and powder. I wouldn't wear this product without powder because it is VERY dewy, to the point of looking oily.

It's very light coverage (obviously) and I wouldn't say it evens out my skin tone completely - mostly it just gives me a bit of extra oomph in the skin department. If you're aiming for totally flawless skin I'd skip this product and use foundation, but if you want the my-skin-but-better look then this is great. It's a tinted moisturizer - don't expect it to have coverage even close to a foundation.

My biggest complaint is the staying power - it lasts maybe half the day. I know TM usually doesn't last as long as foundation but I still think they could improve upon it. I probably won't repurchase because I want to give the NARS tinted moisturizer a go.

on 8/14/2015 1:48:00 PM

Seems to discolor throughout the day and causes unflattering shine. Not for me.

on 8/13/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have normal to dry skin, but I picked this up to try as I live in a very hot & humid climate, and dislike anything shiny or greasy. I have used both the "regular" & illuminating LM tinted moisturizers and was not thrilled with the finish or lasting power of either one. This oil-free version gives a semi-matte natural finish. I apply & blend it with a synthetic brush and it blends easily & absorbs like a dream. I always set my foundations with powder, and this one is no exception. I find that it lasts all day on me and never oxidizes or looks cakey/heavy/greasy. I love that it is a natural look that lets my skin show through. It comes in a large squeeze tube, which is hygenic & easy to dispense the amount you need. I am not sure that any tinted moisturizer is going to work well on truly oily skin, and it is certainly not going to work if you need something with heavy coverage. For my skin, I am very happy with this and will definitely repurchase.

on 7/18/2015 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank goodness I had a generous sample of this. I was so disappointed. I tried it for a week. It's so watery, that does not sit well with my oily skin. I feel like I had to layer too much to get adequate coverage- even for a tinted moisturizer, it just didn't cover. It was also extremely pink, even for my neutral skin (I tried the Blush shade). It's too expensive to be a subpar product. I have really sensitive skin and it didn't break me out, which is a plus.

on 7/1/2015 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Really quite disappointed with this tinted moisturiser... had such high expectations because of the ridiculously high price, but the performance was below average.

Was reading through the other reviews and no one else seemed to point out that it has the same "breaking into water" consistency as maybelline's pure bb mineral water gel, where you can see little water droplets forming when swiped on a plastic surface? its great that it has this since it makes it so hydrating, but it also makes it quite difficult to spread. this moisture also does no good for oily skin. I have oily combo dehydrated skin, and it looks lovely and dewy when applied, but quickly turns super greasy after a few hours (even with layers of mattifying powder).

but the most disappointing thing is that it breaks up on my face. not sure if its due to its combination with the powder (rimmel stay matte), but around my t zone, where my skin is oiliest, there was obvious breaking up of colour, pores emphasized and all. I find that I experience this with many of my base products so it might be just me though. other than that, the coverage is very sheer, and barely does anything for evening out my skin.
this product will really only work for someone who has dry skin with no unevenness whatsoever.

on 6/23/2015 9:28:00 PM

Pros: nice, luminous finish. decent coverage and staying power. Cons: very tacky, requires a brush - cannot be spread with fingers (unless you want an uneven finish). doesn't really emphasize pores but definitely doesn't help to soften them. /// ended up returning this, i now use the NARS Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturizer instead

on 5/30/2015 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

HATE is exactly what I feel towards this product. I tried it because I heard so many good things about Laura Mercier brand. Major disappointment. First it is way too much money for what this product delivers which is non existent. Provides ZERO, ZIP, NADA, coverage. STINKS (does not smell) like SPF, feels like I'm going to go jump in a pool. So yea, it's a loser. My suggestion is NARS tinted moisturizer totally delivers and is worth the bucks. Buildable coverage, does not stink, feels like no make up, and has ingredients that help cell renewal and hydrate skin like mineral rich seawater and natural polysaccharides .

on 5/16/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Even though this is oil free, this made my oily skin EXTREMELY oily. This literally gives no coverage whatsoever, and leaves a dewy finish. I looked and felt like a grease ball in less than an hour. This is so pricey and it gives no coverage! Maybe if you have dry skin and no imperfections would this product work for you.

on 4/26/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really not a fan of this product. I was recommended to use this product instead of the normal version.

It doesn't spread well, doesn't give enough coverage and I'm fairly certain it broke me out. The packaging is awful because the product dribbles out and then at the end its hard to get the last of it out.

The colour range isn't great and while it's not the products fault, I was matched incorrectly.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product to my worst enemy. They'd be better off flushing their money down the toilet.

on 4/6/2015 6:08:00 AM

Pros:
- packaging is great and handy
- did not break out

Cons:
- expensive
- sheer coverage
- got recommended for my oily skin, but NOPE. 2 hours in, I'm a grease ball
- product slides off my face once I get oily
- transfers to my clothes
- color matched wrongly (got matched porcelain or my NC20 skin. way too light)

This product is most likely made for people who has normal or dry skin (??) who doesn't need much coverage at all.