August 23, 2014 | 1725 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this tinted moisturizer on and off for at least 6 months now. It's been on and off becasuse I have a wandering eye and because I'm still a little on the fence about this product.

I keep coming back to this little guy because it evens out my skintone and does NOT BREAK ME OUT out (which seems to be a down right miracel when it comes to bases).

I'm on the fence about it because it's nothing magical. I find that it's NOT VERY BUILDABLE so I do need a concealer for some hyperpigmentation here and there.

It also is NOT OIL CONTROLLING but it doesn't cause extra oil either. I get a little greasy but I'm alright with having to blot my face. Top it off with powder and things should be manageable

Note that it DOES OXIDISE! I have the colour tawny which is far far too light out of the tube but oxidises to my perfect skintone (NC42-44).

One thing I do love about it is that after the oxidation it is my PERFECT COLOUR and for the first time ever I don't have to mix foundations, so it's great for OLIVE undertones.

Also, it's very QUICK and EASY to apply. I use a buffing brush. I top it off with a little concealer and then I'm set.

It's also MOISTURIZING and keeps any flaking from dry patches at bay. Even though I have combination skin, patches of my skin can get quite dry and tight through the day and this keeps everything comfortable.

In conclusion, I like it, I'll keep using it, I'll probably repurchase it but I'm not in love. I'll also probably stay on the lookout for something that controls oil better, is more buildible, but still the perfect colour match. Ha! For now, this is good.

Recommended for,
acne prone skin (most things breaks me out or makes me more oily)
olive undertones
someone who likes an easy routine but also doesn't need heavy coverage
those with fairly well behaved skin

Definitely get a sample or two due to the oxidation problem.
[I wanted to give it a 3.5 but I'm rounding up to a 4]

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Dianaofg

I have an oily t-zone and wanted something that would just even out my skin a bit, nothing full coverage. I love how it looks on me, it's great at evening out my skin! I just need to add some concealer on my under eyes and on any zits if I have any. It doesn't do a great job at keeping you shine free but it does help a bit. However I feel that if I set it with powder it makes my t-zone oilier! It also lasts a long time. I have repurchased this before as it does a great job at evening out my skin and doesn't break me out. However since I've started college and have become more wary of my money, I would say this isn't worth the $40. There are plenty of other cheaper products out there to even out skintone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Crisalta82

It is ok at best. The quality and ingredients are superior, but the "look" or the end result is comparable to drug store brands. I prefer to invest a little more for Chanel. A less expensive brand that is actually surprisingly great is the Younique BB Cream. I am not a presenter. I tried the products at a party, and I gotta say I very much liked the BB cream. Of course, I had to research it extensively and I'm pleased with the ingredients and lack of harsh chemicals. But still, nothing beats Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is worth the hype! I got the sephora flawless face kit and I love it. The tinted moisturizer works well with my oily skin. Paired with her primer it helps minimize my large pores and gives a natural finish that isn't too matte. Lasts all day. Gives buildable coverage that never looks heavy or cakey. Feels lightweight.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by SassyCappy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I opt for this over foundation during the hotter months because I like how it's so light (in fact, I may keep this part of my everyday makeup routine). It makes my skin look dewy and gives me a nice summer glow.

It does, however, accentuate my oily nose, which would definitely be a deal breaker with any other foundation, but it actually helps me achieve that dewy, glowing finish.

It is a designer brand, so it's a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way and it seems to last me several months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by lotsflo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an incredible product. However, when I bought this around a year ago, I really didn't get on with it - I used to apply it with fingers/a small foundation brush and it just used to go orange and patchy throughout the day. HOWEVER.. I have repurchased this product this year.. and tried to apply it in a different way: I use the Real Techniques buffing brush.. and now I am able to achieve a more even application with the tinted moisturiser! I apply a big blob on my hand (about the size of a grape) and then dab the brush into a little bit of moisturiser and buff it into sections on my face. I buy the oil free in the shade 'nude' which works well with my pale skin (as long as I don't apply too much!). It does go very SLIGHTLY oily throughout the day, but if you dab it with some tissue paper etc then it's fine.

The finish is AMAZING.. it just makes you look like you've got a very even, beautiful tan which is glowy and you don't feel like you're wearing any makeup at all. Since using this I would NEVER go back to using foundations/heavy mineral powders or even BB creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Ghostwerld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have extremely dry skin at the moment thank to Accutane, and this stuff is amazing. It looks good without primer and even better with it. I hate looking like my face is covered in foundation, and this covers any redness without looking like a thick pancake of foundation, though it still has a great coverage and can be used all over the face. I'm not sure if it'll suit all skintones, though Laura Mercier is so good at matching mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Wendy315

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not sure what all the hype is. I tried a sample since the didn't have my color in stock. I have my first pimple in 10 years from it. Will continue using sample and update again. In comparison I obtain more of a matte finish with Trish McEvoy's tinted BB cream, which I have been using for over a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by elijes

I don't think my version has SPF in it? This might differ by country or something?

However, I do really enjoy the oil-free tinted moisturizer, particularly for everyday coverage in the winter months. I have combo/oil skin so this product has enough moisture to cover my dry patches while not aggravating the more oily parts. The coverage is quite sheer but it's perfect for everyday use as I am mostly looking for something to even out my skin tone and hide some pesky red acne scarring.

I apply this product over a gel moisturizer (it is a foundation, not skincare) with a beauty blender and it looks as if I am not wearing any makeup at all.

However I would not wear this in the summertime as it does feel a little on the heavy side over sunscreen when it gets hotter out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by indskunk

Oxidises my face after 5mins even with a thin layer. I live in a humid country. The moment I walk out for a few minutes, hello oil-slick face. Hello pores. Will need to wipe it all off while walking. Tried in different conditions, rain, cloudy or shine, same outcome. Don't really like the squeeze tube, cannot control amount. Definitely giving this away :(