December 20, 2014 | 1680 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by et3naltwilight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got this on the recommendation of a sales associate for a lightweight, oil free base. I'm sure it looks great, but for almost $80 CAD you get:
-parabens
-strong chemical and metallic scent

If we're going to pay that price, they should at least make better efforts to use better quality ingredients.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mimipoj2811

I'm really disappointed in this tinted moisturiser. I usually use NARS tinted moisturiser but thought I'd buy the Laura Mercier for a change. The shade is Nude and it's an excellent match for my skin tone. Once I've applied the product to my skin, it begins to oxidise and unfortunately that's where the problem lies. I have tried using a number of different Techniques to apply it, with and without primer, with different powders and no luck. I have just stuck to my tried and tested NARS.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Yoke3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this because it looks flawless and natural on the many YT personalities I've watched. I've applied this a dozen times, and each time I end up breaking out. It does look nice on the cheek area but after some time it migrates into skin creases (frown lines, crows feet). This would probably work on people with dry skin because it's so moisturizing and doesn't exaggerate dry patches the way most foundations do. Unfortunately this is too skin clogging for me..so much so that I'm afraid to try other LM foundations

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Laura Mercier is known for her base products and this one doesn't disappoint. Foundation is definitely a personal preference as it is with all makeup and despite the mediocre reviews, the oil free tinted moisturizer works for me.

I'm normal/combo (slightly dry in the winter and slightly oily in the summer) and I really dislike heavy bases. I prefer lightweight formulas with a sheer to medium finish for everyday.
This tinted moisturizer gives me the sheer finish I like and prefer and I can also layer it for more coverage if I choose.
Best of all, it doesn't make me look like an oil slick by mid day like other tinted moisturizers can. Once I set it with powder, the staying power is impressive.

I'm a NC30/C3 and Nude is the closest match for me. I think it's a tad bit neutral for my yellow toned complexion but this isn't an issue in the winter when I'm paler.

This is one tinted moisturizer that is worth the money for me and I'd repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by danicayingna

doesn't break me out and I've quite acne prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by bluelimelemon

I really like this product. I got this from Bloomingdales, the BA matched the shade for me. She picked the shade natural and ochre for me at first, ochre is too yellow for me and natural is perfect but because my face is darker than the rest of my body, it would look quite orange. So the color bisque which has more neutral undertones would be better. So I got the shade bisque.

For the price, I agree it's pricey, but you only need a little for the whole face.

It's quite buildable, usually I add a little bit more around the nose to cover the redness. The coverage is light, to cover mild acne scars and redness around the face. It doesn't crease especially on the drier areas like the under eye area.

The finish is dewy-er than expected, but it gives you a nice healthy glow and the illusion as if you don't wear anything on your face. Use a little powder to make it less shiny, I use their loose powder which is also really nice. The staying power is superb, I use this at 5 AM and went out all day, and even until 7 PM it still look amazing, and I didn't even touch up!

And of course, this doesn't cause any break outs on my sensitive skin. Which is the thing I look for in a product. So sensitive skin or allergy prone skin can give this a shot (but remember to read the ingredients too).

Overall I really recommend this product! It's long lasting, has value for money, sensitive skin friendly :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by lenglander

This is my absolute go to product and it lasts me foreverrrr. I use it every day and hardly ever run out. I have repurchased this product once before so I am now on my second bottle. I began using this product a little over a year ago and i am still in love with it every time. I can not go without it. Sometimes it goes on a little thicker than other days, so I will just put on a natural moisturizer underneath to help move the product around. It has never and will never break me out. I have recommended this to so many friends and family members!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by laraheartsmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, I enjoyed my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It's great for a clean, natural look. Even though it's expensive, I felt like it lasted long enough to justify the price. I would buy it again, but I think I'll try some other light coverage foundations first.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by jbluzb86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using the tinted moisturizer on or off for about 9 months. I have acne and oily-combi skin. The color that is use is tawny.

This has great coverage in evening out uneven skin tone and redness from my pimples. However, I live in a humid and tropical country and this can slide and sweat off in a few hours. I usually wear this when the weather is a bit cooler. Zero oil control, I need to blot after 6 hours which is not bad. Did not control oil nor add oil to my face.

This product did not cause acne, blackheads or cogestion. This can transfer to your clothes so please be careful :P

Color is top notch, natural looking, perfect skin effect!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this tinted moisturizer on and off for at least 6 months now. It's been on and off becasuse I have a wandering eye and because I'm still a little on the fence about this product.

I keep coming back to this little guy because it evens out my skintone and does NOT BREAK ME OUT out (which seems to be a down right miracel when it comes to bases).

I'm on the fence about it because it's nothing magical. I find that it's NOT VERY BUILDABLE so I do need a concealer for some hyperpigmentation here and there.

It also is NOT OIL CONTROLLING but it doesn't cause extra oil either. I get a little greasy but I'm alright with having to blot my face. Top it off with powder and things should be manageable

Note that it DOES OXIDISE! I have the colour tawny which is far far too light out of the tube but oxidises to my perfect skintone (NC42-44).

One thing I do love about it is that after the oxidation it is my PERFECT COLOUR and for the first time ever I don't have to mix foundations, so it's great for OLIVE undertones.

Also, it's very QUICK and EASY to apply. I use a buffing brush. I top it off with a little concealer and then I'm set.

It's also MOISTURIZING and keeps any flaking from dry patches at bay. Even though I have combination skin, patches of my skin can get quite dry and tight through the day and this keeps everything comfortable.

In conclusion, I like it, I'll keep using it, I'll probably repurchase it but I'm not in love. I'll also probably stay on the lookout for something that controls oil better, is more buildible, but still the perfect colour match. Ha! For now, this is good.

Recommended for,
acne prone skin (most things breaks me out or makes me more oily)
olive undertones
someone who likes an easy routine but also doesn't need heavy coverage
those with fairly well behaved skin

Definitely get a sample or two due to the oxidation problem.
[I wanted to give it a 3.5 but I'm rounding up to a 4]