October 1, 2014 | 1972 users online

Powder - MAC - Lightful Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by boyforever

def lovin this product. its perfect for simple natural day look. perfect n love the packaging btw. love love

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by LeneMUA

I am a ex Mac artist. I use this for yearssss... It started from Asia and its the best seller in Japan. Now I guess it's best seller in most of the Asia country. I use this everyday, it gives good coverage. Brighten up complexion, with sun protection. It's abit costly but I just can never find a powder foundation as good as this. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Iralavelle

Hi! I live in Singapore and this foundation costs literally a bomb for me. I bought this for SGD82. I was quite skeptical that it could cover up my scars but it did! i did not regret buying this as it has a really good coverage, I'd say almost to a full coverage, for a powder foundation. I have yet to try it on for a whole day but I'm already loving it from the first time I use it earlier today. If you want flawless looking skin, use this compact powder foundation together with Mac studio finish concealer as well as a good primer and you're good to go! Im using NC37 for this product and nw30 for my studio finish concealer. It's a good combination. Do take note that I have oily combination skin and have acne scars and uneven skin tone. This makes my skin look flawless yet has that natural matte look to it. Unfortunately I think it can only be found in Asia. I will definitely buy this again in future.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by aguskl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is one of the best powder foundation that I tried (La Prarie, Chanel, Lancome, Dior, Kose to name a few) My other favourite is Dior but this is cheaper and as good. I'm on 3rd refill and mine is NC25 with is a bit fair but it does oxidize a little.
Here are the ingredient list:
Synthetic fluorphlogopite, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Talc, Silica, Celullose, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopherol, Hydrangea serrata, Elder, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Lauroyl lysine, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Petrolatum, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Synthetic wax, Dimethicone/methicone copolymer,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydroxyapatite, Barium Sulfate, Magnesium sulfate, Magnesium Myristate, Alumina, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC lightful compact is easy to use, buildable with medium, coverage. I have dry and sensitive skin, but its powder doesn't make my skin look flaky. The powder is really fine and it feels luxurious to wear it because of how silky it is. However, if I use a sponge, I look quite unnatural in it with a chalky face. It lasts for a few months as I normally use it for touch-ups because applying it like a foundation does not work for my dry skin. The SPF 25 is a plus point - great for touch-ups!

Texture: 4/5 smooth to apply, very fine powder. I never expect a 2-way cake can achieve an airbrushed look, so it's fine for me.
Function: 4/5 SPF 25, nice for touch-ups, medium coverage
Application: 4/5 buildable, easy to blend, but sometimes I feel it's too thick to wear
Packaging: 4/5 I broke the cake when 1/3 left..it's easy to break. but the case in silver is really lovely with a sponge in another compartment.
Price: 3.5/5 $32 Euro for refill - a bit expensive comparing to other MAC compacts
Overall: 3.9/5

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

A bit pricier than their other compact powders but definitely worth it. I gave it 2 for packaging quality cos I liked the original white shimmery one when it first came out. Now it comes in a bluey silvery case that feels *cheap*

Anyhow, great powder, best effect achieved if you apply with a brush. Looks natural and covers extremely well for a powder. For everyday use, I skip foundation and just use this over concealer and I'm all set :)

Been using this for over 3 years and havent found a need to go looking anywhere else!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by mcp1027

I got this foundation last September 2010 and I think it is really great!
I have gone through 2 refills and I am now on my third. It feels really good on the skin and looks great on photos too!

I can just use concealer/light foundation on my under eye area, nose, forehead and just put this powder all over my face and its perfect.

For a more polished look, I put a thin layer of foundation on my entire face (guerlain parure extreme, dior exteme fit or estee lauder double wear) and then set it with the MAC lightful powder.

The prise is a little steep but I dont mind if it works wonderful.

For reference I am NC 35 - 40, Chanel Beige 40, Guerlain Parure Extreme in #3 and Tawny in Estee Lauder double wear.
=)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by mamamabel

This is my favorite out of MAC powder series :) Firstly, the packaging is silver shiny compact...better than studiofix. it can be refillable though the price of the refill is a bit expensive. At first glide, it did give medium coverage yet still natural and flawless. It feels "lighter" than studiofix so it's more comfortable for daily use. It also contains SPF so it's suitable for daylight protection. The color stays on nicely and doesn't discolorised after hours of wear. it worked great on my normal-oily skin, provided medium coverage with natural look but it's pricey. I would buy this compact again but for now I am on a quest of finding other brands that may give the same results with better price :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by ptanx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought duty free on route from Japan. Very skeptical as usually NC35 but makeup artist assured me that NC40 was the color for me. Bought based on his recommendation and spot on perfect color. Formulation is lighter than normal studio fix and seems to last better. Great coverage combined with Mac Prep & Prime BB cream. Will definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by bluesky008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This power foundation works for me.
I have oily skin.
the staying power is great, and oil control is well too.
I am happy with this product and I will buy it again.