September 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

Fragrances - Hugo Boss - Deep Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my favorite scent when I was with my ex. Him and I actually picked it out together, and I think he bought me a set, although I can't exactly remember now as it has been a long time. I loved this perfume, and only got rid of it because I had to make a new beginning. I won't buy it again, but only because it reminds me of the past. Otherwise, this is a very nice perfume. Much better than Valentino V Absolu, which is somewhat similar, although not as nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by stls

Deep red is quite pleasing. There are not too many perfumes that strike a neat balance between young - playful - flirty - fruity with some edge and character. I'd rather call it an introduction to orientals than a fruity floral, actually.

Starts with an intense blast of fruits (mostly clementine, mandarin, blood orange and blackcurrant) which are very delicious. I often find fruity notes hard not to end up into something generic and here they don't.

Then I get the exotic kick of ginger and at last it develops in a playful mix of juicy fruits, mildly spicy ginger, the lovely sandalwood and not too sweet grown up vanilla.

The flowers are not really noticeable to me but judging by the notes I find the idea of combining the dramatic tuberose with the delicate freesia and the salty hibiscus quite unusual.

This perfume unfolds as time goes by and every stage is more interesting than the previous. It certainly evokes the feeling of warmth and inner tension, has good longevity and silage is nearly perfect: neither nuclear strength nor close to the skin.

I wouldn't call it sophisticated but for a fun night out with girlfriends it would be a perfect match.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

An all-time favourite, I first bought Deep Red when I was 16, Iím 22 now and always re-purchase when I run out! Itís dark and sexy, I would describe it as a Ďfruity-floralí with some woody tones. Again itís a really strong, long-lasting fragrance, on me it smells sweet and musky, with a hint of spice. Itís meant to be more of an evening fragrance, but I really enjoy 1-2 spritz of it on my skin in the mornings, such a feminine and sensual fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Stela5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

YES , YES AND YES! This perfume is sooo amazing. Currently is too expensive for me but I will definitely buy it again ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it, but it's not so special really. I could take it or leave it...it just smells so much like several other fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

My first EVER perfume that I classed as my signature scent, and I was 16! Holds a sentimental value as my nana bought me the giftset for Xmas, but died on the 23rd Dec so never got the chance to give it me. Will always remind me of her! LOVE IT!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have my bottle of EDP for more than 13 years now as a gift from my father, but it was too mature for my taste when I received it. So it stood neglected, packed away, forgotten, until I discovered it in a move... how could I ever not love this?
Its sweet, cute, yummy, playful-sexy and mature at the same time. I can smell gardenia more clearly than in my Crystal Noir, but it blends more beautifully here and it is not overpowering. So sweet.
I wear it mostly on winter and usually when I go out. I do not want to smell so sexy when I am in the office...
The bottle is also beautiful, frosted red glass with some transparency and a firmly clicking silver top. Classy and beautiful.
It is not one of my signature perfumes but I would definitely wish to buy again.
Also, as I said I have it for more than 13 years. It still smells the same (I tried it last year in a store). I do not know about perfumes, do they all last that long? It certainly says a lot to me about its quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is my favorite Hugo Boss fragrance for women. It is very sexy and sensual. It has a definite vanilla vibe to it with fresh ginger, that gives it a nice kick. In a way it reminds me a bit of Dior's Hypnotic Poison only a bit fruitier than that one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh dear, I hate not liking a perfume. Usually I like most.
This one, I bought online because of all the great reviews (generally I agree with MUA) and it seemed like my kind of perfume - heavy without being overpowering. But I just can't stand it. It honestly smells like (my friend's words but I agree) a cheap cologne. Very similar to Neroli Jasmine by the Body Shop - which is cheaper and nicer and I actually use as an air spray sometimes. I've worn it 5 times since I got it, so I've given it a chance, worn in on my body and clothes (smells the same) and I just really don't find anything I like about it. However, I will say that for the people who have given this perfume 5 stars, I envy you, because I'm sure you must have some kind of body chemistry that turns this into perfection, because the notes you describe just smell nothing like the bottle I have :(. Maybe I got an expired bottle? (Bought from Strawberrynet if anyone is interested) It could just be one of those that I'm not meant to like (ie Angel which I'm still hoping I'll suddenly adore!). Still give it a spray, you might really like it, everyone is different :) but I'll be sticking with my Armani Code, Addict, Hypnose.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by kristiannarj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my signature scents.Whenever one of my friends smells this perfume, he/she always connects it to me!

I have been wearing this scent for the past 8 years, and i love love love it!

It is on the heavy side, but again, its just a great perfume!
I always get complements by men, that say my perfume is amazing..the two words characterizing it: SEXY and ALLURING.

unfortunately, fans of this perfume, STOCK UP!It has been discontinued!:(