GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner

4.5

on 2/6/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've got it in Black Ink waterproof. The only two reasons why I would repurchase it are that it doesn't smudge (only a little after 8 hours of wearing), even if it's raining or snowing, and it's suitable for contact lens wearers. However, I hate that it runs out very soon (before it I used Artdeco one which lasted for 2 years) and is not easy to apply.

on 10/8/2014 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I used this to tightline my upper lashes. It could not even survive the 15 minute walk to campus. It had smudged all over and gave me raccoon eyes. :/ I'm glad I got it for free from Shoppers.

on 6/30/2014 12:15:00 AM

I found the black one in my moms makeup bag, and I secretly put it on... And I loved it! It glides oh so smoothly on my eyelids. I have to say, it's my favourite one, since all the other scratched my eyelids, were to dull, or had a crayon-like texture. I also got my mom to buy the white one for me, I haven't opened it yet, but I'm keeping it fresh in my fridge for a special occasion! I also love the matte packaging, and I think it's definitely worth the money! I got mine in Shoppers Drug Mart (canada), and they have such amazing products!

on 6/19/2014 1:57:00 PM

Smudges like crazy on me (Black color). I bought it because I'd heard this one is smudgeproof, but it didn't turn out that way for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have a purple shade and it is a nice soft eyeliner. It does crumble a bit visibly on my skin though and when I sharpen it, even when making a point not to sharpen too much it usually breaks off because it is soft.

on 5/7/2014 7:19:00 PM

After reading reviews, had these special ordered. Unfortunately it doesn't last as it states, and it's not dark as other eyeliners tried in the past. Wouldn't go thru hassle of buying again there are better products out in the market.

on 2/3/2014 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own this in Truly Brown, because I wanted a brown pencil liner since I have so many black liquid liners in my stash already. NEW HOLY GRAIL PENCIL. It's the creamiest and smoothest formula I ever tried. I don't need to spend a lot of effort to line my eyes in the morning with this baby. And it's practically budgeproof and smudgeproof which is very important.

One swipe of this baby, instant color payoff so I don't even need to layer this on at all! I have not tried this eyeliner on the waterline because I no longer wear eyeliner on my waterline due to sensitive eyes. (I do use highlighting liners on the inner corners to brighten my eyes)

It is a little pricey for a drugstore eyeliner, but hey...I'm paying for a good quality eyeliner that I like. I wouldn't really consider this drugstore brand though since my local drugstores don't actually carry this, and it's the high street stores that carry this brand.

Definitely repurchasing and prolly other colors too!

on 1/5/2014 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I own 3 GOSH eyeliners all 3 in a different shade of green.
Lemon Soda
Woody Green
Alligator
The color payoff is fantastic.
These are excellent quality for waterproof drugstore eyeliners.
I can never find them in my neighborhood. I scored these 3 at Walgreens in Las Vegas last year.

on 1/1/2014 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For the price, I would say these are one of the best drugstore eyeliners on the market. I have bought them in three colours although my favorite has to be black. Assuming you don't lose the lid (mine has dried up a bit) these glide on really nicely. On the top lid my eyeliner stays on all night, however waterline staying power is only good with the black. With the green and blue shades I purchased they smudged quite a bit on the waterline, therefore I will give 4 lippies.

on 10/6/2013 9:29:00 PM

I had to rush home to write a positive review about this eyeliner (I got the black ink). WOW.... amazing staying power, I mean "AMAZING"! All the girls who can not live without eyeliners, go to get one right now otherwise you are missing out big time. I'm definitely an eyeliner girl and there is not even one time I did my makeup without a black eyeliner. But all black eyeliners either smudges to a raccoon eye or disappears before I check in the mirror (I tired pretty much every eyeliner from every brand, highend to drugstore) , this one OMG, whole day since 10am I bought it till 6pm I just got home, stays put like I just put it on.

After reading all the glory reviews about GOSH velvet touch eyeliner before, I decided to buy it today. When I saw the $7CAD sales tag I was even more excited to buy it, but at the check out it still appears the full price at $12, so I talked to the sale assistant to make sure if they got the right price (don't get me wrong, I would still pay full price even double the price for this amazing product, just needed to clarify if I misunderstood anything). Turns out the store made a mistake on the sales tag (only some colors were on sale but they were not able to find out which one), so when I was going to the check out again and ready to pay the full price they ended up giving it to me for FREE (it's like an apology for misleading the customer) WHAT...? Either it was my pure luck, or complete fate, I will be loyal to this eyeliner for ever. Sorry other brands, after years and years of trying out all the eyeliners, there hasn't been one that I could be loyal to, now I'm officially "off the market" for eyeliners lol.

PS: The packaging is as good as MAC eyeliners, definitely high-end quality. Also I'm switching to "non-toxic" makeups, which makes it even harder for me to find a perfect eyeliner. This is also harsh chemical free, so hands down the HD eyeliner for me.