October 1, 2014 | 1089 users online

Eyeliner - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by iloveGOSH

I found the black one in my moms makeup bag, and I secretly put it on... And I loved it! It glides oh so smoothly on my eyelids. I have to say, it's my favourite one, since all the other scratched my eyelids, were to dull, or had a crayon-like texture. I also got my mom to buy the white one for me, I haven't opened it yet, but I'm keeping it fresh in my fridge for a special occasion! I also love the matte packaging, and I think it's definitely worth the money! I got mine in Shoppers Drug Mart (canada), and they have such amazing products!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by organized

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smudges like crazy on me (Black color). I bought it because I'd heard this one is smudgeproof, but it didn't turn out that way for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a purple shade and it is a nice soft eyeliner. It does crumble a bit visibly on my skin though and when I sharpen it, even when making a point not to sharpen too much it usually breaks off because it is soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by shoma2k

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading numerous reviews on this hard to find product, after about a long times search, I managed to get hold of this eyeliner. I have to say I was very excited before I got the product, but after I received it, I was just as disappointed. The pigmentation isn't all that dark for the black ink eyeliner. On top of that it doesn't last more than a few hours, forget about the entire day. Getting such great reviews here and reading articles that its budgeproof, it didn't turn out to do so for me. I've been a makeup artist for over 25+ years, and have to say it didn't even turn out to be as expected from reading several reviews. Disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own this in Truly Brown, because I wanted a brown pencil liner since I have so many black liquid liners in my stash already. NEW HOLY GRAIL PENCIL. It's the creamiest and smoothest formula I ever tried. I don't need to spend a lot of effort to line my eyes in the morning with this baby. And it's practically budgeproof and smudgeproof which is very important.

One swipe of this baby, instant color payoff so I don't even need to layer this on at all! I have not tried this eyeliner on the waterline because I no longer wear eyeliner on my waterline due to sensitive eyes. (I do use highlighting liners on the inner corners to brighten my eyes)

It is a little pricey for a drugstore eyeliner, but hey...I'm paying for a good quality eyeliner that I like. I wouldn't really consider this drugstore brand though since my local drugstores don't actually carry this, and it's the high street stores that carry this brand.

Definitely repurchasing and prolly other colors too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own 3 GOSH eyeliners all 3 in a different shade of green.
Lemon Soda
Woody Green
Alligator
The color payoff is fantastic.
These are excellent quality for waterproof drugstore eyeliners.
I can never find them in my neighborhood. I scored these 3 at Walgreens in Las Vegas last year.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Emmiloves

For the price, I would say these are one of the best drugstore eyeliners on the market. I have bought them in three colours although my favorite has to be black. Assuming you don't lose the lid (mine has dried up a bit) these glide on really nicely. On the top lid my eyeliner stays on all night, however waterline staying power is only good with the black. With the green and blue shades I purchased they smudged quite a bit on the waterline, therefore I will give 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had to rush home to write a positive review about this eyeliner (I got the black ink). WOW.... amazing staying power, I mean "AMAZING"! All the girls who can not live without eyeliners, go to get one right now otherwise you are missing out big time. I'm definitely an eyeliner girl and there is not even one time I did my makeup without a black eyeliner. But all black eyeliners either smudges to a raccoon eye or disappears before I check in the mirror (I tired pretty much every eyeliner from every brand, highend to drugstore) , this one OMG, whole day since 10am I bought it till 6pm I just got home, stays put like I just put it on.

After reading all the glory reviews about GOSH velvet touch eyeliner before, I decided to buy it today. When I saw the $7CAD sales tag I was even more excited to buy it, but at the check out it still appears the full price at $12, so I talked to the sale assistant to make sure if they got the right price (don't get me wrong, I would still pay full price even double the price for this amazing product, just needed to clarify if I misunderstood anything). Turns out the store made a mistake on the sales tag (only some colors were on sale but they were not able to find out which one), so when I was going to the check out again and ready to pay the full price they ended up giving it to me for FREE (it's like an apology for misleading the customer) WHAT...? Either it was my pure luck, or complete fate, I will be loyal to this eyeliner for ever. Sorry other brands, after years and years of trying out all the eyeliners, there hasn't been one that I could be loyal to, now I'm officially "off the market" for eyeliners lol.

PS: The packaging is as good as MAC eyeliners, definitely high-end quality. Also I'm switching to "non-toxic" makeups, which makes it even harder for me to find a perfect eyeliner. This is also harsh chemical free, so hands down the HD eyeliner for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by kategrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMFG!!!! HG eyeliner right here. I have Hypnotic Grey and Natural. Hypnotic grey is a beautiful dark grey that is an extremely wearable colour for everyday. It compliments my dark brown eyes. I wear it in the corner of my eyes so like a bit on my top lash line and a bit on my bottom (not in my waterline) if you know what I mean. I used to wear natural when my skin was extremely fair but now that I have a tan it can't be seen is it is a very light light brown. I am going to buy Truly Brown and Funky Violet which is a browny reddish purple. So excited to try those. The formula is extremely creamy so I never have to pull or tug when putting it on, in fact I hardly have to touch my eyelid with the pencil. It gives a great colour pay off, just one line gives me a beautiful grey. I would recommend this to anyone and the colour options are amazing, there are 25 colour choices in my store (however I do live in Denmark where the brand originates from) Yeah so basically it is the best pencil i have tried, much better than highenders e.g. UD 24/7

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I am rather picky about eyeliners. My former favorite was Revlon Colorstay, which had great staying power but was dry and tugged at my eyelids during application. Rimmel Scandaleyes was much cheaper than Colorstay, more pigmented and much softer, but it was TOO soft because I burned through half a pencil in a month! Scandaleyes also had a lot of shimmery shades which weren't really toned-down or work-appropriate enough for me.

Gosh's Velvet Touch eyeliner was the perfect intermediate. The pencil was soft enough that it applied easily without tugging at my skin, but it was also hard enough that it didn't melt with every use like Scandaleyes. I got the shade Truly Brown and it had a deep, rich, matte finish (as the name implies). Worn over a primer, it lasted ALL DAY with very minimal fading and no smudging. I was really impressed because I have hooded eyes and oily skin, so most eyeliners tend to smudge in some way on me.

The only con was that it's about $12 in New York City, which makes it more expensive than Colorstay (around $9) and Scandaleyes (around $5-6). Still, it is literally the PERFECT everyday eyeliner for me so I think it's worth every cent. I'm planning on returning to pick up the black, a backup of the brown, and maybe check out the other colors as well.