Kiss Me Green Mascara

2.8

on 8/2/2007 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm giving this mascara three lippies for going outside the box within its first few color chouces- I am so sick to death of having the choice between black and black/brown! It is a bit of a fuggy shade though, sort of khaki-like. What I do appreciate about the shade is that it is subtle yet defining. I look like I have eyelashes (!) without looking like I am wearing mascara. I have brown eyes and usually go for smoky look, toned way down for daytime. I have both the brown and the green shades, and I probably wear them both equally (with the green for daytime and brown at night for the more dramatic effects).

I think the price is extremely for being the innovation that it is, especially if you compare the brand's performance compared to the high-end brands. (You can usually find it on eBay for $16-$18 US- that's where I got mine.

Blinc could do with updating the brush bristle shape to give even more perfect lash definition. Currently, you only have 60 seconds to break up any clumps; combing through a dry clump will break the integrity of the tubes and you'll get flaking.

I love the packaging- anything that comes in a container you can recycle into a sturdy, secure storage container for tiny, easily lost items is totally cool (not to mention GREEN); think matches or toothpicks for camping, ear studs or Q-tips on trips.

I will definitely never use another brand of mascara on a regular basis again, and it will be fun to try any new shades that come out. I'm hoping for light charcoal, dark glossy wine, deep sea teal, dark cardinal red? I love being different.

on 7/9/2007 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

it just didn't show up at all on my dark lashes...won't be buying it again.

I love Kiss me mascara the only mascara I have ever been able to use with my contact lens. Bare naked lashes for years! But Kiss me? what is this color? it is not a dark green it is a light olive green. Ugly.

on 5/3/2006 12:19:00 PM

I don't see all the hype with this mascara! I have OK lashes to begin with- nothing great, but not horrible either- this clumped them together into a Liza-esque spider lash look. they were longer, for sure, but it looked like there was only 6 of them. and the color did nothing for me- I got it based on the one review but found it way too light. It goes on a little less bright than on the wand but still not dark enough.

Full Size Image

on 3/27/2006 1:38:00 PM

I love this green mascara! It looks great paired with Golden Olive pigment. This is a nice shade of green, not too bright and with the teeniest hint of brown. I would imagine this would look great on hazel eyed gals. I like how it makes my eye lashes look very defined, long and super glossy. I really hate dull lashes ~that's one of my biggest pet peeves and that's why I love Kiss Me. It always makes my lashes look super glossy almost wet! :o) This stuff doesn't move or budge at ALL due to the tubal formula so it can get a little stiff by the end of the day but it's worth it for me because it doesn't flake or smudge at all! even after a night of dancing in a hot & sweaty nightclub, lol. When it slides off it can be a little scary because it all comes off in one clump. Enjoy! :o) You will love this stuff! it's very unique.

Popular Mascaras