April 17, 2014 | 1424 users online

Shampoo - Aphogee - Shampoo for Damaged Hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This seems like a very gentle, moisturising shampoo and it works a treat on my oily scalp, dry end, thinning, fine, coloured hair. I use it once a week followed by the two minute conditioner and don't need to follow with any product. It lathers very well so you only need a tiny amount. It doesn't leave any residue and I am happy with the ingredients. I can't say how my hair looks and feels without the two min conditioner as I haven't tried it without, but the combined result (after a blow dry) is sleek, shiny hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by pkruse

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged hair is great for my hair!!!! I have fine, thin hair (that is single process colored) and this is the best shampoo I have ever found for my hair. I also use the Aphogee Leave-In Hair Conditioner (both available @ Sally's Beauty Supply). These leave my fine, thin hair with plenty of volume & shine.

I have tried so may hair products over the years but this shampoo & conditioner works the best for my thin, fine hair. It does not weigh down my hair (like other products do) so it leaves me with more volume. See my review of Fructis Curl Shaping Gel for the rest of the info on how to get fine, thin hair to look great.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by MissEmpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As someone else said, it is just like any other shampoo.

I have come to my own conclusion that shampoo's MAIN and only job perhaps, is to clean your hair. It is hair soap.

If you want softness, strength and all these other amazing things, you need to look to conditioners and the stuff you leave-in your hair AFTER washing it. But I truly feel like shampoos promising miracles are just marketing hype as all it is supposed to do is make your hair clean.

With that said, this shampoo is okay, but nothing to write about. I actually prefer the moisturizing shampoo in the line as it is a lot less drying than this one. Same clean, without the dryness. As for strengthening my hair? I doubt the shampoo alone can do that, but you probably need the whole line for that (which I pretty much have and that's for another review).

I won't purchase this again as I feel it is no more special than any other and I have other shampoos I prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by 23rdjaxter

I have died my hair several times, and have spent the last year growing my hair out, being nice to it, doing a lot of treatments etc. I bought this shampoo at Sally, and I really like it. My hair was kind of red from taking the black out of it (I'm a brunette) and I noticed my hair got less red, and darker after a few days of using this shampoo. I think it's very gentle, and makes my hair feel healthy. i would recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by thehfxgrrl

I have relaxed hair and this product left my hair tangled, fragile and difficult to comb. I've used this product twice and I do not think it is such a great product for African hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Beautified16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair loves this product.... it doesnt leave my hair feeling stripped at all. i use all the other products in the line and it works well for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this shampoo because it left my hair squeaky clean after washing it and as a woman of color with relaxed hair this means that my hair was dehydrated, unmanageable and not soft. However, despite this fact I continued to use this shampoo because I was dedicated to using the Aphogee line of products to stop my hair from shedding; however, when my hair began to shed more from using this product because it stripped my hair of it's nutrients, so I stop using this and mostl of Aphogee products and went back to my beloved Nexxus products (and my hair has loved me for it, has stopped shedding, and is finally growing).

This product has good word of mouth and probably works well for most people but it just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ShelovesDetroit

This is actually a review for Aphogee Deep Moisture Shampoo. This product is phenomenal. As a woman of color, I was astounded at the results of using this product. I was 3 weeks overdue for a relaxer and shampooed my hair because it needed it. After washing and conditioning with Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor, I will not be returning to the salon for a very long time. The results are similiar to that of my beautician and with this economy these products are helping me save hundreds each month.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by xfinchxstarx

I really love this shampoo. I have long, color treated, badly damaged hair that I blowdry and straighten every day and this shampoo leaves my hair soft and silky! I use this only once a week, and follow with the 2-minute reconstructor and my hair looks great and I have significantly less breakage. This could be leaving people's hair dry because of the protein in it, but my hair LOVES and needs protein so it works well with my hair. I also like the smell- reminds me of orange candy, but that could just be me. I really can't say enough about the aphogee line, I have recently started using almost their whole line of products and my hair hasn't felt this great since I was a kid.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This is a product that I used to see how much stronger it could make my hair become. I do have hair that is naturally very dry and is frizz prone. So, when I started using it my hair wasn't really broken off, however I did feel that because it is geared towards reparing the hair that it would only help to make my hair even stronger than it was before I started using the product.

I must say that this product is okay. I found it to be not as moisturizing as Aphogee's Deep Moisture Shampoo (which I love!). And, I didn't feel that it is highly strengthening at all. So, because I have found a shampoo in the Aphogee line that I find to be more hydrating and strenghtening to my hair, I probably won't end up buying this shampoo again.