Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair

3.7

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Oleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride, Glycol Distearate,Panthenol, Fragrance, Lecithin, Polyquaternium-10, Hydrolyzed Whole Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Collagen, Butyl Stearate,Oleoyl Sarcosinate, Sesame Oil, Lanolin Alcohol, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride,Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, FD&C Red #40.

on 3/19/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff works great!! I have fallen in love with the Aphogee line - it started with the 2 Step Protein treatment, after I ravaged and ruined my hair with dye. Then I tried the 2 minute Keratin reconstructor - loved that as well, so I decided to try the shampoo.

It's awesome!! This is the first time I have used shampoo that does just what's supposed to - clean your hair, but not leave it stripped! It leaves your natural hair balance in place, while still making it clean! It;s amazing! Before when I used to wash my hair, it would take a day or two before it would regain a bit of 'hardness', it was almost too slippery and stripped of everything for a day or two. Not with this product - my hair feel way, way more balanced. Yes, some people may complain that it leaves their hair oily after a day or two, but they don't really understand the point of this product is not to completely screw up the chemistry of the scalp! So yes you're able to wash your hair a little more often with this (sometimes a blessing), as it does not take days to recover from the other harsh shampoos.

I've honestly never used anything like it. My hair is so, so soooo shiny after using it!

The whole aphogee product line is not concerned with fancy packaging, or marketing..because, it just simply works.

Highly recommend.

on 7/14/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think it is important to fully explain the state of my hair before using this product.(If you have 0 patience, skip down a couple paragraphs to get to the gist of the product!) I have been coloring my hair for 10 years now. I'm 22 and have always had to have short hair, around shoulders or shorter because my hair was always so damaged from coloring/highlighting/the works. Well recently, I've decided that I really really want to grow my hair out so the bright red I was using to color my hair with (Ion Demi 6rc), I had to get rid of and get my color as close to my natural shade as possible (dark strawberry blondish).

So I ended up stripping my hair 2x, then coloring dark ash blonde (turned hair toooo dark and i don't know why I chose a color to counteract the red tones that I desperately want) so I stripped again (I first used Color Oops Xtra strength, then Ion Color Corrector for the following times). Basically, I stripped my hair about 5 times in 4 or so days to finally get it to a beautiful shade of dark strawberry blonde.

Suffice to say my hair was in tragic condition. The ends and parts where I had highlighted months and months ago were like wet hay and dry it just looked fluffy and brittle. Normally, at this point I would cry and force myself to get a hair cut but REALLY i REALLY want long hair!

So, I hurried to sallys and bought Aphogee Shampoo For Damaged Hair (8.49). The picture above features a white plain bottle, the one I have is a pearly white with purple font. The front highlights several key factors:
Gentle Cleansing
Restores Shine
Helps Strengthen Hair (yay!!)
Normalizes pH

The back of the bottle lists a bunch of this and that about all the wonders this bottle harbors. The liquid itself is very thick, smells like flat orange soda, and lathers nicely.
I entered the shower with hope. I wet my hair with COLD water, (yes its a pain in the ass but hair& heat = not a fun time) and then lathered up.

now this next part may be key so take note, earlier in another bout of hair crisis, I purchased Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor (8.49$ both large 16oz bottles).
I applied the Reconstructor to my hair, fully saturated, and let sit for 2-5 min.

**After again rinsing in cold water, I applied Biotera Ultra Moisturizing Conditioner, 8.99 and several drops of one n only Argan oil and let sit under hair cap for an hour, my new fav conditioning process**

At the end of all this, my hair is MAGNIFICENT. literally 3 days ago, I washed my hair and all these short bits would be on my palms or shoulders, i.e. breakage. That had been going on long before the stripping disaster. I now see NO as in ZERO bits of hair. none. nada. I even strain water out of my hair pulling a bit on the ends just to test it, again, NOTHING.

ALL IN ALL, this is an amazing product. the results were never this amazing with just the reconstructor so I say it is the team effort that gives fab results. I say buy buy buy. HOWEVER keep in mind, my hair was devastated thus needing deep protein nourishment. This may not be the case with yours. Even now, I only plan to use this combo once a week or as needed. It is a line meant for hair thats been through hell and back so approach with awareness!!!

This seems like a very gentle, moisturising shampoo and it works a treat on my oily scalp, dry end, thinning, fine, coloured hair. I use it once a week followed by the two minute conditioner and don't need to follow with any product. It lathers very well so you only need a tiny amount. It doesn't leave any residue and I am happy with the ingredients. I can't say how my hair looks and feels without the two min conditioner as I haven't tried it without, but the combined result (after a blow dry) is sleek, shiny hair.

on 1/30/2011 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged hair is great for my hair!!!! I have fine, thin hair (that is single process colored) and this is the best shampoo I have ever found for my hair. I also use the Aphogee Leave-In Hair Conditioner (both available @ Sally's Beauty Supply). These leave my fine, thin hair with plenty of volume & shine.

I have tried so may hair products over the years but this shampoo & conditioner works the best for my thin, fine hair. It does not weigh down my hair (like other products do) so it leaves me with more volume. See my review of Fructis Curl Shaping Gel for the rest of the info on how to get fine, thin hair to look great.

on 7/29/2010 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

As someone else said, it is just like any other shampoo.

I have come to my own conclusion that shampoo's MAIN and only job perhaps, is to clean your hair. It is hair soap.

If you want softness, strength and all these other amazing things, you need to look to conditioners and the stuff you leave-in your hair AFTER washing it. But I truly feel like shampoos promising miracles are just marketing hype as all it is supposed to do is make your hair clean.

With that said, this shampoo is okay, but nothing to write about. I actually prefer the moisturizing shampoo in the line as it is a lot less drying than this one. Same clean, without the dryness. As for strengthening my hair? I doubt the shampoo alone can do that, but you probably need the whole line for that (which I pretty much have and that's for another review).

I won't purchase this again as I feel it is no more special than any other and I have other shampoos I prefer.

on 6/11/2010 10:15:00 PM

I have died my hair several times, and have spent the last year growing my hair out, being nice to it, doing a lot of treatments etc. I bought this shampoo at Sally, and I really like it. My hair was kind of red from taking the black out of it (I'm a brunette) and I noticed my hair got less red, and darker after a few days of using this shampoo. I think it's very gentle, and makes my hair feel healthy. i would recommend it.

on 6/9/2010 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have relaxed hair and this product left my hair tangled, fragile and difficult to comb. I've used this product twice and I do not think it is such a great product for African hair.

on 1/26/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

My hair loves this product.... it doesnt leave my hair feeling stripped at all. i use all the other products in the line and it works well for me.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I didn't like this shampoo because it left my hair squeaky clean after washing it and as a woman of color with relaxed hair this means that my hair was dehydrated, unmanageable and not soft. However, despite this fact I continued to use this shampoo because I was dedicated to using the Aphogee line of products to stop my hair from shedding; however, when my hair began to shed more from using this product because it stripped my hair of it's nutrients, so I stop using this and mostl of Aphogee products and went back to my beloved Nexxus products (and my hair has loved me for it, has stopped shedding, and is finally growing).

This product has good word of mouth and probably works well for most people but it just didn't work for me.

This is actually a review for Aphogee Deep Moisture Shampoo. This product is phenomenal. As a woman of color, I was astounded at the results of using this product. I was 3 weeks overdue for a relaxer and shampooed my hair because it needed it. After washing and conditioning with Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor, I will not be returning to the salon for a very long time. The results are similiar to that of my beautician and with this economy these products are helping me save hundreds each month.

Popular Shampoos