Bain de Terre Lemongrass Volumizing Shampoo

4.4

on 7/29/2010 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This product smells really nice, adds "some" volume, but the product is really hard to rinse out maybe because of my thin hair. So i finish blow-drying my hair to realize it still has product in it and i have to wash again. Aside from that its pretty good :)

on 1/24/2007 10:13:00 AM

This was an okay shampoo for my hair. It did add a little volume and the smell is great. But overall in comparison with other volumizing shampoos I've used it didn't work much better or much worse. It's pretty average. I have fine hair but not thin hair and it has some color in it. I don't think I would buy again.

on 12/30/2006 2:22:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This didn't work on my hair but I LOVE it as a body wash. It has such a light fresh scent so hard to find in other body washes. BUT it may be too drying for some as a body wash. I havenít used it in cold weather yet. (Hasnít been really cold here) But I would still use it as I donít have a problem with very dry skin, and just follow with a good moisturizer because of how it makes my skin feel (improved texture) and smells so good.ADDED: I found it is a bit drying as a body wash in the winter so I mix it with a little unscented creamy body wash or I rub in an unscented hair conditioner (some make great body moisturizers) all over, either before or after using the Bain de Terre. This way I still get that great scent I love but not the drying. I wish they made a conditioner in the same lemon grass scent.

on 4/22/2006 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this shampoo for a few years now. A staple in my shower. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! I have very thin, fine hair that I have to keep cut short just to keep a style. So fine in fact that I have never had a need to use a conditioner, weighs it down terribly. In fact even most shampoos that I have ever tried weigh it down. But not this shampoo. Costs around $8.00 or so, but well worth it. As long as they continue to make it, I will buy it.

on 3/26/2006 1:09:00 PM

I think I might have found my HG. The only problem I can discern with this shampoo is that you need a lot of it. And it's not cheap. Apart from that, this is the most delicious smelling, clean, volumizing but by no means drying, luxurious shampoo I have ever tried. It really doesn't dry out or damage your hair (and I have dry/damaged hair), but it does add some nice oomph. Did I mention how amazing it smells? Lemongrass and jasmine (drool). I'm going back to this after less than sensational experiences with moisturizing shampoos (all weigh down my hair). I'll leave moisture up to my conditioner and go back to this fabulous shampoo.

Popular Shampoos