April 18, 2014 | 1784 users online

Blush - MAC - Sweet as Cocoa

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sweet as cocoa is a warm, reddish brown blush with golden shimmer. It looks absolutely gorgeous on my NC50 skin. I love the fact that this blush is so versatile. You can wear it with any makeup look. I've tried it with smokey eyes/ nude lip combo as well as neutral eyes and bold lips and it works fabulously with both. It's not an overpowering blush, but, can be build able. I'm usually not an everyday blush wearer, but, for special occasions this is the blush I usually reach for to complete my look. It gives such a beautiful, warm glow to my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I had a gift voucher to use up, and I had been eyeing the MAC blushes in the hopes of finding a more 'dramatic' Sunbasque.

I was sure this was going to be too dark, or look too much like a bronzer on me, but my sister liked it the best of the swatches I'd shown her, so I got it.

OMG this is so gorgeous. It's fairly shimmery (the shimmer level reminds me of MAC Breezy), but it doesn't look over the top or frosty, and it doesn't make my face seem greasy looking. The colour is hard to describe, it's got a rose gold shimmer on a sort of burgundy base and depending on how much you sheer it out it can look browner or redder. Too my eyes it's neutral toned, the shimmer gives warmth, but the base is cooler toned. I think it would work for most people.

I can definitely build it up to something very bold, but I was surprised how easily I could work this into a look where the blush isn't the main focus. I'm so glad I got this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by giftfromvirgo23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Brandylicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

LOVE this blush!! I'm a NC45 (caramel complexion) and was using MAC Love Thing for my blush. Love thing is a gorgeous maroon shade. This color, however, is a more natural, cocoa shade with a small amount of shimmer, which adds a beautiful highlight to my cheeks. I get compliments on how fabulous my makeup looks whenever I'm wearing this shade! I always buy them 2 at a time! All time favorite MAC item!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Sp0ntaneous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this blush. I'm an NW 48 and 9.0 in mac matchmaster and this gives my skin a beautiful glow and looks so beautiful and does not look overbearing. Love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Wow!!!!! I don't know why I waited sooo long to play with this gem. I usually reach for Bobbi Brown Matte bronzer as a blush when wearing red or deep berry lippies. I've SAC for awhile but couldn't figure out what to pair it up with so it just sat. Today I wanted to wear one of my MAC retro mattes in "relentlessly red" and I didn't want to go for usual standby. I had a chocolate brown kohl smudged around my eyes and the red lippie. Against my NC45 skintone this blush brought the whole look together. My lips are still still the standout but my cheeks didn't look flat. Translated on my skin it shows up as
a nice rosy/bronzy flush with a glow. With the shimmer it doesn't make my skin look like a disco ball. Another added bonus I can see this shade working with my more intense eye looks and lippies. Glad I finally ultilized this blush shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Makdrizz08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite blush of all time. My bestfriend actually introduced this color to me. I am an NW45 or NC50 depending on the time of year. This blush is my go to everyday blush. It's described as a brown with pearl which is true but it is a warm red brown that gives you a glow with a nice shimmer. It's a perfect natural looking blush for when you just want to warm your face up. I wear it with all my makeup looks. I have repurchased this and will continue to do so. I love this blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this blush is NOT overrated! It really is beautiful and brown-girl friendly. Smokey yet multi-dimensional, it is that rare "dark" color that can be worn all year long. A definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful blush. I was hesitant to buy this because I hate shimmer on my cheeks. I bought it anyway and I'm thrilled I did. I've been wearing it everyday. It gives my NW45 cheeks at light warm glow. I'm in love with it. Some people use it got contouring but I won't because of the shimmer. Beautiful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by BonjourMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush so much! It gives my face the warmth that's perfect for my skin tone. It is a blush but works like a 3-in-1 (blush, bronzer and highlighter). It has shimmers in it to give you a nice glow but it is also in the brown side so it gives a shadow when placed close to the hollow of the cheekbones. I do find that this needs a bit of blending and it's VERY pigmented so make sure to tap off the excess from your brush or swirl it on the back of your hands first before applying to your cheeks. Overall, it's a great buy and perfect for warming up my face.