December 20, 2014 | 1176 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Colorama - 5-day Color - Cocoa Motion

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by laneblack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

beautiful cranberry/plum-soft brown color. bought after reading MUA reviews. thank you! with one coat it looks more cranberry. 2 coats it looks more plum. looks great on hands and feet. would buy again. polish chipped after 2 days so suggest adding a 2nd top coat to make mani last a little longer.

Update:
***Just found out this color is discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by coutureisqueen

It was so cheap! I was looking for a deep cranberry/plummy color and this seemed a dark plummy brown. I think it looks more brown in some lights and more purpley in others. I like the subtle shimmer. It chips on the tips for me soon after application but I do type a lot! :P Other than that I notice nothing special about the staying power from other polishes. I do love the tiny, slim and cute bottle though! And I love the name-"Cocoa Motion!"

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2006 11:34:00 PM More reviews by sabregoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the only nail polishes that I have felt sexier after applying. It is a fabulous raisin color that could lean toward goth but has more of a 1940s or a Chanel Vamp feel to it. Though it never lasts me five days and takes a while to dry, you can't get any better as far as drug store polishes go color-wise. You can't beat the price either ($0.97)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2006 1:05:00 PM More reviews by supko

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Cocoa Motion is deepest purple-brown (definitely "raisin" as the reviewer below says) with pink shimmer/sparkle. This looks like a creme with a subtle glimmer in indoor light, and only shows as metallic/frost in brighter lights. The tone is a little muted, and I would categorize it in the 'cool' range. I haven't seen a color like this yet in drugstore or common salon brands -- it might be closest to Essie Martini Cocoa, or at least in the same color family.
The base color is pretty similar to the dark brown M&Ms, which are that cool dark chocolate brown -- those are my favorite so maybe that's why I like this color so much :P

The color applies pretty smoothly, but the brush for this polish is just too wide. That's usually OK for sheer colors, but for this vampy tone it's too inconvenient to work with.
4-5 days later and I only have some wear on the tips (granted, I'm not that hard on my hands lately). I applied this over Revlon Top Speed Base Coat and under Sally Hansen Mega Shine topcoat. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2006 9:42:00 AM More reviews by fenestra

Grrrrowwwwlll!!! I'm really digging this color. It's in reality more of a raisin than a cocoa (or perhaps a chocolate-covered raisin?)with a very slight purple shimmer. I can see how this could go anywhere from goth to posh and would work for most skin tones. I am a PPP (I believe that is the appropriate alliterative acronym) and it could definitely swing towards the goth end with me but, in my work clothes, it looks a lot more upmarket. I love these little gems! They go on smooth and even and they're only $.97 a piece!