December 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - i-Shimmer Retractable Pencil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by xxmakeuplover123xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a light brown, shimmery color (not sure what the actual shade name is). I'm always willing to try wet 'n' wild products because of the prices, although I wasn't expecting much.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. I wore this to a party and it lasted for 6 hours, and it looked good too - it's not very intense so you can use it as a shadow as well.

Overall, I would buy! It adds a nice sparkle to a simple eye, and it's very cheap. :) I'm going to try this in other colors!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

This eyeliner is pretty good. You really have to apply a lot for it to show up, but it stays on all day. The glitter isn't really that bad. Overall, a great eyeliner and it's cheap, too!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ut0pia88

I don't recommend this to ANYONE!! It's sooo bad. It is so dry that it's impossible to have a smooth application, it's actually hard to have any application at all. It also breaks very easily if you try to use force. It's just a huge miss don't buy it, it's cheap but I wouldn't get it even if it was free.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by chesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I echo jiney17's sentiments here. Complete and utter crap. While carrying it to my bathroom, completely unwrapped, the smudger/sharpener end fell off. Bad ju-ju but it's WnW so I expected it. I couldn't get it to show. Not even after warming. All I could get was a few glitter flakes. I didn't know this was glitter, partly my fault for not paying attention to the name and not discerning the faint glitter sparkles on the cap (bad CVS lighting). Not even worth $1.99. Just don't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a dark black pencil that applies easily and has silver glitter you can see (without being scratchy), but not so much glitter it's over-the-top. It has a blender on one end, too. The only downside is the wear: I have to set this with powder to get it to last all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like these eyeliners. I have the teal and black ones. They last forever on and look great. They don't smudge. But my biggest and only gripe is the glitter fallout. Unless you like glitter all around your eyes, I wouldn't get these.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had just the opposite experience as the other reviewer. The texture is sort of hard and dry but not overly so. Just place the tip between your fingers and roll to warm slightly and soften. These do take a little more effort to apply but I didn't have major problems w/tugging or pulling. They went on smoothly and lasted all day w/no smudging, streaking, skipping or running. I paid $1.99 for these e/l pencils which is dirt cheap. They come in the typical self sharpening pencil case w/a smudger on the end. I would definitely repurchase these items.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 12:18:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Why I write reviews: to inform, so others will learn from my impulsive purchases and avoid wasting their money on things that either don't do anything, don't do what they claim to do, or even make things worse. And I am informing you all to stay away from these new shimmer eyeliners by Wet'n'Wild. They will look all cute sitting there in that endcap display, and the low, low pricetag will lure you, but no, keep your money in your wallet--these are pure crap-ola.

I got the blue color (I don't know the name/number as it was written on the plastic wrapper, which I threw away); it looked like it would be a soft, pastel blue, somewhere between French and sky, and I've been developing a strange passion for blue eyeliner lately. The color is actually a very light, boring, baby blue on me (LLL/yellow undertones).

The texture is awful--extremely dry and hard. It's like trying to rub a crayon onto your lids (I think the crayon would actually deposit more color, though). It took a good amount of rubbing to get a decent line of solid color going. Very bad since it makes you tug at your delicate eye area repeatedly. I didn't even attempt to use this on my lower lids. The pale silver shimmer in this is very, very fine, which is actually a Good Thing. In my experience with this type of pencil (Rimmel, LORAC), the glitter tends to be chunky and will definitely find its way into my eye. But the fineness of the shimmer also means that it's hardly visible, which makes this pencil rather pointless overall. I usually give away random DG stuff that I don't like, but I think this one will be going directly into the garbage. continued >>