October 23, 2014 | 2070 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Surf Hair Texture Paste

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by merrittmollie

When I was little, my mom would double French braid my hair for me. She would put this in my hair when it was still damp and braid my hair. It held every strand into place, but the best part was the waves. The paste made my waves more defined. I still use the same method today to get beautiful waves. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by schipper713

I use the surf wax to make my hair wavy. With wet hair, I flip my head over and with a quarter sized amount, I scrunch it into my hair. Then I diffuse it if it is in the winter or put it in a messy bun if it is the summer. I let it dry and when I undo the bun, I have gorgeous waves.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Aylapc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Really does nothing for your hair. My hair is a little longer than shoulder length and all it did was make my hair greasy. Will definitely store this in the back of my closet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've actually had this for a while now because I just wasn't sure if this works. If I add this to my hair when its wet and air dry it, it makes it super unruly, if I blow dry my hair with this in it, it makes it so thick and stiff I cant get a brush through it.
I learned quickly that a small dab of this stuff goes a super long way.

So then I switched to only really putting it in to add texture when I curl my hair or if I air dry it, adding a small dab to to my hair AFTER its dried completely. All it really does it dry out my hair, I have naturally wavy hair so this just makes it thicker...like a lion's mane, which is great, I guess. But it doesn't do thing for frizz and frankly...what's the point of having surf hair if its going to be all fuzzy? Meh. I'm done with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is interesting. I don't think "Surf" is really the correct name - that implies it acts like a salt spray does, and gives you that shaggy surfer hair. It doesn't - it gives you soft waves.

It's dirt cheap where I live, and smells amazing. I read the reviews on here before using, so knew to apply to wet hair and use very little to achieve the best effect. And it really does make my hair choppy and wavy and pretty trendy looking.

I've noticed it slows down the drying time though, and I don't think it would work as well on long hair, as the difference wouldn't be as dramatic. But on shoulder length layered hair like mine, it does make a big difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff works pretty dang good for me. It smells good, like all garnier products. I like that all their products have the same scent, so there's no clashing. This paste gives me texture and makes my hair look thicker, great for those days when my hair isn't doing what I want. Be careful though, because if you overdo it, your hair will be greasy and have no shine. I would definitely purchase it again as long as I have short hair, because I don't think it will work with long hair that well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by rottenbanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I very seldom like any hair product enough to need to buy more. But I'm almost out! I think the people who have not liked this may have the wrong hair type. I don't think this would work well on hair longer than shoulder length, or hair that is fine. Mine is almost to my shoulders, wavy and thick and course. I like to use this on days that I plan to air-dry. I wait until it's damp, and clip it into sections. I coat 1" strands with a dab of surf paste and twist until each section is finished. Then I top it with a few spritzes of hairspray. It drys wavy and defined, with a little bit of volume. I like how this does not look greasy like some wax and pomade type products do. It doesn't dry crunchy either unless you use way too much. Plus it smells nice. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tons of fine, naturally wavy hair, and this is the perfect product for creating messy, texture-y, bed head-y hair for me. I used to use TIGI Bedhead Manipulator, but I find this works just as well and smells better and costs about 1/3 of the price. I would say be careful not to use too much though, or it will weigh hair down. I use about a dime-nickel sized amount (I have a chin length bob) and make sure to warm it up by rubbing it in my palms before smoothing it through my hair and letting it air dry. HG status for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunkie14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with the wavy, gorgeously- messy style. Since I have a natural red, completely straight hair, I sometimes find it boring and often try wavy styles. Since I don't want to use a curling iron too often, I often sleep with braids, and I get my waves in the morning. The only problem was that it didn't last long, and mousses and hair sprays were certainly not on my favorite list, I was searching for a product that would shape and hold the waves.
While being on a holiday in Greece, I noticed Garnier Fructis Style Texturising Paste, promising to give hair a wavy, beach surf look, with a medium hold, which I found great, because I hate too strong, sticky hair sprays and mousses. I saw the video on Garnier's website and I fell in love with the texture this product promised to give.
I purchased the product, for about 6 euros, which is not too expensive. It came in a green, 150ml green pot with a yellow lid. The paste in a creamy white color, not too greasy and also easy to wash. And the smell- I have tried dozens of styling products and this one has an absolutely fabulous, unique fruity smell. Little does a long way, so if not applying too much, the product won't make your hair sticky. It didn't work very well with making waves itself, but when curling my hair with the braid method, it certainly made my waves wonderful and they lasted for the whole day. My hair wasn't sticky nor heavy, it looked natural beautiful, an of course, it smelled awesome.
I recommend this product. Maybe it won't curl the totally straight hair, but it gives a good, non-sticky, natural hold and helps styling curls and waves effectively.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by apk2

I don't know how to use this product yet.. i spent last night and all of today trying to figure out how to use this stuff. I have straight long hair (up to my waist) that doesnt scrunch and frizzes a lot. I've washed my hair out twice because i ended up screwing it up and making it a sticky mess. Is that how it's supposed to be? i dont think so... haha i'm laughing at myself because I really wanna like this product so if anyone has any idea what i can use it for it'd really help. I was hoping this product would give me hair that looks similar to ke$ha's in her tik tok video.. but with straighter hair. i don't know if that makes sense if anyone has any idea lol pm me =)