April 23, 2014 | 1832 users online

Toners - Laura Mercier - Perfecting Water - Rich

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

*UPDATE* 2/11/2014
I've been using this product for 7+ months now. Even though it is pricey, it lasts a long time. I apply it pretty liberally and still have 3/4 of the bottle left. I would say don't let the price deter you if you really want it, because it lasts forever. However, I don't personally recommend it anymore because I just don't think it did anything. It's nice to spray on and there was definitely a factor of adding something totally different to my routine that made me like it more. It was "exciting" to do it because I had never used a spray/mist. After using it for around 7 months I think I can give an honest review and frankly--I believe it's glorified water (but I wanted sooo bad to love it! I even bought it for a friend for her bday because I was so excited about it at first). I wanted to use up the bottle but it is taking too long so I am now venturing out to other toners. After lots of research I have purchased Thayer's Witch Hazel and Rose Petal Toner and I can't wait to review it! It's totally natural, no alcohol, and you can actually read everything on the ingredient list.

*ORIGINAL REVIEW* 12/6/2013
I think the one pictured has been discontinued? The product I bought is in a tall slender container.
I really like this product, it's the first spray water toner that I have ever used. It's luxurious and feels good to spray on. I was advised by the Laura Mercier girl in Nordstrom to use it after cleansing and before moisturizing, so that's how I use it. Sometimes I spray it on my face during the day but that's pretty rare. It doesn't feel very moisturizing to me but I do feel like it prepares my skin for my moisturizer. I love the idea of a toner that doesn't strip the skin. I want to experiment with other, more natural water mists when I run out of this bottle but it will be a while, I use two squirts each time and have hardly put a dent in the bottle. Even though it's pricey at $35, it lasts a long time. The spray nozzle is really nice because it sprays a fine mist over your face instead of a stream, I really love the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I must be missing something. This does NOTHING for me. I have dry skin, too. It's, I guess, kind of nice to splash something on your face... I don't know.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by toni3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Expensive
I love it though. I have dry skin and I spray this on after I wash my face. Ive forgotten to use a moisturizer after this, that's how good it is with hydration. I especially like using it after Ive used a scrub/clarisonic. The Cosmetic Cop, Paula Beogen also gives it a thumbs up
Highly recommend it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will buy this product again...once I have the small fortune it costs! This is a luxurious, very calming, cooling and just wonderfully silky feeling "toner". I don't know if I would even call this a "toner", since it doesn't not have any of the characteristics of what I think of as a toner or astringent. This does not sting, burn, or have any alcohol whatsoever in it. It does have fancy deep sea water from Japan, which is why it is so expensive. I am in love with this stuff, although not so much that I don't use other things. This is a splurge for me, and I honestly feel more comfortable buying it for my best friend than for myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by addicted2products

I love how they have repackaged this product -- the taller bottle with a spray pump is much better for applications than the older pump version. At first, I thought the premise of this water was all hype and not worth the money. After getting too much sun on vacation and my skin was incredibly dry and this product worked wonders. Instead of constantly slathering my skin with my very expensive moisturizers, I used this product in between moisturizer applications to rehydrate my skin. I also used it before applying the moisturizer to help my moisturizer soak in. It really worked! I am a convert and have started using this regularly

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by dizzied

Not really sure what the heck this product is supposed to be (toner?) but I like it. Its like really expensive thick water. I mix a little with my sunscreen in the morning & it helps the consistency spread a little more evenly. I also use it to wet my eyeliner brush when using LM's caviar eye liner. I got this in a little sample size & debate with myself whether I should shell out the cash for the big one. I haven't decided yet, but it is definetly a unique product & I feel fufills its intended purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by tckckcmc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased several months ago and almost had buyers remorse before trying it. Luckily I kept it, and it is without a doubt my HG. I apply every time I wash face and it totally prevents any tightness from both mild soap or AHA/BHA exfoliating. Rather than using cotton like most toners, I put a small amount into clean hands and massage into skin. I do this before applying c-serum in morning and before retinol or renova at night. Lasts a long time . Square bottle needs to be tilted when using product so it doesn't run down side of bottle. Really love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Eve0082

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT. My skin is dry, and this is an excellent toner for that. It doesn't break me out, and my skin is very acne-prone. Definitely one of the better toners out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sam1208

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this. Leaves my skin soft and plumped in the lines. Perfect prep for moisturizer. All LM products are good. Packaging is nice with the pump. It is expensive and it goes pretty fast - only con.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and received a sample of this toner and just had to buy the full size. First off, I want to say that the "Rich" version is different from the "Light" version in that it's more of a light gel-ish texture. This is crucial for dry skin since it comfortably and more effectively hydrates the skin while also toning it. It feels very soothing on my skin making it more even toned and supple with each use. I use it most when I need to freshen up during the day since I live in very humid weather. I also love the pump packaging; it's very easy for me to get product onto a cotton ball. It's not cheap, but so far I have had nothing but wonderful experiences from Laura Mercier's skincare line so her products are definitely worth it.