August 22, 2014 | 1663 users online

Moisturizers - Aura Cacia - Jojoba skin care oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Heavenly moisturization . Wonderfully mild on my very sensitive skin. I can't believe this did not break me out. I mean, it's an oil. But I tried it based on MUA'ers advice who were even recommending it to those with acne in some kind of prewash ritual. I have very easily clogged combination skin, so I can't believe this doesn't clog my pores at all. I've used it for months and even did the one side with and one side without test for a month. It's very soothing and smoothing. I have now even started using this to remove waterproof mascara, and it doesn't bother my eyes at all and doesn't leave the eye skin too greasy either.

CONS: The smell of this particular brand is stronger and not as mild as the Desert Essence brand.

APPLICATION TIPS: I use this before or even instead of moisturizing cream at night. ****I've started to use this on dry skin before I cleanse. I put it on and then add water and then cleanser. Helps to keep my cleansing much gentler on my skin. (Also makes makeup removal a breeze.) I even use it to remove waterproof mascara. I also like to add a few drops to my bath.

ALTERNATES: Grape seed oil is really nice for the bath. I prefer the Desert Essence brand for a much more mild scent.

PURCHASING TIPS: I buy this cheap at places like Vitacost. My favorite is the organic version of this from Desert Essence. There is an organic version and nonorganic (regular) version. The organic version seems to be even more gentle on my sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by magicmarz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used products containing jojoba with success but this particular brand of jojoba broke my skin out in little red bumps that were rather itchy in places I don't normally break out (I do suffer from hormonal acne on my chin which was aggravated by the breakouts but not excessively). I tried it for about two weeks and it just didn't get any better and seemed to get worse. This jojoba oil can have two stars because it makes my hair absolutely lovely and it could just be my skin that is sensitive to it. I just want others to be aware that there is the potential of (allergic?) reaction to this oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a MIRACLE!!! Oily does not even describe my skin. My skin is hyper-oily. A thick layer of oil develops on my face 15-20 minutes after washing it. I am constantly dabbing my face at work. I avoid wearing makeup because it disappears within 30 minutes. Well with jojoba oil, I noticed an IMMEDIATE difference. My face literally does not shine anymore. Also, within a few days, it faded some very dry and dark marks on my cheeks. My skin looks more even tone. I used to be able to squeeze thick white oil out my nose pores for as long as I persisted but not anymore.

Jojoba oil is a miracle. I started off using the Jason brand but it is discontinued and this Aura brand is the only organic version I can find locally in stores. Also, I love that it only needs to be applied once throughout the day and it lasts! After washing my face with a gentle cleanser in the morning and before bed, I rub a small amount amount of jojoba oil on my face with my fingertips.

UPDATE----the jojoba oil is still controlling the oiliness very well. It is 3:00pm; I've been at work since 8:30 and I haven't had to dab my face yet. But I have started to break out. My skin is acne prone so I can't automatically blame it on the jojoba oil. Also the white oil has returned to my nose when I squeeze my pores :-(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by KimikoTaicho

I was a little sceptical about getting jojoba oil at first because I had read some reviews here and noticed a lot of people saying it "made them break out" and "gave me tiny bumps". I wasn't too worried about the jojoba oil purging my skin, but didn't want to buy something that would give me tiny bumps. I have enough problems.

I'll be absolutely honest here: I've been dealing with acne for about a decade now. It's left my face littered with dark scars that just wouldn't fade and I would look in the mirror daily to find a new pimple SOMEwhere on my face (except my chin and nose, oddly enough). It was a nightmare. I felt hideous. At the end of my rope.

When I went to Whole Foods looking for a gentle moisturizer (my skin is not sensitive by any stretch of the word), I was pointed to jojoba oil. Still sceptical and actually a little scared, I put a little on my hands and put the extra just under my chin on my neck and walked around the store for about a half hour. When I felt those spots again, I noticed they were a LOT softer than when I'd walked in the store and my hands were lovely. I bought the jojoba oil.

After about a month of using it (in an OCM I use once a week and love, and as a morning moisturizer) I can say that yes, it certainly did purge my skin. But I look in the mirror in suspended disbelief now because my tone is a lot smoother, my skin is more moisturized, and it has a lovely glow to it. Yes, I still have acne. Yes, it'll take some time to get rid of it. I don't expect a miracle in a bottle, but I do expect some help from nature to get the job done.

The only con is the cap on this bottle. It squirts out the oil like a ketchup bottle. What I have to do instead is take the lid off completely and use a q-tip to get the amount of product I need (just one drop is good for my whole face, under my chin, and behind my ears)

In the end: I will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 More reviews by Lowecj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love jojoba oil! It is awesome for most skin types and I never worry that it is going to break me out and my skin is complicated: acne prone, sensitive and changes from combination to oily depending on the week. I use this stuff straight as nighttime moisterizer, I use it as main ingrediant in my OCM cleanser and this stuff replaced my overpriced but beloved biosilk. Obviously, it's oil and must be used sparingly.

I have been purchasing from Aura Cacia because I trust them. I only buy the oils that are labeled "USDA certified" because I want to know I'm not spreading motor oil on my face from some country claiming it's jojoba...lol. Due to the popularity, jojoba oil is little harder to find for a good price, good ole supply and demand. Anyway, I can't live without jojoba oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This review could honestly be for any organic, cold-pressed jojoba oil. I just happen to use Aura Cacia's since it's readily available at my local Whole Foods rather than buying online. Note that this is for the *organic* Aura Cacia jojoba oil. I hate the bottle it comes in (that itself deserves a 2) but I just decant it out into another bottle.

Jojoba oil is another one of those items I wish it hadn't taken me this long to find. I use it both as a cleanser and a moisturizer. As a cleanser, I do a simpler OCM: two squirts in my palm (sometimes I add a little honey), massage into skin, wipe off gently with a warm washcloth. Out of all the oils I tried for oil cleansing jojoba was the only one that didn't irritate, was neither too oily nor too drying, and actually unplugged my pores without inflaming them. For a moisturizer I add two small drops of this to my HA serum and pat on. Sometimes after cleansing I don't need to put on any extra oil at all. Because jojoba mimics the skin's natural sebum it helps curtail my previously excessive oiliness. Combined with other factors (see my reviews on ACV and honey) my skin is now normal rather than oily, and I rarely break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Anything that is jojoba oil breaks me out, two years ago i tried OCM and it was amazing my beauty was at its peak. Until I incorporated jojoba to my regime a month ago, my face broke out sooo bad with sooo many pimples like angry soldiers colonizing and spreading every part of my face. I look like ww2, but thanks to lacura products and the anti wrinkle night cream i was saved, my face is beautiful again. (I USE WRINKLE CREAM EVEN THOUGH I AM 17 BECOS PREVENTION IS KEY)

Would I buy this product again? NEVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by hellokublah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i've been dealing with acne for over a decade. i've thrown thousands of dollars away on dermatologists, prescriptions, over the counter scrubs, washes, toners, and creams. you name it, i've tried it. i've skipped school, i've avoided human interaction. a friend told me about her housemate trying a new cleansing method for her problem skin that involved using oil instead of a wash. the thought of it was terrifying, but i figured i'd try it out, since i've tried everything else.

girls, boys. don't be afraid of washing your face with oil. it saved me. i've been using the oil cleansing method for only two weeks and my face looks better than it has in so many years. its soft and glowing. its constantly moisturized and clean feeling. i'm not afraid of eye contact anymore. big name companies that are claiming to want to help you are really just keeping themselves rich by keeping your acne around. they aren't fixing anything. stop wasting your money on them. their products strip your skin and dry it out. they starve it of the oils that your face needs to stay balanced.

i recommend rubbing straight jojoba oil into your skin for a few minutes in the morning and night. make a washcloth piping hot, wring it out and set it on your face until it cools down. wipe away the excess oil and go about your day with confidence. i wish you all the same good results i have had from using this method.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by alaskafuji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this give me red bumps all over :( quiet sad since i thought it gonna be good for my skin cuz jojoba oil is close to ur skin and all~
first 3 min it make my skin feels so good and smooth but after that it goes wrong. red bumps all over and dries out my skin.
I don't know if it's the brand or it's that i'm allergic to jojoba oil

*after uses*
I take my review back. It get rid of all my itchy flakes and give me a really firm, smooth face. My skin take about a month to get use to this jojoba oil and after that AMAZING result. This make my skin less sensitive than before and the flakes doesnt come back when i uses this. so deffinitely my HG oil.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by nailgrl81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Jojoba oil is a lovely moisturizer, particularly for someone with skin as dry as mine. This product is really good to apply in the night-time and wake up with soft, smooth skin. Another way to use it is as a makeup remover, which works quite well. This is something you should buy if you want a natural, no-chemical night moisturizer. It's expensive at $11 a bottle, but it's quite beneficial to your skin. One squeeze yields a lot, so don't try too hard to get the oil out of the bottle or you may get a lot more than you wanted. I'm planning to put some on my legs and see if it works as well as it does on my face.