November 24, 2014 | 909 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Celeb Cream Eye Liner Palette

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging was the nicest thing about this product. Unfortunately, you can't wear packaging! I was seduced by the idea of a whole pallette of eyeliners in one cute credit-card styled case. Hooray, I could just throw this in my makeup case when I travel and have all different shades at my fingertips!

The reality was an expensive disappointment. The eyeliner went on faintly and splotchy, didn't show up well on my lids and either smudged or wore off (depending on the color) after 20 minutes. Keep in mind I'm a PPP (which means it takes a lot for color not to show up on me) and have dry/mature skin (so I don't have the excuse of oily lids) AND I wear eyeshadow primer; my eyeliner has absolutely no excuse for smearing or fading.

I wound up pitching this in the trash can when I did some pre-move purging. There are other, better cream eyeliners (Bobbi Brown, MAC to name two) and I found this a waste of my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by wish71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lousy product. Wore off within half an hour and I don't have especially oily eyelids. It has better staying power if you use a primer/concealer and eye shadow. Still not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hate. This is, like other reviewers have said, a smudging, smearing mess. It was close to $30 at a local drugstore, and some of the colours don't even show up very well. Even if I let this dry on my eyelids first before I blink, it migrates upwards within 15 minutes of application. Horrible. I would give it a zero if I could.The packaging is nice though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

First of all, I LOVE the packaging! So many options + a brush in the form of a credit card? AWESOME DESIGN! Second, most of these are colors that are pretty wearable (I bought the metallics palette). However, upon application, I was pretty disappointed. The colors were very muted, not vibrant or metallic at all. Secondly, what was barely there in the first place faded quickly.

Smashbox, this is a great concept! I really wish there was a cream liner palette like this, but with the vibrancy and staying power of Urban Decay's 24/7 liners.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This liner has no staying power whatsoever. The colors would disappear from my eyes within hours and I don't have oily lids. Definitely not worth the $30+. There are lots of drugstore brands that work a lot better. Although the color selection looks nice, most of the colors looked exactly the same on me (I have medium-olive skin.)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by aipc29

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was a bad purchase and good thing I returned it. these liners last about an hour (unset) or about 2 hrs (set with powder). By the way, do you really use turquoise eyeliner on a regular basis? Is bright blue or shocking purple eyeliner appropriate for work, or for anywhere??? Pass this one up; it;'s a loser!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by marimic1

Worst cream liners ever. Do not purchase this it's a waist of money. Very difficult to apply, you need many strokes and even that just makes it frustrating at the end. Too bad because Smashbox has really good shadows. I think they need to work on the formula of their liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Lindseyxo

I own this palette in Metallic. Hands down, this is my favourite cream liner palette. When I am doing a simple liner look, I reach for this. I also come to this when I want to add a pop of colour to a neutral look. To me, the price is fair. Although when you open the palette, it does seem small, a little product goes a lot way. The liners are very creamy and smooth and I have found them easy to work with.
To the people who claim that it melts off their face, I personally have not had this problem. This may come from the fact that I set my liner, which you have to with any cream product.

A must-have! I keep repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by daniarchie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like how many different colors it comes with. Its expensive, yes, but you can get so many different looks with this one palette. It doesn't stay great unless you prime it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by taragirl

IMO, this is wrongly advertised as "cream eye liner" when, at best, it is a cream eye shadow. As an eyeliner, this was maybe one of the worst I have ever encountered. Literally melted off my face in the span of an hour (top or bottom lash line!). It's a shame because I love the color choices - that is what I lured me in. But eyeliner it is not. Gel liner it is NOT! I don't know what ppl are talking about. It is nowhere near the consistency of a quality gel liner. It is soft and oily feeling - perfect for melting! ugh. So disappointing. I do however, use it as a base for smoky eyes which seems to work.