April 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Yves Saint Laurent - Temps Majeur Eye Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this eye cream about 4 months ago and I still probably have a couple months worth of product, which makes me happy considering the price ($135). A typical skincare product for me is 3-4 months so when a product goes beyond that (and a product I like), I am stoked! Alright now down to the product: this has been the best for me to keep the under eye area clear, even, and bright. I don't know how well it corrects wrinkles as I don't have any wrinkles around the eye area (I'm 25). This is supposed to be the all-in-one for anti-aging, puffiness, darkness. For me darkness and puffiness are the problem. It seems to have helped he puffiness but not erased it. It has excelled at brightening and keeping the tone of my skin on and around the eye area even and bright, even beyond the instant brightening effect it has (which I adore especially paired with my Touche Éclat). I believe that the Ganoderma Lucidum extract may really work for some skin; a fabulous antioxidant. The texture itself is not too creamy that it makes my makeup move, but keeps me hydrated. It has not given me milia which I have had before from some other product. Over all, if the price does not make you choke, this is a worthwhile product to consider, even though I believe there are many great products for the eye area. This does make the top of the charts for sure!! (And I will always rate jar packing a 3 or less because I hate it! Yes it looks pretty but I have to keep a small spatula on hand and keep it clean to ensure I am not contaminating this lovely product!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

All I can say it WOW. I love this eye cream. I have the supreme version and it is just amazing. Does wonders for my dark circles, my eyes look more illuminated and I can see fine lines diminished. The texture is phenomenal and smoothes onto my orbital bone and eyelid just perfectly. The only eye cream to come close to this is Chanel Sublimage, but I feel like this one wins because it is just so radiant. The packaging is sublime, as with all ysl products. I also have the temps concentrate de serum and I feel like they work perfectly together. An outstanding eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by ogundoju

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I use this two times a day and i have been using this for a month now, and i see a huge difference, my dark circles have become lighter ( not all the way gone ) and less wrinkles but if you are looking more for help in the dark circle department this eye cream is for you, It does cost a pretty penny but it is so worth it. I am a stay at home mom, so i am in my late 20's but the bags under my eyes and etc makes me look late 30's, but this cream has given me my youthful look back. please try you wont be mad!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by lizamking

First review I have written but just had to say don't waste your money! I splashed out on this product and was very disappointed - way over priced in my opinion.

I am 37 with fine laughter lines and am prone to bags under the eyes.

Pros: the brightening effect is clear - reflective particles definitely work. Also quite moisturising.

Cons: for me, the plumping effect made me look as though I had been punched in the eye! The bags under my eyes swelled up and yet the fine lines were not any better. (And I don't usually react badly to products.)

I gave it to a friend whose skin type is very different - she did not have the same under eye issue but said it wasn't anything special and certainly not worth the money. Can't help but feel maybe the hype convinces people?

After this disappointment I did a lot of reading into ingredients and found there are not many which are proven to work - retinol and hyaluronic acid are two which are (the latter on a temp basis.) I tried a L'Oreal retinol one instead which was ok, but then found Shiseido's bio performance eye contour cream which is amazing! (I use it on the lines, with an Olay witch hazel gel on the under eye bags.) Much cheaper too! Overall I'd say it seems you do need to try various creams to see which works best with your skin - a positive review from someone else is no guarantee it will work on you. Some creams do trade on their name though - go for tried and trusted ingredients at mid range prices unless you're rich enough to splurge!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by dutchesskt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE BEST EYE CREAM for
1. dark circles
2. puffiness.

I got a sample of this from the SA at Holt Renfrew, and after using it for a couple of days, I could already see a difference. There is mushroom extract and mother of pearl in this, which gives it the "instant" brightening effect for under you eyes. At first I thought this was just a gimmick, and more of a cover up for the problem, but after using it for the past 6 months, I can honestly say that this does have long-term benefits. I barely have any dark circles/puffiness when I wake up, even after staying up late, and I use it both morning AND night. The price hurts. It is very painful. $150 on an eye cream seems ludacris, but after trying so many products that didn't work, I bought this as a last resort and I'm so glad that I did!
Now, I don't think this cream has long-term HYDRATING benefits, and sometimes, I put in a hydrating night cream on the side of my eyes where crows-feet would form and put this on my inner eye corner to tackle those dark circles and puffiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by erin526

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for dark circles - I have been using for 3 months and the difference is profound but not the most moisturising I use other products for that when required. Tube would be more hygenic than the pot style packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by belochka25

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use thise cream for 2 years and very happy I found it.Nothing else works for my dry and thing andereye aria.Best product fo me so far!I Put 4 stars,becourse I think It has cosmetic effect only,sking look bad without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Ok YSL, You have my blessings on this cream already! I'm only 24 and I've been on the hunt for the best eye cream for dark circles. As far I knew, my whole life I battled with dark circles (didn't sleep much on weekends as a kid). I started noticing I had some puffiness and some wrinkles (due to stress at job). I found this review on MUA and decided its worth a shot. Most expensive cream I've come across. Well worth it though. I've only used it for a few weeks and saw some changes: brightens eyes, reduce puffiness. I can't say so much in the wrinkle department. I'd say at least 35% of my dark circles have been brightened. At first, I would dab on the eye cream closer to my lash line as I have wrinkles are right underneath. Then I learned that I need to pat it along the orbital bone and on brow bone. This way, the cream does not float into the tear ducts. Its just as effective if you pat it along the orbital bone. The cream itself has a somewhat iridescent sparkle in it. But it works. For $126 USD, I may have to think twice about buying it again. There are other eye creams I am willing to try. But if all else fails, I'm heading back to YSL to rebuy. Hopefully they do not discontinue!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by elyssaharley

The best under eye cream out there!! I have searched high and low for a good eye cream that helps me look younger. I have tried many different samples of top eye creams from drug store brands to Neiman Marcus selections, to esthetician recommended . YSL delivers results. Instantly reduced puffiness, lightened and brightened. After using for almost 2 months I have noticed significant wrinkle reduction underneath and around the oustside of my eyes!! I use it 2 times a day; morning and evening. When I first started using the cream I was in love but wanted to see if it was really the best. So I stopped using it and switched to La Prairie. I could noticebly see a huge difference from the switch. YSL makes me look refreshed. I would highly recommend this product. Try it with YSL highlighter; amazing!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Cait88

This product is great! It is non-greasy and is perfect for my sensitive skin. I have noticed the darkness under my eyes have lightened after a couple of days of use. Hopefully its good on wrinkles as I'm using it as a prevention and have no wrinkles yet.