September 17, 2014 | 1359 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - UV-Response Face SPF50

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 9:02:00 PM More reviews by suey421

This was yucky. It smelled gross and was really greasy on my face. It made my make up run all over the place. Horrible to use on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 10:02:00 AM More reviews by amysh

I've been using this for a few months now and have to say it offers great sun protection. I agree that it's a bit heavy, but oddly enough, it doesn't make me greasy -- instead it completely dries me out. I've found that mixing it w/ my moisturizer (Dramatically Diff. Gel) before applying it to my face greatly decreases the dryness factor. Even with the sunscreen diluted like that, it completely protects me when I'm in the sun.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2007 7:26:00 AM More reviews by hmal74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A really greasy and oily cream that doesnt sink into your skin for at least 5 hours. In hot climat it's a nightmare. The skin can't breath and if you are a little bit sweatty it feels like you're wearing a plastic bag over your face. You can't wear any makeup whatsoever, don't even think about it. Even eye makeup far away from the cream smudges and disappears after a while like the cream moves up towards them during the day. If you don't sweat however it does sink in after a couple of hours and leaves your skin feeling really soft and it doesnt leave a white film on your face. I guess I have tried worse SPF creams but that doens't mean that this is a good one. A big plus for the high SPF, but I won't buy it again. I need a more dry-to-the-touch cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2006 2:51:00 PM More reviews by KikiLaRoux

Not very impressed with this prod. I have combo/sensitive skin (its the classic oily t-zone and dry cheeks) and this stuff made my whole face look like it was trying to escape within about 20mins of putting it on. Even my cheeks looked greasy and slimy - the minimal summer makeup didnt stand a chance. I like the fact that it was SPF 50 as last year i couldnt find many prods with this level of protection, but i hear that there are a fair few this year ( if anyone could suggest one that doesnt dry and doesnt turn you oily i would be uber grateful). Probs wont buy again, and will throw the rest of last years tube away as it has probs lost its protection now anyway. It would be value for money if it wasnt so slimy as it comes in quite a big tube ( although it is not well designed as it has a tendeancy to slip through your fingers when you've got this oily crap all over you).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2006 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ellenchristine

I really like that this has an SPF of 50 and that it contains lots of antioxidants - I feel well-protected with this product. However, I only wear it when I'm on vacation or when I'm not planning on wearing makeup over it because this product will leave you GREASY!! I have oily skin already, but this makes me look like I just rubbed Vaseline all over my face. I also noticed some pimples appearing toward the end of my last vacation. When I don't care how I look, this sunscreen is great for sun protection (which, after all, is what it's designed for!). However, I wouldn't wear it with makeup or on a daily basis.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2006 2:53:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Clinique's UV Response Face Cream SPF 50 is a decent sunscreen to use and one of the better ones out on the US market. It does a good job of preventing sunburns and slowing down tanning. The reason why I give this a 3 is because of it's greasy disco ball factor, its eye irritating ingredients, and pore clogging ingredients. This sunscreen doesn't sink into the skin as well as Shiseido or La Roche Posay. My face is very shiny/greasy, but a mattifier and some powder helps. However, the deal breaker for me is that it irritates my eyes and clogs my pores. I get the occasional 1-2 blemishes around TOM but this sunscreen gave me a breakout, not in a pimply way but I had bumps all over my forehead, cheeks, and chin. They went away within a week after I stopped using this sunscreen. I've now since repurchased my LRP Fluide Xtreme and now use UV Response Face SPF 50 on my neck, shoulders, and decolletege. Works well there, my eyes don't water and my skin isn't clogged. I'll use up my little tube but I will not repurchase this suncreen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

I like this sunscreen. I gave it 4 Lipsticks because it is a little bit greasy - although the greasiness is not a "yuck! I am an oil slick" greasiness, it is more "I'm wearing sunscreen not moisturizer with sunscreen in it." However, I apply a sort of mattifying primer over this (I don't wear foundation every day - but I do wear primer every day), and the greasiness disappears. The tube is relatively small, only 1.7 fl. oz. - but it means it fits easily into a bag - for $15.50. Paula Begoun did recommend the UV-Response Face Sunscreen SPF 30; however, the SPF 50 version had not yet been launched when she wrote her latest book.

**INGREDIENTS: homosalate 10%, octinoxate 7.5%, oxybenzone 5%, octisalate 5%, avobenzone 3%. water/aqua/eau, diethylhexyl, 2,6-naphthalate, methyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, silica, butyloctyl, salicylate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethl dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, glyceryl stearate, polyethlene, stearyl dimethicone, glycerin, plankton extract, potassium cetyl phosphate, phospholipids, caffeine, sodium hyaluronate, styrene/acrylates copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, stearic acid, lecithin, cetyl alcholol, tocopheryl acetate, demethicone, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, peg-8 laurate, vp/eicosene copolymer, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, ethylhexylglycerin, perillyl alcohol, caprylyl glycol, xanthan gum, trisodium edta, sorbic acid, citric acid, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol [iln29291].**

Wow - that seems like a lot of ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2006 3:29:00 PM More reviews by xrockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great sunscreen, I wear it all the time under the hot miami sun and I haven't noticed myself getting any darker or burning, which is great. The high spf is a good idea too since parsol 1789 starts losing it's affectiveness after a few hours. I totally recommend!