July 23, 2014 | 1906 users online

Cleansers - Almay - Cleansing Lotion 1 for dry skin with cucumber

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by annada10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this cleanser, it has really improved my skin. I saw it 2 for $30 ($ US 5) and when i read the ingredients i realised it may actually help with my dry and somewhat sensitive skin. Guess what, after using for a couple of weeks my skin did a complete 180, it was no longer dry, tight and flaky even after washing it felt smooth and moist before i put on moisturizer. The texture is somewhat creamy/milky and no it will not lather, however this is good as it does not contain harsh sulfates. WHen applied it fels really cool and soothing. I stopped using it after my skin got really oil in the tzone for whatever reason, i used another celanser that messed up my skin and now i'm back to this and my skin has never felt better. i think this is discontinued so imma stock up on this to last for a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2009 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Ruth81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found a 4oz/118ml version for 59p (!!) at my local Home & Bargain. Despite claiming to 'clear away dirt, oil and makeup' this was absolutely useless at removing my mineral makeup. It barely broke the surface of it! It was also slightly drying and it didn't feel comfortable to use. Upon application, it felt cool and soothing - it's the consistency of a runny lotion with a 'medicinal' smell a bit like E45 cream to me. But after washing and moisturising, it began to make my face feel warm, red and a bit tight. It didn't sting or burn, but I wouldn't want to use it long term, especially during times when my skin is already irritated. I would imagine this is a nice little morning cleanser for people with dry but less hyper-sensitive skin than mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 More reviews by Intermission

this leaves skin nice and soft... never tight.

i use like 3-4 pumps and an extra pump for my eye-makeup since it never seems to get it off from the first wash.
i have the matching toner too which is just as good.

if you get a chance to try this, i recommend that you do.
my skin isnt dry but i wanted this one cause i find that most cleansers leave my skin tight and peel-y / this is great for winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by estrellapequeno

I love this already, and i only bought it last week along with the toner and cleanser.
Cleans my skin really well, and leaves it feeling refreshed and super clean! And it's only 1.99 a bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by TOSIN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have always had dry skin but in the last few years it's gotten really dry and sensitive and I reacted to just about everything I tried, the more expensive the product, the worse my skin reacted!! I was on holiday in Cape Town and bought this because I forgot to pack a face cleanser and OMG what a wonderful silky softening cleanser!! As soo as I used it I could feel how soft and nourished my skin was. What I love most about it are;

Its very moisturising, makes my skin feel very supple and comfortable
My dry skin fine lines were plumped up and just about disappeared afte two weeks of use
My skin has not felt softer and smoother in a long long time
Its just a simple fragrance free gentle cleanser for sensitive skin

I've been using this cleanser for 6 months, which is longer than any other cleanser I've ever tried and I have no plans of stopping. This is definately going to be a staple. Only problem is it's hard to find in the UK but I've managed to track down somewhere to buy them online! http://www.buycosmetics.com/almay/almay.aspx

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by nols

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry/sensitive skin and have had good experiences with other almay products. this cleanser stripped my skin and left it feeling dry/taught and uncomfortable. i totally preffered the milk plus cleanser to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ammyy7993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a good cleanser, but not fantastic. What I like about it is that it doesn't dry or irritate my skin. It also does a good job taking makeup off. I use it with the toner and moisturizer, and all together they are ok. I don't like the moisturizer though, since I find that it is pretty greasy. I will use up the 3 step system, but I'm sure there is something better out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

All in all, I like this product. It's very effective and gentle and leaves the skin feeling clean and refreshed. I have had no more flakes or zits with the Almay skincare line for dry skin as a whole and I love all three products and how they work in concert together. I would repurchase because it is a nice cleanser that does well on my face with only a few complaints from me. I am, however, wanting to try Mario Badescu's Cucumber Cream Soap just to satisfy my growing curiosity about the brand, but if that does not do well for me I know I always will have a back-up plan. THEY DO NOT MAKE THESE CLEANSERS, TONERS, AND MOISTURIZERS ANYMORE WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WERE THE ONLY PRODUCTS THAT WORKED FOR MY SKIN TYPE!!!!!! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by miss_claudine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have stage 1 rosacea (persistent flushing on my cheeks) and every cleanser I've tried has caused my face to burn and/or sting. (And that includes several products designed specifically for rosacea-prone skin which were recommended by my dermatologist.) I bought this and gave it a try, fully expecting it to irritate my skin, but I was desperate for something to clean my makeup off my face. (I kept using waterered down moisturizer to lift the make up off, but that just wasn't working all that well - plus it was a real pain.) It turned out to be a great purchase - this is the only cleanser that doesn't burn my skin or make the redness and swelling from the rosacea even worse. What's even better is that after using this, my skin is actually a little less blotchy/red and it definitely feels calmer and cooler. Plus, it removes foundation, eyeshadow and mascara without heavy rubbing or scrubbing on your face or eyes. I highly recommend it for people like me who haven't had success with rosacea products. (The moisturizer in this same product line did cause a stinging sensation, though, so I'm sticking with good old Cetaphil for now.)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2006 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Tiya_Archer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this stuff for over a week now, and I really like it. It doesn't give me red patches like most other stuff I try, and of course, I have no sign of drying out my skin. I like the packaging, however I would prefer if just a tad more came out when I pumped it -- I usually pump it 3 or 4 times to get what I need. There isn't a lather -- but for some reason with this stuff, I don't mind since it has a very light consistency. There is a very slight hint of a sweet smell -- this doesn't bother me since it is not very strong. I've had no problem with this stuff removing my makeup either -- I tend to use waterproof mascaras, so to me, thats a great thing! I use this in combination with the Almay Toner (2) and Moisturizer (3) for dry skin. All these products go very well together and my skin skin looks and feels great! I plan to repurchase. Update: I recently tried one of Almay's 1-coat waterproof mascara formulas. Even though this has removed other waterproof mascaras for me, it did not remove Almay's waterproof mascara. I'm not removing a lippie since 1) Almay offers another product to remove waterproof eye makeup and 2) this product still makes my skin look great -- still red-patch free! I've tried soooo many cleansers, and this is one of the only ones that actually taunts me into thinking I don't need to wear a foundation. (Heck! What am I thinking -- I love makeup too much to do that! But I love the thought that I don't "need" to!) continued >>