November 23, 2014 | 1899 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost Lipstick in O

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by WChea

Color looks good in the tube but it was not flattering at all on me once I applied it. Maybe I should have used a lip brush and done a little at a time. But I went straight from the tube to the lip and it is highly pigmented! Another girl was saying this is her signature shade at the store. But it was wayyy too much for me. It's like a bronze gold brown with purple bits. It may look better on some but for me it did not look good. I am a light-medium shade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This pulls a strange purpley, murky brown on me. The finish isn't forgivng either, the sheen adds to the unflattery. I haven't given up hope, though. I am determined to make this shade work!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The makeup artist recommended this as a neutral for me, and I bought it without actually trying it on. I didn't want to get the used tester on my kisser. UGH. This looks awful on me. I'm an NC42/44 and it just looks muddy and gross on my complexion. I can't bring myself to toss it because it's barely used and still smells like vanilla. Maybe I'll melt it down and mix it with something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bronze gold red lipstick, i really love it but sadly enough I already had a dupe for this, also by MAC, limited edition Back to the beach collection: cremesheen in "Funbathing". This is exactly the same colour. I swatched both on my hands and came to that conclusion, so I waisted 18,5 on "O", still I really enjoy this. Very glamorous and sophisticated with a special twist: the golden shimmers. Looks great with a lipliner like Half Red.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this, I really did! It was my very first MAC lipstick, and I purchased it after reading all the reviews. I'm a woman of colour and I thought it would particularly suit my skin-tone. I saw that the lipstick in the tube looked "strange" in the store, but wasn't deterred.

It applies really frosty - too much, and the frost is a "cool" not a golden one, which doesn't suit my skin tone. The berry undertones are barely visible - though pretty obvious on the make-up wipe when you remove it weirdly enough!! The lipstick itself is dry dry dry, and while it does have pretty decent staying power, only putting a clear balm or gloss over it makes it feel tolerable. It feels like a straight up lip pencil.

The pictures look gorgeous, so maybe this is a lipstick that looks different on everybody.
BOTTOM LINE: see if you can try on a sample before you purchase this, because it isn't for everyone. It certainly wasn't for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by froggygrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful color. I'm NC25, so this shows up as a little dark on me. It's very flattering, however, but more of a dressy evening look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by MyCuppaTea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my very first MAC lipstick purchase ever, and I've worn it for about 10 years! I adore this lipstick, and while it's probably my HG (for evening wear), I need to repurchase soon. My current tube is down to almost nothing and I have to use a lip brush to dig some out and apply! This shade truly does look different on everybody. On my pigmented lips, it's a deep, mauvy/browny pink. I tend to stay away from Frost lipsticks because I think they can look dated, but this lipstick is not frosted in the way we're used to. It's more of a pearlescent sheen that looks lovely and youthful. This is my husband's favorite shade on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It rocks, and is a good subtle colour, like a whitye, it's kinda cool, and i wear it kinda often, yes this is a great lipstick indeed, yuppers and what a vanilla smell that is for sure love it eight hours of a vanilla smell and great shimmer is a blast fun for me tto wea and look good in - and I love love love love it! iand it makes my lipps pop and more plump as an illusion amazing and this frost lipstick is for sure my HG and the Viva Glam IV!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by tetley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this would be way too dark and frosty on me but the Mac sa insisted i try it and am so glad I did!
It looks like a dark berry on me and has a nice vanilla scent.
I"m not crazy about the texture but i have repurchased this a few times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

"O" (cute, random name?) is a dark plummy brown with a golden, copper subtle frost. i think the natural pigmentation of your lips also really depends on how this shows up on you. if your lips are quite pigmented, then it will show up a little more of a coffee brown on you (like my sister). because i'm fairly pale and like to wear heavier eye make-up, i like to apply this over lip balm to give it more of a sheer finish. it still gives me a rosy plum, but there is definitely a brownishness too. i like to wear this when i've done a look using MAC's Antiqued eyeshadow on my eyes, as they kind of match.
this to me is basically MAC's Sequin lipstick (also a frost), but with a shot of coffee. Sequin is more of a bronzey pink, whereas this is a dark browny pink.
this is definitely a unique lipstick in my opinion and is my first frost finish lipstick. the lasting power is also great!
would repurchase.