August 1, 2014 | 1288 users online

Styling Products - Sexy Hair Concepts - Root Pump Plus

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by blackrosekitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Used this product today in my baby fine naturally curly hair. Sprayed some on a comb to start to make sure i got it at my roots and then sprayed some in my hand and scrunched throughout my hair then turned my head upside down and dryed my hair with my blowdryer and diffuser. Didn't notice any offensive scent and the product didn't make my hair feel weighed down or crunchy or sticky. And I have great volume. Will definetly buy this again when i run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by obsessedwithtaylor

I use this almost every time I wash my hair now. I spray this only from my roots to midshaft, and although some people complain about heavy stickiness, it depends on how much you use. If you use it sparingly as it is very powerful, you can achieve lifted roots and volume without a product-y feeling, but if you use way to much of this things can get gross. The only downside for me is that the scent isn't great, kind of a weird fabric freshener scent? Anyway, I will continue to purchase this!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by rtran4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff does work but has some major disadvantages. It has the potential of giving you mega volume but it can easily give you dirty hobo/cavewoman hair. It's meant to texturize your locks to achieve volume, but the costs outweigh the benefits for me so I won't repurchase. There are better volumizing products out there.

My main gripes with it: 1) It stinks. The smell reminds me of an air/fabric freshener, powder and glue. Nothing sweet, fruity or floral/herbal here. 2) It makes your hair feel heavy, dirty, and icky and I use less than half a palm size of this stuff. I have to wash my hair sooner than I normally would or my scalp will start to itch. On the other hand, it gives a lot of volume that holds up throughout the day.

The best way to apply this product is to spray a small amount onto your palm and work it through damp roots. Use more if you think you need it but it's easy to go overboard with this stuff. A little goes a long way. It's NOT A MOUSSE so don't expect it to dispense like one and certainly don't use it all over like it is one. Lift the roots up when you blow-dry, then blast with cool shot. I tried this on dry hair and it works just the same but it made my hair feel so much dirtier and heavier, so I suggest damp hair.

Try the travel size before you buy the full size and try the regular Root Pump if you have fine, limp hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by MacPops

I have purchased this multiple times. I have fine, limp hair and a friend of mine with the same told me about this product. She would use it to keep curls in her long hair all day long and I couldn't believe she could get that kind of hold with such fine hair. Convinced me.

I have shoulder length hair and this product does not weigh my hair down at all. Much like the previous reviewer, my hair is oily. When I use this, it is less oily the next day, though I still have to wash daily. This gives my hair lift that will last all day. It really is an amazing product. I won't even bother to try something else at this point. I spray out a palm-size mound of product. I then use both hands to work the product through damp hair, concentrating at the crown and my roots, and then use a bit on the ends of my hair. Then blowdry and style.

This is perfection with the exception of the large can; however, the quality of the packaging is great. I dropped a brand new can and broke the top on it. I simply pulled the top off an empty can that I was about to toss and put it on top of the can with the broken top. Wallaaaa! Fixed. Love it, love it, love it. I even use it to plump up my limp hair when I'm not even going out. Just hanging out around the house, my ponytail looks so much cuter. LOL!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by number1larissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very fine, wavy hair (a lot of it!) that tends to err on the side of greasy after only one day (sometimes by the end of the same day that I shampoo), which makes my hair even more limp than it is to start with (which is pretty limp). I'm not usually a fan of mousse or volumizing products, but since I got this product (Root Pump Plus, not regular) free from a friend, I figured I'd give it a shot - and I am so glad I did!

I have used this product 3 times so far, so I may update as time passes, but so far I love this stuff.

I spray this product right onto my head and rub it in before blow drying. When I blow dry (I alternate between upside-down and right-side up because I can't stand to have my head upside-down for more than a minute at a time; I get a headache), my hair feels *almost* sticky to the touch - it definitely feels thicker and more texturized - but then I go to run my brush through my hair and it glides through effortlessly. What??!?! This is unbelievable to me - usually volumizing/texturizing products leave my hair a stiff tangled mess. Somehow this manages to create volume and texture but also leaves my very fine, prone-to-thousands of-tangles hair manageable. I think this stuff may be magical.

My second-day hair is still voluminous and manageable. It is also LESS GREASY than if I don't use this stuff. I swear - magical. So far I've only used this on the top of my head, but am tempted to see what happens if I branch into using it on the rest of my scalp.

I should note that I also use Aveda light elements smoothing fluid on the tips of my hair as a heat protectant, and the two products seem to work well together.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried both versions. This one gives a lot more volume and the volume lasts longer. Yeah, it's easy to overdo and get slightly crunchy (or super crunchy) but the regular version does very little in the way of volume. I can't wait to use that one up so I can buy more of the this one. The smell of neither is noteworthy but tolerable. These were on sale at Ulta for $10 recently which is a more appropriate price point than the regular price. The can lasted several months with regular use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There are two versions of Root Pump: Regular, and Plus. Regular is best for fine-to-medium hair, and Plus is for thick or coarse hair. I didn't realize this when I bought Plus (ages ago), and I have thin, fine hair, so I wish I had bought the regular one instead. But I didn't, so this review is for Plus, but keep in mind I'm not its ideal user.

All that being said, this stuff is SERIOUS! Serious hold, serious oomph. This, sprayed into my roots and rubbed in, coupled with an upside down blowdry=WHOA! Big a** hair! If it droops during the day, you can just refluff with your fingers and be back in business.

If you absolutely cannot abide the feeling of product in your hair, do not get this. It doesn't LOOK stiff and product-y, but you can feel it for sure. I love the results, but it feels a little too stiff and grungy for my taste. I assume the non-Plus might feel lighter.

The can is huge and if you only use it on your roots, it should last a good long while. If I ever run out of this, I'll try the regular and give that one a whirl. If you want serious body and lift, give one of the Root Pumps a try for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by freeezey

Absolutely cannot live without this! I don't have the thickest hair but Root Pump Plus makes it impossible to tell. After I get out of the shower, I spray Paul Mitchell root lifter then apply Root Pump Plus all over my hair, not just on the roots, then blowdry and brush it out. Makes my hair have amazing body and volume. It's about $21.00 at CVS, but I will never use anything else. amazing amazing amazing

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by pupster

I have very fine, thin hair and this volumizes without weighing down. You only need to use a small amout. The diffuser applicator is kind of worthless, it's easier to just spray into your hands and work in. Need to use at the roots and the mid hair shaft for volume before blowdrying. Results don't last long, looked great after blow drying but was flat again the next morning. For the price, I probably won't repurchase because I like Giovanni's root 66 root lifting spray just as well at a much lower price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Magnificus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The positive reviews on here really convinced me to buy this spray mousse but I wasn't impressed. It was pretty pricey at $18/19 and it didn't deliver on its promise. I used only 3 light sprays and then I would massage it throughout my crown area. After I used this my hair was slightly volumized but not much better than the usual volume of my hair. Plus, this product felt like it weighed down my hair and it broke me out! I noticed that after a couple uses, my back and chest (cleavage area) started developing acne. At first I didn't know what was causing it. Once I stopped using this, because I was unhappy with the results it gave me, I realized that this was causing my break outs. I definitely don't recommend this to those who are break out prone or those who have sensitive skin. For the price and disappointing results, I say save your money and look for something else.