July 28, 2014 | 1789 users online

Mascara - Jafra - BTWIN Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by yuyu122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara that Jafra makes. I hate the other ones, and they are more expensive than this... or they were... I started buying it when it came in a purlple tube, then they changed the color to blue but the form factor was the same. Now the one I got comes in a white tube in the same style of the other mascaras of the brand with a blue ring around the cap. I think the formula has not changed, and if so, it's still working great. I have tried also de Volume Building and is crap... doesn't give any volume, doesn´t hold the curl, it too clumpy... :( But this one has evertything, volume, lenght (you can see the little fibers in the brush) and waterproof!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by oregonclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jafra's teen line is called BTWIN (say it Between). It's not nearly as "cool" as Avon's mark. line, but they're trying at least. I have two of these mascaras, a blue one and a black one, and they are really really excellent.
First of all, Jafra's regular line mascaras suck. The lengthening one doesn't lengthen, the volumizing doesn't volumize and the formulas are both kind of dry. As mascaras go, avoid them.
On a whim, I ordered one of the BTWIN ones in blue. I was impressed! The formula is creamy, and goes on smoothly. No clumping! The brush is shaped wider at the base and end, with a skinnier part in the center. The shape seems to help with getting those outside lashes. The blue is pretty dark, but will show up in sunshine or brighter light. I bought a black one as well.
What I really love about this mascara is how well it helps hold a curl. Out of all the ones I've tried (high end and drugstore) this one works best at keeping the curl in my lashes after using a curler. Amazing!
The formula is also waterproof, but comes off with regular cleanser. No makeup remover needed. The packaging is cute, with a purple lid and flowers on the tube. The only thing I don't like is it has a bit of chemically scent to it, although it dissipates very quickly. continued >>