October 24, 2014 | 1171 users online

Other - Tom's of Maine - Spearmint toothpaste

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

This is really good toothpaste it cleans well and foams well plus it contains natural ingredient. Great for those with sensitve gums. It doesn't have a nasty taste or smell like alot of natural products do. This did not cause a rash or breakouts around my mouth. After using this I don't get sensitve gums anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I like this toothepaste because it leaves my teeth feeling clean afterwards, but does not leave my mouth feeling like I chewed mint leaves all day. It is subtle and cleans my teeth without making them feel stripped. This was also really gentle on my gums, which is important to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by jpaulhynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tom's of Maine Natural Cavity Protection in Spearmint is my favorite toothpaste. This toothpaste is vegan, free of animal ingredients or animal testing. I like how it feels and tastes natural. It contains no saccharin or artificial flavors. It contains fluoride and is accepted by the American Dental Association. I wish it contained more fluoride (it has 0.76 Sodium monofluorophosphate, 0.16% w/v fluoride ion), but i will keep buying. The price is a bit high, but this is a natural product. The packaging is nice. It feels refreshing after brushing with this toothpaste. Brushing feels like a healthy and satisfying activity. I don't want to go back to saccharin-containing toothpastes. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this spearmint toothpaste! I am so happy Walmart carries it. Have been using it for several years, and always get myself two back-ups so I never run out. I ran out once and used Colgate Total sitting in our bathroom, the one they give at the dental hygiene visit. After Tom's, it tasted so sweet and artificial, I could not take it. I got Tom's Peppermint by accident once, and it tasted too medicated for me (I think it is due to licorice root in it). This Spearmint is amazing - cleans teeth and tongue really well and freshens breath wonderfully. I love the mild taste and that it's all natural. Price is worth it for me ($4.25 at Walmart). Staple.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this just in Fresh Mint. Makes my teeth yellow instantly. Don`t like it at all. Switched back to the simple Colgate Total :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

Great natural toothpaste that is mild enough for the sensitive skin around my mouth. Other regular toothpastes gave it a rash. I love that this products is environmentally friendly and donates to charities as well. Everyone should use Tom's toothpaste!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by cindy604

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is for the Natural Anticavity Fluoride toothpaste in Spearmint - an HG for life unless dental professionals somehow say this is an inadequate toothpaste for my needs. I have been using this for over 3 years now, and my dentist has never had any complaints about the general well-being of my teeth and mouth.

I originally started using this as it was the only toothpaste that did not test on animals and contained fluoride. The taste does take some getting used to, but within a week I realized how much more refreshing brushing my teeth was without the heavily sweetened flavour of normal toothpastes. There is a healthy amount of foam, and I only need a tiny, dime-sized blob for thorough brushing for minutes on end.

Since 3 years ago, Tom's of Maine has been partially bought out and owned by Colgate-Palmolive. While they own the majority share now (about 80%), the company stipulates its dedication to maintaining the natural, animal testing-free policies of the original owners (who now own the remaining 20%). I continue to buy this brand because of that dedication, and I completely understand the need for a major company to widen the market. Since Colgate-Palmolive acquired Tom's of Maine, this toothpaste and other products can be found in every Shopper's, London Drugs, and grocery store in Canada. Before, I had to make special trips out to Capers or Whole Foods. Now, their prices are slowly coming down to meet normal toothpastes at $5 CAD a tube, which I find more than fair for the quality. One tube will typically last me 3 months.

I can't say enough about how amazing this toothpaste is. Once you use it for a week, you'll realize how unnecessary a lot of additives in common toothpastes are, and you'll thank Tom's of Maine for making such a functional, refreshing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by laawhitegirl

THIS IS MY FAVORITE TOOTHPASTE!

it may sound funny but i love buying toothpaste. every time that i run out i always buy a new brand.

i love everything about this toothpaste! it just makes your mouth feel different from any other toothpaste i have ever used! my teeth have also been whiter than ever with tom's!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have definitely been a natural kick for several years now and go natural when it comes to skincare/deodorants/body products and anything else I can. I really never thought to switch to natural toothpaste as honestl still don't know how effective it is in the longterm compared to colgate which I use as well. I mean yes a toothpaste that leave your breathe smelling great and teeth clean is great but is it effective for tooth health is what counts for me. I got a 3pack for $8 at Sams of this spearmint version which I couldn't pass up to try it out for. I haven't been a fan of too many other Tom's of Maine products liek deodorants/etc as they simply smell great but are't effective at all for me. I do love the moto beyond this brand and that this toothpaste actually has fluoride and fights cavities. The natural spearmint flavor is my favorite part as jsut leaves my mouth so much more fresh than colgate toothpastes even prior to mouthwash. So yes definitely love this atm as an amazing natural/healthy pick, just not sure hoew effective it is for cavities/tarter/whitening as it claims.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been buying this toothpaste for ages now. On first try it does taste a little weird and the natural mint flavoring is much stronger than colgate or similar products, but now I am addicted! When I brush with other kinds I think they taste horribly sweet and the fake mint does not make my mouth feel fresh and clean the way Tom's does. Favorite toothpaste! I also like how there are so many options in flavors and additives, eg with fluoride, and without, with whitening and without, with sulfates and without... something for everyone!