October 24, 2014 | 913 users online

Pressed Powders - Prestige - PerfectlyMatte Translucent Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by cady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great powder, I just ordered my second compact of this after using up the first. It doesn't give full coverage (although you can build the coverage up somewhat), but evens out your skin tone nicely and covers any small blemishes/redness, which is exactly what I was looking for as my skin tends to be fairly good already. It does provide excellent oil control - I tend to get very shiny and most powders don't do a great job controlling it, but with this one my face stays matte and oil free for hours. If you need more coverage, this would be great as an oil controlling finishing powder over a foundation. I do find that on days when I have particularly dry skin I sometimes need to wear a moisturizer under this, but normally it's fine w/o one. I am very pale, with slight pink undertones and bought the second shade, 08-Oatmeal, which is a perfect match - it appears that the first shade 07-Honey is much darker than the second, although I have not seen the Honey shade in person so I'm not positive that it is darker than oatmeal.
My biggest complaint about this is the packaging. I like the small compact, but I wish it came with a mirror and sponge or puff, it would make it much easier to throw it in your purse and go. However that is not enough of an issue to keep me from reordering this, as I can just use a travel brush or buy my own puffs and keep them in a ziplock or something with the compact.
Overall, I think this is a great product for any price and the fact that it is so cheap makes it even better. I will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Reading the previous reviews, this product obviously works on a variety of skin tones. Carmel. The effective camelion.
Sat in my drawer for months because I attempted to use this as a setting powder with a fluffy brush and then alone with a sponge. This looked masky, fake and way off color. Tried again as a stand alone powdered foundation with a buff brush...heaven.

I think this found it's way to the clearance stock because it's marketed as "translucent" which it is not. I can't imagine this as translucent on anyone. But, the fault here is what makes this product great for me: Excellent coverage.
I have had a VERY hard time finding a yellow based product that works. This is finally it. Matte. I'm an oily girl so I do get an appreciable "glow" by mid-day. The glow is a good thing, no need to blot yet. With this product, no caked on look, no color change to the dreaded Orangies. And so far, no breakouts to my sensitive, acne-prone skin.
Highly recommeded, even over MAC, as a powdered foundation for medium to full coverage. Walgreens orange stickered, less than 3usd. Definate repurchase at just about any price. After 2 full - and failed - MAC s/f compacts in the same drawer - yeah, I'd pay the same for this product that WORKS. I challange MAC NC users, If you can find this, get it, get over the "label/name", try this product and tell me if I'm wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 10:23:00 PM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was on a mission to find a yellow-based bronzer that was not muddy orange, so I made a trip to Walgreens. I checked out some bronzers but they looked very similar in color to my current ones. I later noticed that Prestige cosmetics were 40% off. As i browsed, the Caramel shade really stood out to me as it was very yellow-based and looked dark enough to function as a bronzer. I tried it out that night and was pleased to discover it was very close to the color I was looking for. An added bonus was the lack of sparkles that bronzers have. My only complaint is that there isn't a mirror in the compact. Next time this brand goes on sale, I may have to pick up a lighter shade to add to my collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2007 5:56:00 AM More reviews by decemberstarlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have so many face makeup products that I've only used once or twice, and this is one of them. I like this powder. It's fairly sheer and does a fine job of stopping shine. Caramel is an excellent match for my skin tone. It certainly is convenient for daily use. Just need to buy a nice powder puff to squish on top of the compact, since it doesn't come with anything to apply with. I haven't used this enough to know if it breaks me out or not. Would repurchase, but doubt I will need to for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 4:17:00 AM More reviews by satcl

I picked this up by accident, thinking it was the MultiFinish foundation in a new shade (Oatmeal) lol. You can imagine my surprise when I ripperd off the plastic packaging to see "Perfectly Matte" on the bottom, when I really wanted to try the MultiFinish because of its dewiness. (I only actually use pressed powder under my eyes, in any yellow hue that's a shade lighter than my asian skin). Decided to try it on anyway, since I got it for under $10. Was pleasantly surprised that it blended perfectly with my light asian under-eye skin! It literally melted into my face (I use my fingers) and it looked really natural, just without the bluish tint. It was matte alright, very finely milled and did what it promised! Just have to look closer to get the right product next time! lol

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 5:26:00 AM More reviews by neverender

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. This makes my skin look flawless. It hasn't broken me out so far. I have oily acne-prone skin. Will update if I changed my mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2006 2:25:00 AM More reviews by DrinkTilliesCute

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in Oatmeal and it's a perfect match. I like a pressed powder that is hard milled as it appears more sheer on the skin and this is it. Sets foundation with a sheer veil of powder. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by oregonclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I use Prestige's wet/dry powder foundation and I wanted a thin compact of pressed powder for touch-ups during the day. After perusing the other drugstore brands, I settled on Prestige's powder mostly because I liked the compact. It's thin, and has a classy clear lid with silver printing around the outside. One of my coworkers seemed surprised when I told her it was a DS brand!

So, the product. It's a nice powder, not quite as silky as high-end brands, but certainly nice enough. It applies evenly, doesn't seem to cake up on my foundation, and does a nice job matte-ing down my oilies. I'm docking a lippie because it doesn't come with anything to apply it with - I had to buy some puffs, which have to be carried separately from the compact. The color range seems limited, but the Oatmeal shade is a good match for my skin tone. continued >>