December 22, 2014 | 739 users online

Moisturizers - Neal's Yard - Frankincense Nourishing Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

At first, I thought this would be too rich for my combination skin. However, I gave it a try as my skin tend to be quite dry in winter times. It turns out a great moisturser. The texture is quite thick but easily spread onto face. No breakout. It kept my skin hydrated, smooth and supply throughout the winter. It has a light and pleasant aromatherapy scent. As I don't have any fine lines, so I can't say much on anti aging effectiveness.

I've used it briefly in humid weather and it didn't work quite well. I've found it hard to sink into the skin and was too rich to use. Will save this for the winter times.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

3.4 really.

Oh my this stuff is like a butter, not a cream, it is so thick. Lemon in colour, it also has a distinctive fragrance that to some may have to rule it out.

It is winter which is the best time to use it as it is so thick. After cleansing and toning(a combo of water in a can and some organic aloe gel), on damp skin I apply a tiny amount around my eye area and pat in with the whole ring finger action. I will also apply a fair amount to my neck and upper chest area. This is where Frankincense Nourishing Cream gains its points imo, as it really does what it says. Those fine expression lines that didn't bother me before, gone. My poor neglected neck until last year (I would moisturise my face and body but always missed my neck for some reason) started to look 'better', basically when I lightly squeezed the skin on my neck the start of the dreaded crepe had nearly disappeared. Nice.
Now with the ingredients in mind I was really not looking forward to trying it on my face, all those pore clogging oils (scream and run for the hills). So after 2 weeks of using FNC as a glorified eye/neck cream and having no adverse reactions, and my present cream had finally finished (2013's resolution to use up my stuff), I proceeded to use this cautiously on my face. After my treatments, I use literally a finger dab of FNC and rubbed it on the pads of my fingers I then proceeded to finger tap this stuff over my face and only on the areas that needed it.

Okay this cream/butter is rich, I can only use this at night on my face as during the day with my ss and then mu it is too much. FNC will absorb into the skin and will leave no oily residue, which is unexpected. It even feels nourishing on the skin. However after 2 weeks of doing this, I am scouring MUA looking for a new moisturiser. I have a few pimples that have sprung up and the pores on my nose are notable again. Now I can't totally blame this cream/butter, as my routine and skin has gone a bit random of late due to illness. But I don't think FNC cuts it for me.

I might add this was part of a present - along with the Rose facial oil - from a friend who clearly listened to the sales assistant. Neal's Yard states that Frankincense Nourishing Cream is suited to all skin types, as an acne-prone/dehydrated/normal-oily combo skin type I would have to disagree.

Although this is a kick ass eye/neck cream, I will continue to use when and if my skin needs extra nourishment in certain areas. Although I do wish this was in a tube. Over the last few months I have had a spate of moisturisers in glass jars, so not travel friendly.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A word of caution to anyone in Canada -- for some reason, Neal's Yard has decided to charge Canadian customers over the odds for its products.

Price for a 50-gram (1.7 oz) jar of Frankincense Nourishing Cream:

On the US website = $20 (CDN $19.94 at the time of writing)

On the UK website = 20 pounds (CDN $32.35)

On the Canadian website = CDN $51.00

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by melliecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the product's overall beauty rating from various magazines, and, of course, from the positive reviews here on MUA. It's funny, I didn't like it much when I first tried it - it seemed too heavy and I could feel it sitting on my skin for a long time. I went to another moisturizer for a while, and then came back to Frankenstein - ostensibly just to 'use it all up.'

And weirdly - I'm in love! I finished the entire jar, and like other reviewers have said, there's just something about it. It feels light and supple now, it doesn't break me out, and my skin feels moisturized. The balance is perfect now. I am using up another bottle of Nude skincare moisturizer, and I'm really missing my Frankenstein. As soon as I'm done with Nude, I'm going to order my Neal's Yard ASAP! This is one of the very few moisturizers that I've finished up (even scraping the very last bits out of the pot) and immediately wanted to reorder. Love the stuff.

Update: It's been over a year and I still love this moisturizer. I'm just about to re-order my third pot. I occasionally wonder if I should be using something that is more wrinkle-fighting, but my skin looks so good that I then think, why am I bothering? Frankenstein works for me. The scent is so calming, and it is perfect for my acne-prone combo skin. And more importantly - my skin looks young, smooth, and supple. Love it!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I so, so love this cream! It's skin heaven in a little jar! I have extremely sensitive skin that reacts with almost anything. But after the initial few days of my skin getting used to a new cream, I now have soft, supple, toned, plumped skin. Seriously. No flakies ( I never had - no flakies ), no redness, no oiliness or dryness no clogged pores, no nasty reactions just the greatest my skin can be. Edit - I hope I will not jinx this but this is the best moisturizer I have ever, ever had. If you have not tried it give it a try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by iryna26

After reading positive reviews, I was looking forward to this moisturizer and I really like some other Neal's Yard products. However, this one did not do any miracles for me. It's a good cream to use overnight or during winter time, despite the slightly thick texture absorbs into skin very well, but there was no major improvement in my skin tone, appearance after using it for a couple of months (while I saw almost immediate beneficial effects with NYO Rose & Mallow moisturizer for example).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by RogueBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have combination dry skin with some hormonal breakouts now and then. I have tried many moisturizers (I've worked in skin care for over 12 years) and can fairly say this cream is amazing!
Ive used it now for two months and it has not made me break out, and my skin is radiant and supple. I'm very impressed by its performance, and it's organic to boot.
Love the smell, the jar is beautiful, and the price is competitive and totally worth it when you see the results.
I use it as a night cream, and it's such a joy to put on.

Seriously I could gush for another paragraph about all the other reasons to try this. However if you have very oily skin you may find it a little rich.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this moisturiser based on the reviews here and I am so glad I did. I think this has to be the best moisturiser I have ever used. I'm definitely going to be sticking to this one. My face has never looked better, smoother and my fine lines look plumped out (I have a few fine lines on my inner cheeks which seem a tad noticeable when I smile). The texture is fantastic also, thick but my skin soaks it up and leaves my face completely matte. Truly excellent product. Kenzokiís face delight intense nourishing serum + this product = HG.
P.S. Does anyone else think of Frankenstein when referring to this product? I do! hee...
UPDATE: While I still really like this cream and use it frequently, I must say Roc's New Hydra+ Bio Active spf15 Normal Skin is a tad bit better. Sorry Frankenstein!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 6:22:00 AM More reviews by LaPoule

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cream - it's rich without being overly oily. This winters has particularly cold, and I decided to try an even richer cream, but very quickly went back to the Frankincense Nourishing Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by pushin50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this cream! What a find!
I tried it because I'd found a review in Makeup Alley where it suited someone else's sensitive skin, and it also came highly recommended in The Beauty Bible book here in the uk, where women did blind testings. The shop gave me a sample and I was immediately won over!
Usually I get a reaction where the circulation to the skin seems to be increased and subsequently makes my small broken veins really stand out- but with this it seems to give a glowy effect and diminish any redness as well! ..and it is half the price of the cream I've been using.
At night time I've been using their Rejuvinating Frankincense Facial Serum underneath the cream- it is cold wintery weather out there and my skin looks great!
Ps You really need to warm this cream up in the palm of your hand first- in winter I breathe on it as well! This way it just melts onto your face.