August 21, 2014 | 1330 users online

Skincare - Body - Aura Cacia - Aromatherapy Body Oil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, it pains me to write this review.

I LOVE the fragrances of the Aura Cacia bubble baths. They are spot on, they are non-drying, bath water becomes like silk, and it's a truly wonderful bathing experience for a relatively small price.

I also love the Aura Cacia almond oil .... there is no real scent, and it hydrates superbly after your Aura Cacia bath: you can get a beautiful, sensual rub down (with a partner), and it penetrates in a relatively decent amount of time, and the price point is unbelievable.

So, I am thinking, I love the fragrances of the Aura Cacia bubble baths, and I love their unscented almond oil, so, of course I am going to love their fragranced massage oil.

WRONG.

I bought a bottle of jasmine and sandalwood. I was especially stoked about the sandalwood .... warm, musky, woody, oh my hopes were high and the four days it took to get here seemed a near eternity .....

I open my bottles, the Sandalwood has no fragrance whatsoever. I am trying and trying to catch a bit of wood, a note of moss, something, ANYTHING. Nothing. Nada. Which, comparatively, was a good thing. Because the Jasmine is one of the most obnoxious and repulsive rank things I have smelled. Maybe I got a bad batch, but it was the stereotype of every bad Jasmine fragrance you can imagine.

Cloying. Old. Rotting. Just. Plain. Nasty.

Avoid. At. All. Costs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 1:20:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I have this in "Lavender Harvest" and am really digging it. It's a blend of grapeseed oil, apricot kernel oil, sweet almond oil, lavender essential oil, lavandin, spike lavender, and vitamin E. It smells fresh and clean and soft--it's close enough to lavender for me (though I've never sniffed the real stuff), but without that putrid, pee-note that some lavender-scented products can get. However, the scent doesn't really linger and is rather faint so it won't interfere with other fragrances. I massage a generous amount of this stuff into my skin while it's still damp from the shower and it really locks in moisture all day long and keeps my problem areas (upper arms and thighs--I have a mild touch of KP) feeling comfortably hydrated and soft, which helps minimize the bumpiness. IMO, when you have very dry skin, no lotion or cream can really beat a post-bathing application of oil.

I love this line mostly because of the awesome packaging--plastic bottles with squirt-top caps that somehow do not dribble oil everywhere and will only dispense product if you squeeze the bottle. Much less messy than those dropper-type bottles. These are not cheap, since a 4 oz. bottle (smaller than the Neutrogena body oil) can cost about $6-8, depending on your source. But it's reasonable compared to some of the other body oils (Weleda, Dr. Hauschka) I've tried. And this stuff can multi-task in a pinch--makeup remover, cuticle oil, etc. Would definitely repurchase and will probably try a new scent this time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No