July 31, 2014 | 2195 users online

Pressed Powders - Chantecaille - Les Papillons Poudre Delicate in Veil

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! This is just amazing. Very finely milled, and it doesn't cake up or get patchy. I got this in Veil, which is a perfect fair neutral shade that doesn't go too pink or too yellow - I fall right in between, so it's an ideal shade for me. It's a fortune, yes, but totally worth it, although I did take off one lippie for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used MAC blot powder for years and years and then suddenly it became too drying on my aging skin. I tried one from Nars which was too powdery, if that can be said of a powder, then one from Chanel, which provided way too much coverage (although I loved the compact), and now I have settled on this one and thus far has repurchased once. It minimises shine like a powder should but it isn't drying. What more could one want? Oh yes, a compact like Chanel's. One lippie off because at this price I shouldn't have to deal with the compact becoming manky looking and the lettering coming off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 7:00:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Velvety smooth, skin enhancing wonder product!
Provides sophisticated, yet natural, soft-focus look, which adds the perfect light finishing touch to Chantecaille's Just Skin tinted moisturiser.
No wonder it flies off the shelves: stock up when you can!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Farforah1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder and and i used every last bit of it until i run low of it! i used it to top it on my face and body foundation from MUFE and it looked amazing! i have t zone and i live in dubai and still it saved my foundation without looking caky and unnatural .. i like it but i want to try out new products so i might come back to this if i did not find anything better ;) ..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2006 5:39:00 PM More reviews by piggiejan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this. i carry it around all the time. i think its great that the puff sits in its own compartment separate from the blush. the mirror in the compact is also totally workable, unlike some compact mirrors which are useless.

my only gripe, is that the shimmery red stuff on the top layer, doesnt go thru to the bottom because it is simply gorgeous on skin =(

that all said, this compact is so pretty. i confess i bought it primarily because of the butterfly on it lol. its great for touch ups, and i think it helps to 'highlight' your face too in a really subtle nice way. brightens it up i think not like some powders which can cause you to look abit dull.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2006 6:37:00 PM More reviews by highendheaven

My favorite powder to carry around is MAC Blot. But this one is a very close second...I keep it in my bag lately more than Blot. It is delicate, super fine and sheer, and the container is classy. A high quality item that works as beautifully as it looks! The color I have is very pale, but it is so sheer that it works all year round for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Mudskipper

The best powder I've ever used - unfortunately it's also the most expensive! At least you get a good amount of product for the money and in a gorgeous package. If there was room for a brush I'd be in heaven. I use a thin swipe over my daily sunscreen and it gives me an even slightly glowy finish that literally lasts all day and is the perfect base for my blush. The lasting power may change in the summer, but so far so good - and I haven't had a single breakout with this product. The thin film of pink shimmer does NOT go all the way through - I'm not sure why it's there - and the butterly also fades. While it's pretty, that isn't why I bought it. Veil is perfect for my neutral/cool PPP complexion. This also comes in Linen (which I haven't seen) and is supposed to be for LLL/MMM. I wish that Chantecaille would put out more options for DDDs, but perhaps that it is in the future.